Rumor : 50 Cent to squash beef with old enemies on Summer Jam?

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by Sosincere09

He just dropped 14 really dope album quality freestyles. As soon as he drops a dope single everyone will jump back on the bandwagon. Hip hop fans are d*** riders. "first they love you, then they hate you, then they love you again"- story of 50 Cents career.

Except the "love you again" part hasn't come yet, and it might never come...  50 Cent has been on a strong downward spiral since Curtis came out and he's shown no signs of coming out of it.
Yeah, he's rich...  But still very irrelevant.  His most visible move in the past two years has been releasing self-financed movies that are laughed at as jokes all over the internet.
How is he irrelevant, though? Every one keeps comparing him to himself. With the exception of Eminem Kanye West Lil Wayne and Jay-Z who is still selling now like they were in 2005? Before I Self Destruct still went gold without a Hit and It leaked a full month early. He's not irrelevant, his hype just died down. Now he is just a regular artist. His worst album still outsold alot of "Relevant" artist good selling albums. How many hiphop artist can get on Conan or Ellen without even having a single out?

He just dropped 14 really dope album quality freestyles. As soon as he drops a dope single everyone will jump back on the bandwagon. Hip hop fans are d*** riders. "first they love you, then they hate you, then they love you again"- story of 50 Cents career.

Except the "love you again" part hasn't come yet, and it might never come...  50 Cent has been on a strong downward spiral since Curtis came out and he's shown no signs of coming out of it.
Yeah, he's rich...  But still very irrelevant.  His most visible move in the past two years has been releasing self-financed movies that are laughed at as jokes all over the internet.
How is he irrelevant, though? Every one keeps comparing him to himself. With the exception of Eminem Kanye West Lil Wayne and Jay-Z who is still selling now like they were in 2005? Before I Self Destruct still went gold without a Hit and It leaked a full month early. He's not irrelevant, his hype just died down. Now he is just a regular artist. His worst album still outsold alot of "Relevant" artist good selling albums. How many hiphop artist can get on Conan or Ellen without even having a single out?

Reminds me of ninjahood seeing Beamer, Benz or Bentley on the charts featuring Juelz and him talkin bout how the Dips were back because he was on the track

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

How is 50 irrelevant? He was just featured on a song that peaked at number 4 and now he's irrelevant...Just like that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NT A+Rs 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Being irrelevant 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^^This.... son everybody is irrelevant according to these dudes on NT expect for ROSS
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 .....dudes can call 50 irrelevant all you want he still got more money than you favorite rapper..

Originally Posted by Futuristic

How is 50 irrelevant? He was just featured on a song that peaked at number 4 and now he's irrelevant...Just like that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NT A+Rs 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Being irrelevant 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^^This.... son everybody is irrelevant according to these dudes on NT expect for ROSS
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 .....dudes can call 50 irrelevant all you want he still got more money than you favorite rapper..

BISD been out since 09 and it's just a gold record? Lupe's album (which people didn't even like around here) is sitting around 400 K since March
laugh.gif

BISD been out since 09 and it's just a gold record? Lupe's album (which people didn't even like around here) is sitting around 400 K since March
laugh.gif

BISD went gold no more than 6 months after it came out. No huge radio play on either "Do you think about me"  or "Baby by Me". You can't turn on the radio without hearing a Lupe song right now and he is just barely going to make it to gold. If 50 Cent has a song as big as "Show goes on" he's going to move more units than Lupe, Ross, Fabolous and any other "relevant" artist. Like i said before...all he needs is 1 hit.

BISD went gold no more than 6 months after it came out. No huge radio play on either "Do you think about me"  or "Baby by Me". You can't turn on the radio without hearing a Lupe song right now and he is just barely going to make it to gold. If 50 Cent has a song as big as "Show goes on" he's going to move more units than Lupe, Ross, Fabolous and any other "relevant" artist. Like i said before...all he needs is 1 hit.

"If" nothing. The man is in what, hip-hop's top five richest artists with a run of commercial success (which Lupe didn't see prior to LASERS) and he promotes his album to mere gold status? Son ain't been on the radio either outside the Jeremih joint.

Heck, TIP got gold status with all the legal issues holding him back.Like I said before. Are we talkin bout the same dude here?

"If" nothing. The man is in what, hip-hop's top five richest artists with a run of commercial success (which Lupe didn't see prior to LASERS) and he promotes his album to mere gold status? Son ain't been on the radio either outside the Jeremih joint.

