Richmond, VA man commutes 7 hours total each day for his "dream job" in DC.

Im tripping over my 15 min commute. Saw this on the news and was like damn.

My commute goes from 10 to 15 minutes very August when the kids are back in school and the mommy train starts. Takes me damn near a month to adjust. :smh:

I dont have to be at work till 8.

I wake up at 6 during the school year and I'm at the office at 6:45. I just find me a couch and take an hour nap.

During the summer I wake up at 7 get to work about 7:30.

The crazy thing is that, like you, Im trying to avoid a 20 min drive vs a 15 min drive.

I despise traffic.

Last edited:
lol this if funny

I live in Richmond & a friend of mine just got a position near Arlington. She is basically doing the same commute. I told her she's gonna end up moving up there

Shouldn't this be a somewhat easier commute once the silver line reaches further in VA. I'm not sure what metro stations they have planned though.
Silver line extends through Northern VA and im 90% sure it isnt going any further. He lives in richmond 1.5 hrs away from the silver line.

Our site supervisor lives in malaysia and works in singapore. It takes atleast 4 hrs everyday for him to get to work and line up at immigration. He does this 6 times a week.

Why he doesnt hop on the VRE at F-Burg is beyond me tho. That would save him like an hour each way.
Scratch was I said earlier

This is what my friend does. I didn't know what she meant by vre. She still leaves here @ like 5am & gets home around 7-8 at night.

why doesn't dude learn how to change his own car oil?

Its cheaper to have a shop do it. Shops typically do oil changes at a loss.

It's also crazy how he put his story out there for the world to see like we're not supposed to have an opinion on it. Funny how things work sometimes.

No one is saying you can't have an opinion. But its ridiculous to act like communing 3.5 hour to works is insane or unheard of.

Bro...it is insane. If it was normal, this wouldn't be a story.

What's the point of him spending that much time getting to his job when he has no time to spend with his family on workdays? Why doesn't he just live in D.C. and come home for the weekends? And have his family visit him some weeks during the workdays, they don't have to live there.

Our site supervisor lives in malaysia and works in singapore. It takes atleast 4 hrs everyday for him to get to work and line up at immigration. He does this 6 times a week.
:lol: The hell. How does the crossing the border situation work over there?

I had a supervisor when stationed in San Diego that lived in Rosarito, Mexico. He would drive to the border park his car, walk across and catch a cab home or have his wife pick him up.

I work for the DOJ/ATF and this **** is nothing new Lol. Dudes routinely do the commute from West Va and Pa. Im in Forestville and it's still a 45 min drive into DC smh

Back
Top Bottom