ROOTS Getting a Remake

Dude made a mistake cause of cultural differences. Not like it was malicious in any way.

racism has been prevalent in many countries for hundreds of years

let me guess you are samoan so you stick up for him? his dad was british. that term to describe african americans have been around for hundreds of years

i take it you dont blame justin beiber for saying the n word because of "cutural differences" ?

Last edited:
So this is good? I gave Underground a shot because of you guys, so I'll give this a shot also.

its good for a made for tv movie. pretty gory for a tv movie. some scenes made me cringe

acting is surprisingly good

but like i said the only bad thing is the temptations tragic moments slow motion scenes :lol:

ive never seen the original though.

Last edited:
I was gonna laugh but those sick ***** really got some nerve. Expressing anger cuz the white ppl are all portrayed as evil.

Bet dude was hype when Kinda got sold to dude's brother thinking he's be kinder until he started smacking Kunta, raping that one girl, and then relegating Kinda to complete despair when he got rid of his daughter.

Anyway, I like the theme so far of showing fathers being ripped away from their families or just families being torn apart in this fashion. It needs to be hammered down how this **** happened.

George :smh: Mingo :smh: I know not to expect happy turn of events but damn.

It was cool and bad showing what Nat Turner's rebellion impacted and a whole bunch of other slaves.

This roots series is :pimp: :pimp:. Few corny scenes here and there...but some incredible acting.

The actress that played adult Kizzy deserves every accolade possible.

F-word Tom man.....dude makes me sick :smh:.

One of the reviews on IMDB

[h2]Such a Distortion of History and Inaccurate[/h2]

50.gif

Author: mazinman-1 from United States

31 May 2016
The stereotypes in this "Roots" remake are sickly abundant and prolific. At least the first "Roots" production had the excuse of not knowing any better because Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet. In this version all White people are not just bad but sinister, all Christians are evil and kooky, and all Southerners are rednecks. Seriously, does no one in Hollywood have the guts to make a realistic and accurate slave story? A slave story where the kind Christian master takes care of his slaves because it was prudent to do so?

Who's Klansman is this????

Good enough ending.

****** up but 20 years in England training chickens to fight ain't as bad as what happened to Kizzy and Kunta.

T.I. lucky to get this role. Still sounding like himself with his limited acting ability.

I would've really liked to see how Kunta died or just his end with Belle. Did they have another kid? Did they die slaves? Die escaping? Manage to get to that underground railroad? Stuff like that.

It was a good story of family in the end though.

I thought 12 Years A Slave was a great movie, but thats where it shoulda ended. We dont need anymore slave flicks.

I thought 12 Years A Slave was a great movie, but thats where it shoulda ended. We dont need anymore slave flicks.
giphy.gif

Every time I hear this opinion and sentiment it just sounds dumber and more ignorant.

Anyway, the Nat Turner and Newton Knight movies finna to be LIT!

Last edited:
My mom was watching this earlier when I asked her what she was watching.

Might watch it now after seeing this thread

giphy.gif

Every time I hear this opinion and sentiment it just sounds dumber and more ignorant.

We need all aspects of the black experience and for those who say we only show slave movies ain't paying attention.

Creed, think like a man, top five, fruitcake stations, mister and Pete, straight outta Compton, beyond the lights, dear white people, dope. Black filmmakers are making black films that fit the entire spectrum. Selma I forgot to mention. And love him or hate him, Tyler perry is writing, directing, producing and casting black plays films and shows.

But WE NEED the slave experience to be shown. I've had countless white people dismiss slavery as just the past and what's the big deal. America needs to be reminded of what it's done to they citizens

Snoop Dogs more interested in playing a pimp in movies and ripping off a culture for commercial benefit.

giphy.gif

These cats are looking for entertainment value and not the education behind these movies. They are "bored". :smh: :rolleyes

Last edited:
My tune on this changed after seeing X-Men and President Obama visiting Japan

When does slavery get discussed any other time? Especially considering, so many people want us to forget about it. I have no problem with it if it's portrayed accurately and humanizes us.

How about Snoop produce some positive songs and then speak.

Snoop mad at slave movies but made his fortune talking about ******* and gang banging 

where's his positive, uplifting black music? 

Back
Top Bottom