Heck, TIP got gold status with all the legal issues holding him back.Like I said before. Are we talkin bout the same dude here?

Okay...  But he hasn't had a hit since Game's album.  Not one.. .  Isn't that a little scary for an artist of his supposed stature?
You're right, people are comparing him to himself...  Or his supposed peers like Eminem, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Kanye, etc.  50 went diamond on his first album.  He was never expected to become another Cam'ron or Rick Ross—a second tier rapper.  To people who followed hip-hop and were excited for the next big thing after GRODT came out, 50's career is a huge disappointment.  Kanye and 50 came out at the same time and had similar levels of success.  Look at where the two are now.  That's all that really needs to be said.  

The fact that 50 and Rick Ross are comparables now says enough in and of itself.

Okay...  But he hasn't had a hit since Game's album.  Not one.. .  Isn't that a little scary for an artist of his supposed stature?
You're right, people are comparing him to himself...  Or his supposed peers like Eminem, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Kanye, etc.  50 went diamond on his first album.  He was never expected to become another Cam'ron or Rick Ross—a second tier rapper.  To people who followed hip-hop and were excited for the next big thing after GRODT came out, 50's career is a huge disappointment.  Kanye and 50 came out at the same time and had similar levels of success.  Look at where the two are now.  That's all that really needs to be said.  

The fact that 50 and Rick Ross are comparables now says enough in and of itself.

I get money and Ayo technology weren't hits? I'm not arguing that he isn't what he used to be. I am simply saying, if he is doing the SAME EXACT numbers as a "Relevant" artist, how is he irrelevant? Fallen Off from selling Diamond? Yes. Irrelevant? No way in Hell. You are putting him on higher standards than other artist. No artist can consistently go diamond every time they put out a record. almost Every artist that has had a good run has a dud album, 50 Cent's was Before I Self Destruct. Quality Music solves that problem. From the sound of the 14 freestyles, he is hungry again and he is making good music. You don't know that he wont come with a hit any more than i know that he will. We shall see.

I get money and Ayo technology weren't hits? I'm not arguing that he isn't what he used to be. I am simply saying, if he is doing the SAME EXACT numbers as a "Relevant" artist, how is he irrelevant? Fallen Off from selling Diamond? Yes. Irrelevant? No way in Hell. You are putting him on higher standards than other artist. No artist can consistently go diamond every time they put out a record. almost Every artist that has had a good run has a dud album, 50 Cent's was Before I Self Destruct. Quality Music solves that problem. From the sound of the 14 freestyles, he is hungry again and he is making good music. You don't know that he wont come with a hit any more than i know that he will. We shall see.

He was actually still (somewhat) relevant then. Turn on your radio now. Count the number of times you hear 50 on it outside of "Down on Me".

Okay then. That's how it's been since Curtis.

He was actually still (somewhat) relevant then. Turn on your radio now. Count the number of times you hear 50 on it outside of "Down on Me".

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

somewhat "relevant"? Curtis sold 623,000 copies first week. Jay-Z's Kingdom Come which is Hovs highest selling first week sold 680,000...+%%$@! 50 Cent doesnt have a song besides Down on Me on the radio because he isn't promoting his 5th Album yet. He hasn't put out a CD in 2 years, Thats why he's not on the radio. When he actually releases the single and has the interscope machine behind him, he will be on the radio. I'm done going back and forth with someone who is obviously just a hater. have a good day, sir.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

somewhat "relevant"? Curtis sold 623,000 copies first week. Jay-Z's Kingdom Come which is Hovs highest selling first week sold 680,000...+%%$@! 50 Cent doesnt have a song besides Down on Me on the radio because he isn't promoting his 5th Album yet. He hasn't put out a CD in 2 years, Thats why he's not on the radio. When he actually releases the single and has the interscope machine behind him, he will be on the radio. I'm done going back and forth with someone who is obviously just a hater. have a good day, sir.

So 50 ain't put out a CD since Curtis? Actually, with the way you heard him on the radio since I Get Money/Ayo Technology (which is, hardly at all) you would think he retired
laugh.gif
You act like he went away from music and then brought it back like Em...except he put out an album in 09.

One of the richest rappers in the game, well-known rappers in the game...gold on BISD. One hit since Curtis where HE was the main artist (Baby by Me). That's relevancy to you?

Back
Top Bottom