Rough Times Y'all Have Been Through?

drug addict. homeless. sleeping in the park and stealing most of my food for a year. my clothes stashed in a garbage bag. random little kid brought me a burrito on his way to school one day :smh:

stopped doing drugs/drinking. today i'm paying a mortgage on my condo, pay over 20k/ year for my son's day care, traveling with my gf and kid to japan for vacation next week....life has done a complete 180 for me. things are pretty damn good.
where were all ur af1's during this period????

Life was a struggle period until my dad went back and finished his bachelors. Completely changed our lifestyle.

It's straight now.. Been a LOT of rough patches since and I had the don the cape a lot of those times so we all ate but everything seems to have finally stabilized permanently.

Stronger because of it and my main reasoning for graduating myself and immediately going back for masters. All those retail jobs I worked to help out.. Nah b, no more. Never working another one for as long as I live.

Last edited:
Proud of you Gomez. You have always seemed like a good dude and sorry for all your losses.

I owe 90k on a student loan for grad school that I'm gonna leave before getting my degree.

Idk how i'm gonna pay this **** back when I invested so much of myself into it and I'm not even gonna fall through with getting the full degree.

Could be worse right.

Props to the poster who beat cancer.

where were all ur af1's during this period????
lol this was before i started collecting shoes. guess i kinda replaced the drugs with shoes at one point.
glad u overcame ur drug addiction
it runs in my family
thankfully i have never succumbed to drugs
i tried weed when i was like 14 or 15 but was never my thing
i know how bad drugs can be
congrats fam seriously

these stories man
eek.gif

P4L (possibly, my **** is minuscule compared to most of y'all's so it's probably not eem post-worthy)

Respect to all the overcomers in here tho..:pimp:

Last edited:
Been thru cancer three times. Been cancer free for 3 years now tho
pimp.gif
Man I can't even imagine that and I'm a pretty bad medical case myself. Much respect to you for staying strong.

You beat it not once but 3 times 
pimp.gif

On-topic I was one of the most complex cases in Belgium, if not around the world, according to the lung surgeon who removed half of my right lung.

The defect is called pulmonary sequestration, I had the intralobary form of it.

I owe 90k on a student loan for grad school that I'm gonna leave before getting my degree.

Idk how i'm gonna pay this **** back when I invested so much of myself into it and I'm not even gonna fall through with getting the full degree.

Could be worse right.

Bruh I got 96k and that's just for my bachelors

Could be worse right.

Bruh I got 96k and that's just for my bachelors

Did you go to an Ivy League? :x My gawd

Geez, here I am stressin about paying off credit card debt that I foolishly racked up in college and repairing my credit score. Child's play compared to what some of you guys went through.

I'll finally be 100% debt free by July though. :smile:

Woke up this morning and realized I been through a lot financially in the past. And what I went through just served as an eye opener to get my stuff together

For example. There's been times when BOTH my bank accounts would be at $1.00 and $0.36 respectively, and rent was due the next day. I had to pawn off one of my favorite gold chains.

There's been instances where, on a Thursday, (and I get paid on a Friday), id need gas for my car and I have no more than $1 in my account. In this case I would go to a gas station and use my debit card as a credit. Why? Because they only charge your card $1 to authorize it and then within 4 days the full amount of the gas purchase would post to your account

Other instances where emergencies would come up and id have to go to an ATM and overdraft $100 from my account when I only had like $20. Yea id get paid the next day, but if still get hit with that good ol $30 charge

That was years ago, and I'm doing pretty well off now. Glad that happened to me in the past though. Gave me a real good kick in the balls to let me know "ayo this life **** is real my *****...get your finances together."
So a ***** started saving better and stopped spending on dumb ****

Just wanted to share and let people talk about what problems they've been through

Bro I'm black. Ain't no such things as rough times when it comes to money.

In college I use to buy books on my school account and then go to main big book store and sell them to make some money for ends to meet. End racking up $3500 in books that I owed. I. Use to order them online from my school and ship them to my house.. $180 per book or what ever and getting paid like $50 per book[emoji]128560[/emoji]

And which gas stations charge $1 never heard of that or do you use it at the pump..

jan 2012......i turned 25. was in grad school. biomedical sciences

may 2012.......my cousin who lived across the street was murdered outside . broad daylight.........i quit school.

july 9th 2012......i call my mother and we talk about cleaning the bathroom. she gives me tips.

july 10th 2012......my mother found dead on the floor. had 2 strokes.

july-august......fighting with courts,social security, social services, congress, state of  va to help provide long term healthcare for my disabled brother

sept 2012......another cousin dies of longterm illness

october 2012......... cousin i grew up with/wen to school with was shot by accident outside a store. dies. left behind 2 small children.

taking care of my brother when my mom died was the first time i felt like i was faced with something that i could not manage, and it was of tremendous importance. but eventually everyhing turned out ok.

I don't even know what to say here. :smh:

Wow.

A year like that would have broken many a men down. Respect to you for pulling through that year, and still stepping up to look after your bro.

Back
Top Bottom