Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

I was thinking about painting my white. If you don't mind me asking, did you peel off the paint first or just went right over it? I wonder if some alcohol can remove some of that luxurious high end luxurious 24k gold paint. I know RF went out his way to raise them gold cattle.
hahahahah

i should have worded it better, but my larger point is that runners don't have to be super high quality to be dope.

some of my fav runners are mediocre materials, but look amazing...

i don't even buy runners for performance (with the exception of gym / running shoes), but mostly for fashion, so i feel you, and i'm not knocking when high quality is applied to them, i love high quality stuff, but high quality is not the be all end all of a shoe (and it hasn't ever really been a factor in runners until recently, they've always used stuff like nylon for the comfort and performance value, the focus hasn't been to ooh and ahh "sneaker heads")...

the alvins getting hated on is a great example. yeah, the materials aren't the best available, but they're also nowhere near the worst, and the colorway is awesome, and the shape is better than any GL3 RF has put out (with the exception of the eclipses)...
I see what you mean now. That is def true. But I dunno I guess it varies. Daytonas are a perfect example of a balance of both beauty and quality that didnt end up selling for much. Easily my favorite RF collab by far and the leather is so soft if puts weezy and birdman to shame. 

I'm all for debate and people voicing their thoughts but I really think we are kicking a dead horse with this argument.  This forum has had countless debates on Ronnie's quality, shoe, etc because he makes it a point to tweet and blog how "premium" the materials are.  Just my 2 cents.  

I'm all for debate and people voicing their thoughts but I really think we are kicking a dead horse with this argument.  This forum has had countless debates on Ronnie's quality, shoe, etc because he makes it a point to tweet and blog how "premium" the materials are.  Just my 2 cents.  
aint nothing wrong with a healthy sneaker discussion. thats what forums are for

well only a newjack who get into runners because of RF would be concerned with pigskin suede. Why you might ask? Oh i dunno, maybe because runners are universally always and forever in a world of synthetic light weight materials. Therefore almost all grails consist of materials that are not "premium". Do i like premium materials? sure as long as it doesn't ruin the shape. But materials have never played a huge roll in runners. not until RF started brainwashing kids. For no other reason than REAL quality suede and leathers are typically too thick to even consider using on a running shoe. RF def uses softer materials. Are you a textile expert? What experience are you bringing to the table when you determine that suede is a better material? because it feels softer underneath your dirty little fat fingers? Is that suede better suited to withstand every day wear in a sneaker? to stretching when walking? you have absolutely no idea. My point here is that suede/leathers do not always translate to a superior material ESPECIALLY when running shoes are the catalyst. I am not suggesting all these are for specifically running, i am suggesting you are clueless to the og running world. A world of nylons and mesh. 
Im admittingly an asics fan ever since the leatherbacks dropped, so fairly late. Other than that, you missed my whole point in the differences between sportswear and performance. Im not a textile expert, but I can def tell you a casual wear sneaker with thick tumbled leather holds up better than thin pleather most runners employ FOR CASUAL WEAR PURPOSES. Pigskin suede is noticably softer and nicer looking than regular suede used on other cheaper made sneakers as well. RFs whole goal is to combine classic silouhettes with premium materials just like all those high fashion brands do. Nike does this with multiple models all the time. Take Air Forces for example, a shoe built for basketball, and then they drop an all italian leather model for 2k. Obviously not for ball purposes at that point. If im running track or training for the next 5k, id invest in some flyknits or freeruns, not an RF collab. In the fashion industry materials and quality usually takes precedence over tech.

PS: Im skinny. no fat fingers here

I've never seen such a split crowd over a drop. This is really interesting. After reading and catching up I see both sides but at the end of the day they're just kicks--so I'm hoping no feelings got hurt or what not.

I've never seen such a split crowd over a drop. This is really interesting. After reading and catching up I see both sides but at the end of the day they're just kicks--so I'm hoping no feelings got hurt or what not.

Right. At the end of the day, they're just black and white Puma XT2. People want to be unique; different from the crowd. They want to be exclusive. Black and white sneakers, regardless of premium material or not, will always be just black and white sneakers.

It's an easy pass for me. Buy them if you truly like them. But don't buy them if you think they're going to hold their value or the value will go up in them in the future because most likely they won't.

Right. At the end of the day, they're just black and white Puma XT2. People want to be unique; different from the crowd. They want to be exclusive. Black and white sneakers, regardless of premium material or not, will always be just black and white sneakers.

It's an easy pass for me. Buy them if you truly like them. But don't buy them if you think they're going to hold their value or the value will go up in them in the future because most likely they won't.
regardless of whether people buy them for this reason, that's exactly what happens.  don't you see what pairs of USED ECPs, flamingos, volcanoes are going for right now?  let alone new pairs....

regardless of whether people buy them for this reason, that's exactly what happens.  don't you see what pairs of USED ECPs, flamingos, volcanoes are going for right now?  let alone new pairs....

Right. ECP's, Volcano's, and Flamingo's colorway and model is unique though so I can see how they might be high in demand/value. I just don't see it with these plain black and white Puma XT2's. I guess only time will tell.

Right. ECP's, Volcano's, and Flamingo's colorway and model is unique though so I can see how they might be high in demand/value. I just don't see it with these plain black and white Puma XT2's. I guess only time will tell.

But... They are the most premium upper on a puma ever and limited to a couple hundred each colourway.

Anyways, I liked them since we first got teaser pics and prefer monochromatic colorways on nice silouettes.

Not everybody wants to walk around with loud fruity colored shoes everyday.

And just cause a colorway is simple, doesn't mean it's not unique.

But... They are the most premium upper on a puma ever and limited to a couple hundred each colourway.

Anyways, I liked them since we first got teaser pics and prefer monochromatic colorways on nice silouettes.

Not everybody wants to walk around with loud fruity colored shoes everyday.

And just cause a colorway is simple, doesn't mean it's not unique.

Right. If you like them, buy them! : )

The last pic of the Rinse Wash Bleeckers really has me contemplating heading to the store to try on & buy a pair

I tried searching tags on Instagram to find more fit pics & really couldn't find any.

Is it possible for anyone in here who own any of the denim looking bleackers post fit pics & speak on terms of quality?

It's either these or add an extra 50 & get a decent pair of denim for the fall/winter.

I own a pair and was super disappointed on the quality and how they're made in china. The price point definitely could have been lowered. Without a doubt cough up some extra cash for some raw denim joints you'll put them to work a lot more often. Making use of your hard earned cash.

MEH I SOLD MY USED ECP MIAMI FOR LOWER

PPL ON HERE ARE OD SENSITIVE

ALSO ACTING LIKE UR BETTER CUZ DUDES WEAR JORDANS

Back
Top Bottom