Rondo triple double

If anyone's watching the Celtics-Pacers game (I didn't see a game thread) Rondo has a triple double.....a minute and a half into the 3rd quarter.
eek.gif

Has anyone seen someone get a triple double in damn near one half?
nerd.gif

I can't stand this guy either, but I'm glad he's on my fantasy team. He's been killing it this year.

People hate Rondo? NTers will hate on ANYONE.
laugh.gif

He finished with 16-13-17 btw.

Originally Posted by JD617

People hate Rondo? NTers will hate on ANYONE.
laugh.gif

He finished with 16-13-17 btw.
people don;'t watch too many celtics games lately but the reason why they've won 10 in a row is because of rondo.....this is the besthe's played in his career so far.....

10 ppg 4 rpg and almost 8 apg w/only 2 tpg on 50% shooting?
I'll take it.
Just needs to improve his ft% and he'd be at anywhere between 13-15 ppg.
That 60% ft is NOT cutting it.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

10 ppg 4 rpg and almost 8 apg w/only 2 tpg on 50% shooting?
I'll take it.
Just needs to improve his ft% and he'd be at anywhere between 13-15 ppg.
That 60% ft is NOT cutting it.

Plus his demeanor is always constant. He never gets too high or too low. Nothing can rattle this kid. It's just what you want from a point guard.

Every time I tune into a Celtics game, he seems to find a way to get fouled and slammed to the floor.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

What there to hate about Rondo?
i don't HATE Rondo...but it was mad annoying watching him in the playoffs last year. at times he would start shooting jumpers or trying to score himself at critical points in the game. you have 3 stars on your team, why would anyone want you to be shooting the ball with your aberration of a jumpshot??
smh.gif
Maybe because Kobe gave him room and wanted him to shoot? A lot of the times, PGA was guarded well and Rondo had to shoot. One of the reasons whythe Lakers had some success against the Celtics was because of Rondo shooting so poorly. Lakers had a good gameplan in guarding Rondo. The Celtics just had abetter defensive gameplan.

tell homie to make a jumper!
laugh.gif

nah but i knew he was a baller since his kentucky days...dude couldn't hit a jumper for his life but he was good at handling the offense and was evenbetter on the defensive end

problem with his shooting is he has too much hand and arm movement....what makes him good in ball handling i think translates to bad habits in shooting... evenwhen he's FT shooting, his arms are all over the place.....he needs to readjust and try to find balance.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

What there to hate about Rondo?
i don't HATE Rondo...but it was mad annoying watching him in the playoffs last year. at times he would start shooting jumpers or trying to score himself at critical points in the game. you have 3 stars on your team, why would anyone want you to be shooting the ball with your aberration of a jumpshot??
smh.gif
Maybe because Kobe gave him room and wanted him to shoot? A lot of the times, PGA was guarded well and Rondo had to shoot. One of the reasons why the Lakers had some success against the Celtics was because of Rondo shooting so poorly. Lakers had a good gameplan in guarding Rondo. The Celtics just had a better defensive gameplan.

Exactly.
Rondo's obviously better suited driving to the hole. His lay-ups and floaters are almost money. But the Lakers had the paint clogged and forced him toshoot long. He has the speed and handle to create space for his own shot. So it's just a matter of him developing and practicing a littledrive-and-step-back jumper.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

problem with his shooting is he has too much hand and arm movement....what makes him good in ball handling i think translates to bad habits in shooting... even when he's FT shooting, his arms are all over the place.....he needs to readjust and try to find balance.

Plus his hands are absolutely huge. He has the hands of a PF/C. I think it hurts his shooting touch.

Back
Top Bottom