Ricky from Boyz N The Hood was a !@%$#@ Idiot (Hear Me Out)

Am I wrong?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
How do we know that Ricky and Dough had different fathers?

Its crazy to me that there are dudes who can watch the film and completely interpret its message correctly while still cosigning the police killing unarmed folks out here.

How do we know that Ricky and Dough had different fathers?

Its crazy to me that there are dudes who can watch the film and completely interpret its message correctly while still cosigning the police killing unarmed folks out here.

It was stated in the movie...

How did you not notice this until now?

Last edited:
Reactions: ct3
menace was a movie I loved as a kid but it's hard for me to watch now knowing so many people around me who never lived that way who emulated the actions of o dog, especially since he didn't die or go to prison at the end on screen

You weren't paying attention to the ending because he's being put in handcuffs and into a police car.

This scene right here is what got my opinion to change on that clown.

Did you see it??? Watch again.

After the shots ring out what does Ricky do?

He runs back to grab his bag of doritos.

Doritos.

He put his valuable life in danger over junk food.:stoneface:

for that scene in particular, Singleton didnt tell the cast that shots were about to be fired.

what you saw was a genuine reaction to shots going off in Crenshaw, thats why Morris ran behind the cameras at first. you also see him almost get ran over.

i thought this was common knowledge.

ill see if i can find a video of them talking about it.

glasses.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

for that scene in particular, Singleton didnt tell the cast that shots were about to be fired.

what you saw was a genuine reaction to shots going off in Crenshaw, thats why Morris ran behind the cameras at first. you also see him almost get ran over.

i thought this was common knowledge.

ill see if i can find a video of them talking about it.

best i could find was an IMDB trivia entry, i seen a video talking about it years ago, oh well

In order to maintain a sense of realism (i.e., shots firing unexpectedly), John Singleton never gave the actors cues as to when the shots would be fired. As such, their reactions are real.

You weren't paying attention to the ending because he's being put in handcuffs and into a police car.

I really meant killed or showing real punishment

it only said his punishment in text

nobody modeled themselves after the last 30 seconds of the movie

they remember the other 2 hrs

It was stated in the movie...

How did you not notice this until now?

She said something along the lines of you aint **** just like your father. No mention of said father being different from Ricky's father. Im not doubting the possibility but im not going to assume something that wasn't said or implied.

Got the flick, ima watch now.

i got a theory about menace 2 society that stacy was ****** jada pinkett the whole movie 
laugh.gif

i gotta rewatch the movie to pick up all the hints again 

i got a theory about menace 2 society that stacy was ****** jada pinkett the whole movie :lol:

i gotta rewatch the movie to pick up all the hints again 

Probably right...

Kane was too shook to smash even after old boy gave him the green light. Somebody was keeping that thing lubricated while her man was in the pantry collecting dust.

Females need D more than males need P. A women spends her whole life being lusted after... they need to be wanted. A man can cope with a drought because there have always been times when a man has no choice but to do so. Women can have what they want, when they want it because there's always a man willing to jump through a fiery hoop to have it.

Adam and Eve was written a while back and I think the point of the story (not creation or disobeying GOD) is missed by some folks.

Last edited:
I went and rewatched the scene on Crenshaw and he really doubled back for his Doritos. Ricky was a moron.

She said something along the lines of you aint **** just like your father. No mention of said father being different from Ricky's father. Im not doubting the possibility but im not going to assume something that wasn't said or implied.

Got the flick, ima watch now.

It was clearly stated in the movie. Doughboy's friends were sitting on the porch and I think his mother was yelling at him. Someone asked something along the lines of "Why does she treat him like that?" and the guy in the wheelchair replied "They got different dads."

Last edited:
It was clearly stated in the movie. Doughboy's friends were sitting on the porch and I think his mother was yelling at him. Someone asked something along the lines of "Why does she treat him like that?" and the guy in the wheelchair replied "They got different dads."

It was before the USC recruiter came over. 01:03:00 mark:

Damn. Didn't know about the Singleton scene on Crenshaw. That is cool.

LA folks, do people still hang out around Crenshaw like that in 2015?

Not to mention in the scene when the old heads stole Ricky's football, Dough told Trey, "HIS daddy gave him that ball."

FlyNy brought up East Coast hood movies, nawghty brought up New Jersey Drive being underrated...i say Clockers is just as underrated. Rarely gets brought up

Crazy how I came into this thread after just thinking about this film :wow:

OP, Ricky was the most naive of the group. Him going after his Doritos, or having a baby with his young girlfriend while still in HS was showing the viewer he lacked guidance and didn't know any better. And yet he was the meal ticket out the hood. That's why his death is the center point of the film. There's an innocence to Ricky (which is what that whole football scene with DuRag shawty was suppose to convey) he didn't know any better and his brother was the one that would get him out a jam.

"Dough, lemme out" :wow:

Back
Top Bottom