RIP Uncle Phil

What an awful way to start the year...R.I.P. Uncle Phil 
frown.gif

He really seemed like a great guy. I respected his character a lot on the show, dude was full of wisdom

Townsend Coleman (Michelangelo, 1987 TMNT)

Oh my goodness... worked for 10 years with this dear man as Master Shredder on the original TMNT... what a huge loss for family, friends, co-workers and fans! Terribly saddened to hear of James' passing... wow.

Rob Paulsen (Raphael, 1987 TMNT/Donatello 2012 TMNT)

So very sad to hear of the passing of James Avery. Our original Shredder and a good friend. R.I.P.

ACTOR Will Smith has been left “shocked” and devastated by the sudden death of his former costar James Avery.
Avery played Will’s uncle, Philip Banks, in the TV show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

James’ character was ranked #34 in TV Guide’s “50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time.

Avery died in an L.A. hospital last night, after recently undergoing surgery for an undisclosed illness.

Sources say Smith found out the news by phone.

“Will was ringing in the New Year with his family when an associate told him the news,” a source said.

“Working with James was a big part of his life.. in fact, James was something of a father figure to Will.

“He’s devastated by the death.. James will be sorely missed"

Rest in Peace uncle Phil. My favorite sitcom of all time. Thought he was older for some reason.. Only 65 tho??? Too young.

****. legit sad :frown:

I had a chance to see him two years ago giving the graduation speech at UCSD. Great human being.

Bros...

I've never really cared when a celebrity died but....

This lowkey hurt...

Am I alone/wrong in this?

I mean... I never knew the dude... Only his character...

And people were clowning folks for feeling bad about Paul Walker's passing but...

This just feels a little bit different.

:frown: :frown:

Never forget the episode hes laughin with will n carlton and starts wiling out yelling at them at the drop of a dime. Like a hellstorm of words and anger. Scared the ish outta even me

He was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom