RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Yesterday's run during lunch.

Gonna try this out with my run this evening. Spotify can now provide music that fits your tempo. Pretty dope concept IMO.

No sun at all today and it was a cool 60 outside today. Saw barely anyone running on the trail :lol:. Prime running weather imo

I am running the chicago marathon this year (first race of any kind), and have only been using the nike+ coaching feature to train for it (23weeks). It's been real good to me. It just has me running mon-wed and then friday/sat, 2days off. My co-worker is a runner and gave me a book to read by Hal higdon, Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide, it just talked a lot about how your first marathon should only be about the finish, not the time. It had this training program, made by someone who's ran over 100 marathons:

18 weeks is coming this Monday and I have been debating real hard on which program to follow. I know with the book's, it will be way easier since there's 3 days off, and it starts off easy. The nike+ coaching will def having me more trained, but I don't want my body to get injured or anything..2weeks ago I was set on ditching nike's. but now I feel as if my body is ready to handle the training it will throw at me. Really don't know what to do

This week the nike app has me running 25miles (which i can do), and the book's won't have me doing that for another 9 weeks :lol:. Also 100miles in june vs 71mi, and in july 126mi vs 91 . Huge difference imo

I know I should play it safe...But where's the fun in that? :tongue:
Don't know what to do :smh:

Last edited:
I run 25 miles in a month I can't imagine doing 25 in a week. me personally would do the program that I wouldn't want to do.

I run 25 miles in a month I can't imagine doing 25 in a week. me personally would do the program that I wouldn't want to do.
above all its very time consuming. now that ive got to hit the books, work, kid, ect, i cant do it like i used to.

This week's #NTrunningChallenge... via IG

"#Runners often have an accessory/accessories on their wrist or arm. Whether it's to check their pace, how far they've run, a lucky charm, or something simply for safety, we want to see! This week's #NTrunningChallenge is to show us your #WristGame [emoji]128074[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji] along with your run! Show us with #NTrunning [emoji]128247[/emoji][emoji]128095[/emoji]! This challenge ends next Saturday (6/13/15) [emoji]127937[/emoji]. #HappyRunning, #NikeTalk! [emoji]127939[/emoji]"

Last edited:

Worked on my core pretty heavy today and hated every bit of this run. I stayed at a consistent pace throughout and turned in one of my best times in awhile. Pleasant surprise.

Dope! That's where I want my pace to be!

If you guys have any suggestions for future #NTrunningChallenges, feel free to pitch them out!

Geesh.... Maybe your toe-offs are too hard. Try not to push off of your toes and see if that works. Or changing up your gait cycle a little. Just a few suggestions to throw out there.

Thanks. I realized that I clench my toes when running so my toenails are actually pointing down when I run. For some reason it puts a lot of stress on that second toenail only. I'll just have to keep working at it. It's gonna be a tough habit to break because I've been doing it since I started running regularly back in 2012.

Thanks. I realized that I clench my toes when running so my toenails are actually pointing down when I run. For some reason it puts a lot of stress on that second toenail only. I'll just have to keep working at it. It's gonna be a tough habit to break because I've been doing it since I started running regularly back in 2012.

That's cool as long as you know what's causing them to turn black. Not trying to be funny if your "next to the big toe" is longer that might cause it too. As far as it being tough to change to the way you run, can do it.

For the longest my left leg always kicked up went I walked. I didn't notice it until my wife ask me why I always swing my leg out when I walk. I really thought my left leg was a tad bit shorter than my right. It wasn't until I started running that I notice my left leg painting me every run. So I did my reach on pronation, supinating, good running posture, stretching and strengthening etc...... Every run I would transition my foot differently until I notice my leg wouldn't hurt as much. I even changed the way I walk now and my leg don't swing out. I forgot to mention as an infant, my legs were turned all the way out. My mom had to get me these special braces that turn my feet inward. I guess my left leg didn't turn as much as the right. This very thread help me to realize this...

You'll get there man....

Last edited:
Loved the IKEA track rug so much that I purchased another one for the other house hahhah

My rotation here... (Missing the Tonal Volt LG4s)

Last edited:
No sun at all today and it was a cool 60 outside today. Saw barely anyone running on the trail :lol:. Prime running weather imo

I am running the chicago marathon this year (first race of any kind), and have only been using the nike+ coaching feature to train for it (23weeks). It's been real good to me. It just has me running mon-wed and then friday/sat, 2days off. My co-worker is a runner and gave me a book to read by Hal higdon, Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide, it just talked a lot about how your first marathon should only be about the finish, not the time. It had this training program, made by someone who's ran over 100 marathons:

18 weeks is coming this Monday and I have been debating real hard on which program to follow. I know with the book's, it will be way easier since there's 3 days off, and it starts off easy. The nike+ coaching will def having me more trained, but I don't want my body to get injured or anything..2weeks ago I was set on ditching nike's. but now I feel as if my body is ready to handle the training it will throw at me. Really don't know what to do

This week the nike app has me running 25miles (which i can do), and the book's won't have me doing that for another 9 weeks :lol:. Also 100miles in june vs 71mi, and in july 126mi vs 91 . Huge difference imo

I know I should play it safe...But where's the fun in that? :tongue:
Don't know what to do :smh:

What are using to track your runs? Also a HR monitor?

Doing pretty good the first 2 miles. Then i started getting the knee pain again had to stop and walk back. Overall im getting better.

Unfortunately, that screen for me has double counted some runs, so when it says 1000, it won't be legit.

Back
Top Bottom