Rock the Bells 2013 Concert Series. DC and NY Shows Cancelled Due to Poor Ticket Sales.

Real talk, all summer every commercial on 93.9 and even the older stations like 96.3 had something to do with Rock the Bells.

I thought the tickets were very fairly priced for all of the people you got to see. I'm just so surprised that they didn't sell enough tickets.

^ yea i thought the price were fair as well. Im paying around the same amount just watch drake. The amount of artists listed was a Win in my opinion. 

Compared to the last few years where it was only $100 at Governor's Island, damn near $200 for a 2 day in the middle of Jersey was such a stupid move. Its not convenient for people to make a long commute two days in a row and its not feasible to book a hotel just for this concert.   Plus, the show is usually in August when its nice and warm out, but this year it was in October when the weather is chilly. These dudes really dropped the ball.  Theres was so much money to be made by hosting it in NYC, but instead they chose NJ because the venue is cheaper for them to rent out.  They dun goofed!

I think the lineup wasn't anything special this year, at least compared to last year's. I was expecting something MAJOR for their 10th year anniversary. Last year's show should've been their 10th year show instead.

Anyway, sad news. Hope this ain't the end of Rock The Bells. Last year's event was SICK and will always be one of my favorite concerts ever!

Compared to the last few years where it was only $100 at Governor's Island, damn near $200 for a 2 day in the middle of Jersey was such a stupid move. Its not convenient for people to make a long commute two days in a row and its not feasible to book a hotel just for this concert.   Plus, the show is usually in August when its nice and warm out, but this year it was in October when the weather is chilly. These dudes really dropped the ball.  Theres was so much money to be made by hosting it in NYC, but instead they chose NJ because the venue is cheaper for them to rent out.  They dun goofed!

Agreed. Should have never moved it out of NYC. Moving it south NJ last year so damn dumb. :smh: And moving it back to October this year was even more stupid. It's real chilly here in NJ during that time. No one wants to stand around til 10,11pm freezing. Can't hold an outdoor concert in the tri-state area in October. And move it back to 1 day. This aint Woodstock.

Last edited:
Man bring it back to one day, I stopped supporting the festival because they would force you to get the 2 day tickets and 70 percent of those acts been there the previous years

They're trying to do too much now. I went for the 8th year in a row this year and this one just didn't have the same magic previous ones have. Add to that the whole hologram promotion was a bust because they did 2 songs with them tops. Like others have said, take it back to one day, cut down the amount of dates, and bring some fresh acts in instead of rehashing the same lineup every year.

Back
Top Bottom