RIP Manute Bol

Originally Posted by vanexellent

I remember one time Bol (7-7) got an isolation play on Chuck Nevitt (7-5) and beat him off the dribble for 2pts which looked like two praying mantis playing basketball.

Manute had a special relationship with Mullin and I think even named one of his kids "Chris".

he did name one of them Chris. I actually hung out with his other son Manute not too long ago. RIP

were gonna miss him a lot. A modern day hero
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

RIP... guy was heavy into philanthropy too. Beyond being a good NBA player, he was a great man.
I had no idea the work that Bol was doing in Sudan.  While Jordan and LeBron get their $#%%+ sucked by the media every time they sneeze, true heroes like Manute go completely unrecognized and that is an inexcusable %%**#*# tragedy in an of itself.  At the end of the day, sports and accolades don't mean %!$*, what kind of person you were does.

"I give a damn if any fan recalls my legacy, I'm tryin' to live life in the sight of God's memory"

He was a giant among men in more ways than one... I am truly inspired.

pimp.gif
good man passed.  

Went broke building schools and churches back in his home country.  good man. 

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by JPZx

RIP... guy was heavy into philanthropy too. Beyond being a good NBA player, he was a great man.
I had no idea the work that Bol was doing in Sudan.  While Jordan and LeBron get their $#%%+ sucked by the media every time they sneeze, true heroes like Manute go completely unrecognized and that is an inexcusable %%**#*# tragedy in an of itself.  At the end of the day, sports and accolades don't mean %!$*, what kind of person you were does.

"I give a damn if any fan recalls my legacy, I'm tryin' to live life in the sight of God's memory"

He was a giant among men in more ways than one... I am truly inspired.

QFT

RIP Manute Bol

Never heard of him, but looking at all the articles on him trying to help Sudan hopefully all the work he did was for a reason, R.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom