Rogaine; does it work? Vol.The George Jefferson look ain't for me!!!!

I haven't been losing my hair, my grandfather on my mothers side in 78 years old with a complete full head of hair. Seriously the dude looks 55.

My other grandfather, I've never met, so I have no idea what he looks like. That's what's scary, I may have the hair-loss gene but I wouldn't know.

So I started using shampoo called PerfetcHair, it's like 25 dollars a bottle and it's supposedly stops hair loss/promotes regrowth. I'm taking it just in case my hair decides to act funny in the future. It has biotin in it.

Should I take biotin pills as well?

Anything that can prevent it from happening down the road, I'm down to take. Rather be safe than sorry.

I'm good so far @ 26...my grandad on my mom side is bald but I don't know if he was putting **** in it back in the day...my dad isn't bald and he's 52...so I should be ok.

I have a big head so baldness is not what I want!!!

srs question, is it true that rogaine will work on facial hair? dudes around my way are saying so, but I dont think so.
laugh.gif

Son I started balding at 19.

By the time I was 20 I had to go with the baldy. My hair was really bad.

Wasn't till basic training like 6 months after that and my drill told me to use rogain foam.
Didn't listen to him tho and waited about another year or 2 to try it. All the while shaving my head and making it worse.

When I deployed in 2013 I finally started using it and bro it did wonders. It feels so good to be able to get my hair cut again. It helped with my baldness and my receding. Even tho the bottle says it only works on the cowlick area.

I started using head and shoulders 2 in 1 and that also helped as well. My hair will never be the same but now I can have at least 2-3 inches on the top and it looks good.

Another shampoo and conditioner combo to use that will help is "mane and tail"

Get on that monistat 7 to your scalp plan. **** filled my Ginobili spot right in in like 10 days on some miracle tip. I bought the Wal Mart brand too so it was only like 4$

OP my hair isn't thinning so i can't help you on that front but if you're having trouble with razor bumps from shaving it bald try to exfoliate and use a safety razor.... you might wanna practice on your face for a few weeks though :wink:

Use an Andis T Outliner or Wahl Peanut is better. If he is black, he shouldn't use any type of razor on his face

monostat? lol

no pics of before and after?  been a year  and longer. op still around?

Copping Biotin pills first thing in the AM.

I got dreads and my crown is thin. Can't have that anymore.

I started thinnin at about 26....and i freaked out. I would look awful bald.

I did the whole nizoral shampoo, etc etc stuff.

What actually has worked for me is to stop using products of any sort on my hair. No conditioners, shampoos, etc. Stopped using hot or warm water up there. For the past two years it has been just straight cold or ice cold water up there. I am now 29 and my hair is back to my 25 and under nice thickness and volume. Still had thicker and fuller hair under 23 but very satisfied with where it is at now.

I started thinnin at about 26....and i freaked out. I would look awful bald.

I did the whole nizoral shampoo, etc etc stuff.

What actually has worked for me is to stop using products of any sort on my hair. No conditioners, shampoos, etc. Stopped using hot or warm water up there. For the past two years it has been just straight cold or ice cold water up there. I am now 29 and my hair is back to my 25 and under nice thickness and volume. Still had thicker and fuller hair under 23 but very satisfied with where it is at now.

What do you use to wash your hair?

Last edited:
Sounds like to me he doesn't. Just a cold water routine ........

Yep. Just cold water usually. Ill occasionally use nizoral shampoo if i got seriously dirty or after a haircut. Hair and cold water is pretty much all you need. Hair basically cleans itself if you give it a chance to get back to its natural state.

A lot of people talk about baking soda with water and vinegar with water solutions and they may use that. I havent even done that...and my hair smells great, feels strong, and looks good. The smelling good part surprised me as much as anyone. To each their own though..

100% serious bros
I actually googled out of curiosity and there's nothing concrete.  The videos are mostly women mixing in the crème with growth oil.  But men and women follicles are different.  No pics from before and after either, so it's hard to say.  I read that these won't cure baldness, so it won't help reggie evans or LeBron james, but they will just help existing thinning areas grow faster.

There's not really a cure persay just ways to make already thinning hair grow thicker as long as the follicle isn't sead you can stimulate it to grow thicker hair

Yep. Just cold water usually. Ill occasionally use nizoral shampoo if i got seriously dirty or after a haircut. Hair and cold water is pretty much all you need. Hair basically cleans itself if you give it a chance to get back to its natural state.

A lot of people talk about baking soda with water and vinegar with water solutions and they may use that. I havent even done that...and my hair smells great, feels strong, and looks good. The smelling good part surprised me as much as anyone. To each their own though..
I don't think it has anything to do with the wash as much.  Did you alter your diet in any severity?  Well as long it's been helping you.

There's not really a cure persay just ways to make already thinning hair grow thicker as long as the follicle isn't sead you can stimulate it to grow thicker hair
Have you tried it? Any legit testimony?  And did you actually sleep with your hair damp?  Read different things about it.  Said the treatment can cause headaches and even dry your skin too much.  tnx

Only thing I have tried is rogain foam. And I still use it. Been using it for little more than a year. I have no side effects. I put some on in the AM after my shower and in the PM after my shower which is usable an hour or two before bed. bravelude bravelude

I love it actually. Got my hair back and I feel great about it

Last edited:
Honestly my dudes, that little bit of straggler growth you might gain from is kinda obvious and out of place.

hqdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom