Richmond, VA man commutes 7 hours total each day for his "dream job" in DC.

Appreciate some of your points but all things equal, can't see someone readily choosing Rockville over Arlington, but it all comes down to personal preference so further discussion is basically spinning tires
Nobody with a brain would bruh. Dudes in here talking about they walk MD's rich culture. The hell does that mean? Lets be real, everyone in the dmv on nt aint no young professional. Most of dudes speaking probably.... nvm

There is profiling out here but it isn't racial. Cops harass young mem (18-26) doesn't matter your race, in my experience. They just so bored out here due to the lack of serious crime they just **** with people to pass time.

I get a very strong good ole boys sense with the police in Arlington, lots of locals are also well connected (family, friends) and they certainly capitalize on it

Nobody with a brain would bruh. Dudes in here talking about they walk MD's rich culture. The hell does that mean? Lets be real, everyone in the dmv on nt aint no young professional. Most of dudes speaking probably.... nvm
your SN to post content ratio is too damn high for this thread fam.

and yes there are people who would rather live out in MD over VA, too many VA doesn't seem as nice as people make it out to be

I don't even know how this became a nova pg moco thing. Truthfully, this whole area is stale to me. I'm spending most of my weekends in NYC and Philly these days. It's still nice to see the dreadlock bitties with the phatties on the metro but the area doesn't do it for me anymore. Maybe it's the people, this whole area is full of prude chicks.

As far as affluence Chevy Chase and Bethesda can hang with anywhere in the area, and truthfully the outskirts of the tri-state area and Miami have the nicest houses on the east coast by far.

Last edited:
I don't even know how this became a nova pg moco thing. Truthfully, this whole area is stale to me. I'm spending most of my weekends in NYC and Philly these days. It's still nice to see the dreadlock bitties with the phatties on the metro but the area doesn't do it for me anymore. Maybe it's the people, this whole area is full of prude chicks.
errr where is the prude chicks? U say u spending time in NYC then call DC chicks prude? Logic there is none

Last edited:
I'm 22 pretty sure I count as a young professional . As I said I wouldn't live in NoVA until im ready to purchase a home and raise a family.

Last edited:
errr where is the prude chicks? U say u spending time in NYC then call DC chicks prude? Logic there is none
I really don't even want to address you because you don't know anything about the DC area, I didn't need to point it out because everyone knows you're not from here or never have been to Maryland in your life. But there are plenty of down to earth black women in NYC. I'm out there, I know. DC area women from slummin to ballin swear they're gods gift to humanity. PG women are cool but a rack of them just chase DC dudes so they feel less suburban.

I really don't even want to address you because you don't know anything about the DC area, I didn't need to point it out because everyone knows you're not from here or never have been to Maryland in your life. But there are plenty of down to earth black women in NYC. I'm out there, I know. DC area women from slummin to ballin swear they're gods gift to humanity. PG women are cool but a rack of them just chase DC dudes so they feel less suburban.
are u talking BLACK women?

It is a great area, no denying that. I'm living in a boring area (Loudoun County), so hopefully if I get my own place I can be somewhere more livelier in the area.

But really, I just miss home more than anything. :lol:
Are you living by yourself in Loudoun Co ? What city?
Nah, living with my uncle's family in Leesburg.
It is a great area, no denying that. I'm living in a boring area (Loudoun County), so hopefully if I get my own place I can be somewhere more livelier in the area.

But really, I just miss home more than anything. :lol:
Bruh, Loudon dry. Come out to fairfax
I think that's the city (or Reston?) I want to move to, but I have to stack up for a bit more.

Crystal
View media item 1190044
That's a nice selfie I took after being harassed by the cops last Thursday. They pulled over my boy who was driving because the owner of the car had a suspeneed license. How did they know this? They ran the plates while we were eating hotdogs outside 7/11. Then they waited for us to pull out and stopped as soon as we were on the road. It was about an hour long ordeal. 4 squad cars and a k9 unit. Ridiculous. I'm black and my boys were white and Hispanic.

the moral of the story is: don't drive a car with a suspended license

:lol: I know, right. Issue should be with your boy, not the police.

Dude said arlington was the wild west :lol: Funniest thing i've seen today.

:lol:

My best friend just moved to Arlington.

you can keep NoVa, give me DC and PG all day.

Drove through Arlington this morning. Had to keep the windows up and doors locked to my car.

Silver Spring hood? Maybe a few complexes on Hewitt Ave and across from Argyle on Bel Pre but.....nah

I don't even know how this became a nova pg moco thing. Truthfully, this whole area is stale to me. I'm spending most of my weekends in NYC and Philly these days.

This man knows.

If I was a young, single professional making 50k a yr, philly would be the go to city. Affordable enough to buy a decent spot and still live decently, city with neighborhoods that have their own unique feel, hell of lot cooler than DC, lsots of stuff to do on the weekends, great food, easy enough to get around most places by car or public transpo, 2 hrs and change from DC and NY.....

View media item 1190044
That's a nice selfie I took after being harassed by the cops last Thursday. They pulled over my boy who was driving because the owner of the car had a suspeneed license. How did they know this? They ran the plates while we were eating hotdogs outside 7/11. Then they waited for us to pull out and stopped as soon as we were on the road. It was about an hour long ordeal. 4 squad cars and a k9 unit. Ridiculous. I'm black and my boys were white and Hispanic.

No disrespect, but you should already know. I'm going to guess you were out after 10 PM, with a bunch of other young dudes. Police just playing the odds one of ya'll would drunk, open container, possession, or some other charge.

I'm 31, big, black, bald (half the year) with a beard, roll all around NoVA, never had an issue with police. Probably the biggest reason I bought Honda Odyssey (minivan). I wanted a blacked out Charger, but the juice wouldn't be worth that squeeze with that car. Hell, the last ticket I got, I was driving 85 on 66 at 1:45 AM. PW officer pulled me, saw the fam passed out in the back, and gave me a ticket for 8 over.

This man knows.

If I was a young, single professional making 50k a yr, philly would be the go to city. Affordable enough to buy a decent spot and still live decently, city with neighborhoods that have their own unique feel, hell of lot cooler than DC, lsots of stuff to do on the weekends, great food, easy enough to get around most places by car or public transpo, 2 hrs and change from DC and NY.....
yup...always checkin for openings there or trying to find a way to get back to Chicago

altho the MD VA DC urea has tons of job opportunities that i would be very interested in working in, mainly IC stuff
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
I've been here a year and a half in Arlington/Alexandria. Been cool for me. Expensive, but cool. I've heard that more of African-Americans are in MD but I've also heard about some of the sus areas over there too. I ain't familiar so I don't wanna risk that, what little possessions I own I need. Plus, I know more people in NoVa, things are more expensive but I don't have to worry about quality of worth for most items purchased. 

Besides, at the end of the day everyone goes into DC to chill at night, go to concerts, and go to bars. So really, doesn't even matter if NoVa > MD or MD > NoVa?

+still talkin about the topic+

i dont think that is the guy's first and last name, maybe a middle or nickname cause i cant find him in ako or global...was trying to find his rank.

Arlington in 2004 = Chicago in 2014.

Apparently. :lol:
:lol: I missed this. What was the reasoning?

:lol: u didn't miss anything. He had no reasoning. Son said Arlington, 10 years ago, was the wild, wild, west in terms of crime. I was :wow: and :rofl: when he said it.

I know WWF had the Mean Street Posse back in the day from Greenwich, CT. You could probably find a watered down group from Arlington if you looked hard enough back in '04.

Crime wise, there is NOTHING poppin' off in Arlington other than the drunken debauchery that happens when the bars close out in Clarendon on Fri/Sat night.

Back
Top Bottom