Rick Ross Addresses Controversial Trayvon Martin Line on “Mastermind”

Between this and Nikki Minaj's Malcolm X explanation this has been an interesting Black History Month musically.

I'm white, and I still find this stuff fairly offensive. Such a blatant reach for attention. Don't take what these people stood for and use it for your money-making objectives. Pretty disgusting.

Why do people only go at Ross and make him explain his "controversial" verses. its motha ******* rap dog. ****** gonna say whatever whenever however.

Why do people only go at Ross and make him explain his "controversial" verses. its motha ******* rap dog. ****** gonna say whatever whenever however.
The differences is in cases like this in the past, rappers talk about something in a abstract way.  Ross on the other hand chose to use the name of a dead young man that many feel was unjustly "targeted" and killed in the process. How can YOU not see the difference. 

Also, this is Ross's second time around the block in saying a controversial line.  As a man, you are suppose to learn from your mistakes and not repeat them, but it doesn't appear as though Ross got that message the first time around.  To take a line from Eminem.........."but now it's escalated, cause once you put someone's kids in it, the **** gets escalated, it ain't just words no more is it"

Rappers been using "Beat you like a slave" type of lines for as long as I can remember. BIG was rapping about kidnapping and raping kids. _'s been saying dumb **** and it'll continue. This ain't nothing new. That explanation is just weak though.

Rappers been using "Beat you like a slave" type of lines for as long as I can remember. BIG was rapping about kidnapping and raping kids. _'s been saying dumb **** and it'll continue. This ain't nothing new. That explanation is just weak though.

The instances you reference are very vague.

He might be a little too specific with it.

And his timing is piss poor.

Because most popular rappers are intelligent enough not to say the nonsense Ross does.

And he really needs a publicist to do his speaking for him.

The instances you reference are very vague.

Maybe to you. When I hear a black man tell another black man "I'll beat you like a slave" and the BIG example I think the same thing thought when I heard that Ross line. It's dumb and unnecessary.

But there is still a difference between vague and specific.

And the instances you reference are vague.

And Ross' line was specific. And poorly timed. To me the difference is very clear.

Both are dumb and unnecessary.

Rick Ross said "Reeboks on I just do it *****"

on the Breakfast Club they informed him that

that is Nike's slogan. Rick Ross replied with

laughter followed by saying "is it?" as if there

was a deeper meaning behind it. Listen to this

man's music. Do not take his opinions or thoughts

seriously :rofl:

:wow: i thought he was taking shots at Nike.. :smh:

seriously
roll.gif
BAWSE!

I used think this dude had to be reeeaaaallly high. But now I know no one can be this oblivious and obtuse. His answers are too dumb to unplanned. I think Lyor created him to troll Black people and rap fans world over.
omarion.gif

rossdancee.gif

tumblr_m8xt5wj4w41qjo6dbo1_400.gif

i7KmdOh6CqWJ6.gif

Dancing like Missy Elliot

There's a better way to do it.

Pusha's Trayvon/Avon line is amazing (from "Pain"). Almost jumped out of my chair when I first heard it.

Ross is just corny. I'll give his album one listen through on the phone, then that's it. Sick of hearing about million dollar funerals and whatever else he dreams up.
same lol

:wow: i thought he was taking shots at Nike.. :smh:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt thinkin he was takin shots at Reebok for droppin him :lol:

When I first heard that song and that line, I had to replay it a handful of times just to make sure I was hearing it correctly :lol:

I don't want to upset anyone in the Rick Ross thread so I'll post this here because I thought it was amusing....

@big_business_: Fam Rozay lies are the dopest he said he was worth 92 million at the beginning of Mastermind and then by track 8 he down to 70 million

Back
Top Bottom