Rogaine; does it work? Vol.The George Jefferson look ain't for me!!!!

thought my hairline was thinning one time, turns out my lineup was just being pushed back, grew out my hair for 8 weeks and was back in action 
happy.gif

my grandfather on my moms side hair didn't start thinning til he was like 60 too 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Research a cheap pill called Biotin. It's the hair, nail, and skin pill mentioned above.

My hair has been thin since at least 14 but I've been able to grow braids, curls, a fro...everything. I'm 28 now and the thinning is more noticeable unless I cut it low...like without a guard and a simple line up. I feel the pain. I've been on Biotin for about a month. Seems to be filling in the lighter spots gradually. I've never had a BALD spot though.

my grandfather on my moms side hair didn't start thinning til he was like 60 too 
pimp.gif
That old wives tale about balding coming from your Mothers side has been proven to be a fallacy. If you have the bald gene on either side of the family; you're assed out.

Research a cheap pill called Biotin. It's the hair, nail, and skin pill mentioned above.

My hair has been thin since at least 14 but I've been able to grow braids, curls, a fro...everything. I'm 28 now and the thinning is more noticeable unless I cut it low...like without a guard and a simple line up. I feel the pain. I've been on Biotin for about a month. Seems to be filling in the lighter spots gradually. I've never had a BALD spot though.
PM me if you can or just post here but where can I get the pill. I did a google search and came up with this. Amazon product ASIN B00BPGPX1E

pshhhh.....

someone needs to photoshop a Black George Costanza.
But nah i think it's in every black man's DNA to shave you're head once you go bald.

I wish I could say it were true. My cousin is 21 and his **** look bogus as hell in the front...he refuses to come on home. Some woman somewhere is sending him off

Me, on the other hand, cut it off when **** started going back

There's a whole regiment you're suppose to follow. I can't remember the specific products and if I find the link I'll post it up here
1. Nizoral Shampoo. This is just as important as rogaine
2. Finasteride
3. Rogaine
4. Testosterone booster .. I remember this being expensive and why I opted not to try this treatment

I think it was on BB.com where I saw/read the whole run down of products but can't seem to find the actual link in my bookmarks of the website that explains everything. All I remember is that the testosterone booster was quite expensive and you needed it too balance off the side effects of rogaine and finasteride

EDIT
here's the website http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-men/
This is all true. I do not do #4 either. Add biotin (natural supplement) to the list as well. It's easy; take it just like a daily vitamin.

Rogaine does work, but only in certain areas of the head (primarily the crown). If you stop using it, it will fall out again. Using too much will not improve the results either; just take it as directed.

Nizoral is very hard to find now however. I don't believe it was discontinued, but there is something wrong with the manufacturing of the product. You need to find a shampoo that has ketoconazole, that is the main ingredient that will help promote hair growth.

I found 100 tablets of Biotin 10,000mcg on Amazon for dirt cheap. Maybe like 7 shipped. I haven't had any breaks out.

I'm also using Nioxin scalp therapy cleanser and conditioner. It's for fine or thinning hair. Luckily, my hairline isn't receding. My hair is just thin and straight down the middle. But it's always been that way so I dunno.

A bunch of people have Biotin videos on YouTube also.

Last edited:
Im going to try biotin.

I have a full head of hair (pony tail) but I got a thin hair family line and I can see it thinking in bright light or directly under a sconce. It's in the middle like Mister P but other parts are starting to thin.

My hairline started to go so I let nature take its course. Shaved it and haven't looked back.

Saves time and money on haircuts

my hair is thinning as well.  I inquired about rogaine and everyone I've talked to says once you start, you can't stop.  You'll just lose the hair again lol.  So I just go the bald look.

(copy & paste from wave thread)

To my balding crew, try 100% Avocado Oil and taking Vitamin D supplements. I read Av Oil stimulates hair growth, and vitamin d deficiency has been linked the male pattern baldness.....My corners were in a recession and both sides of my head were visibly thinning out on both sides and the top. I started using those 6 mnths ago and my corners have come back close to normal and my hair thick as a muuhhhh all around. Didnt take any picks, srry. You might wanna give it a try. What you gotta lose besides more hair?

(also started back on the weights and running mnths ago. dont know if that affected anything. i know for LBJ, it dont)

I pray to the gods i never go bald i got thick n wavy hair, perks of being mexican lol. If it makes yall feel better i cant grow a beard to save my life.:smh:

Last edited:
Some tips that i've come across for those who are concerned about loosing their hair. I don't know if these are 100% correct or full proof, but then again what is :lol: just passing it along for my NT brethren

1) Be very delicate and careful with how you treat your hair in the shower. The hot water that is touching your scalp is already making your scalp and hair extremely tender, soft, delicate, etc. Scrubbing or brushing your hair profusely during your showers over an extended period of time can cause some significant damage.

2) Be careful with how often and hard you brush your hair. As far as trying to take care of your hair is concerned, brushing it abundantly is counterproductive over the long haul

3) Refrain from putting any extra unnecessary substances, jells, oils, etc. in your hair. Most people's scalp produces more than enough oil, moisture, etc. to keep your hair healthy. Adding unnecessary substances to your hair can weaken your hair over the long haul

4) Working out often has proven to be beneficial for every part of your body, including your scalp as far as MPB is concerned

5) It's an age old adage but it's true, stress has been linked to hair-loss. Stop stressing, over-thinking, and over-analyzing on things.

And a few myths to dispell

1) Wearing hats all the time does not cause hair loss

2) Getting haircuts often does not cause hair loss

3) Regardless of where it came from, if the bald gene is in your family there's a chance it may pop up

4) Growing a beard does not take away from what's going on on top of your head.

been losing my hair since 19 i just shave it now 
me at 28 

combo of genetics and me being allergic to metal and all ways wearing ball caps 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom