RIP Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela

that's the problem.

People DON'T know...

The celebrity's death had a greater impact on peoples hearts in that thread. Dudes in there talking about crying at the next movie." He changed my life"

At least do a Wikipedia search and recognize what mandella did.

But cats ain't eem about that.

Maybe I'm just upset that people don't seem as heart broken as I am, and that's my fault...

Sad that mandella is really gone. :frown:

Look man I think you're overthinking this. I personally know of Mandela's beliefs and what he did and stood for. He was an amazing and strong individual. But he was 95 years old and close to death for about a month. People have to die at some point and 95 is not someone who "went before his time." He accomplished SO MUCH and live a full life that many people couldn't fulfill in 3 lifetimes so it's only so much sadness that people are gonna have. As Americans you get trained to believe that death is ALWAYS a tragedy. But it's inevitable and when you've lived such a long, full life it's really not. He's made that leap to the other side where there is peace so personally I'm not too sad. It's a celebratory situation to me. Paul Walker was 40 years old man! That's a tragedy. That was untimely. Don't shoot me guys I'm just speaking what I feel.

Last edited:
... watching his release from prison on tv back when i was a kid and later him becoming the first black south african president was nothing short of inspiring ...

and it still is ...

RIP ...

Damn man I jus woke up thinking about this. I always did my black history reports on either him or ali, every single year. Those were 2 people I took time out to read about on my own will. This hit hard like when MJ passed. RIP Mandela :frown:

@nique: aight bro. I can respect your point of view. I feel differently. Nothing wrong with that.

@maximus: bruh... This is a forum... If everybody agreed,then wwhat's the point.

I never understand why people complain about debates on a message board...

People have different opinions...

Is there some sort of max post limit I'm not aware of...?

@nique: aight bro. I can respect your point of view. I feel differently. Nothing wrong with that.

@maximus: bruh... This is a forum... If everybody agreed,then wwhat's the point.

I never understand why people complain about debates on a message board...

People have different opinions...

Is there some sort of max post limit I'm not aware of...?

:pimp: respect

and yeah the Paul walker thread is that long because of discussion/debate.

that's the only thing that makes threads on here go pages and pages soooo yeah what else dude want

to happen on an internet forum? :lol:

It wouldn't be 80 pages and get off your high horse, talking about comprehension, FOH.

You're so annoying just say RIP and dip.
You have such female tendencies

Given the time and place I'm going to keep this very respectful. Why are you here? You're the same ignorant kid who said there's no need to mourn Nelson Mandela's death in the Paul Walker thread, so why are you here?

Given the time and place I'm going to keep this very respectful. Why are you here? You're the same ignorant kid who said there's no need to mourn Nelson Mandela's death in the Paul Walker thread, so why are you here?

How is that ignorant?

He was suffering from an illness that kept him in the hospital he is now at peace.

We need to celebrate his life and in general you are always running your mouth but w/e.

Why do people care how many pages this thread is compared to Paul Walker's?

Anyone with any sense knows Mandela's contributions to society dwarf Walker's. Even the folks that posted in that thread (like me). Why is everything a competition or "____ >>>> ____" on here? Sheesh.

Some of you dudes will find anything to ***** and moan about, I swear. And in doing so, you're derailing a thread about the very person you want respect shown to. Genius.
that's the problem.

People DON'T know...

The celebrity's death had a greater impact on peoples hearts in that thread. Dudes in there talking about crying at the next movie." He changed my life"

Maybe I'm just upset that people don't seem as heart broken as I am, and that's my fault...

Gotta agree with fontaine on this one. It's just the demographics on here

Obama keeping it classy @ the funeral

indifferent.gif

Last edited:
:lol: Didn't even recognize that's who they were. Makes it worse they're all world leaders and he gets singled out.

I think everyone's making the "Obama" selfie a lot bigger of an issue than what it really is only because the event today is a day of celebration and remembrance of Nelson Mandela, and not the actual funeral.

Or maybe Michelle was really pissed at Barry doing that, so he'll be sleeping in the Oval office when they get home #kanyeshrug[j/spoiler]

Last edited:
Michelle Obama...

My respect level for her is over 9000 right now!!!!

Straight up put a halt to that foolishness :smokin :smokin

I absolutely love how Obama looks like that kid who just got grounded by his mom...:lol:

#strongblackwoman; even the potus knows the deal...:lol:

Last edited:
that's the problem.

People DON'T know...

I'm sure the thousands of white South Africans that were killed on order of Mandela are more upset about Paul dying.......
You are telling people they don't know but you don't know yourself. Not everyone saw Mandela as this great saint at the end if the day he used to be a politician Marxist and said America was the worst country.

But I admire him because I know that all of this stemmed from how the Africans were being treated but don't act like majority of non blacks/African give a damn about Mandela just like you don't give a damn about Columbia and chinas social leaders.

You the most self righteous cat in this forum.

rip

everyone talks about the apartheid but his other views are on the DL

7. On the U.S. war with Iraq:

“If there is a country that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world, it is the United States of America. They don’t care for human beings.”
Via cbsnews.com
6. On Israel:

“Israel should withdraw from all the areas which it won from the Arabs in 1967, and in particular Israel should withdraw completely from the Golan Heights, from south Lebanon and from the West Bank.”
Via jweekly.com
5. On the U.S. war with Iraq:

“All that (Mr. Bush) wants is Iraqi oil.”
Via cbsnews.com
4. Mandela on Castro and the Cuban revolution:

“From its earliest days, the Cuban Revolution has also been a source of
inspiration to all freedom-loving people. We admire the sacrifices of the Cuban people in maintaining their independence and sovereignty in the face of the vicious imperialist-orquestrated campaign to destroy the impressive gain made in the Cuban Revolution. … Long live the Cuban Revolution. Long live comrade Fidel Castro.”
Via lanic.utexas.edu
3. Mandela on Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi, his longtime supporter:

“It is our duty to give support to the brother leader … especially in regards to the sanctions which are not hitting just him, they are hitting the ordinary masses of the people … our African brothers and sisters.”
Via finalcall.com
2. On the U.S. preparing to invade Iraq in a 2002 interview with Newsweek:

“If you look at those matters, you will come to the conclusion that the attitude of the United States of America is a threat to world peace.”
Via newsweek.com
1. On a Palestinian state:

“The UN took a strong stand against apartheid; and over the years, an international consensus was built, which helped to bring an end to this iniquitous system. But we know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/7-nelson-mandela-quotes-you-probably-wont-see-in-the-us-medi

Back
Top Bottom