RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

The gaterade chews taste amazing, the package is incredibly hard to open while running though :lol:. They didn't upset my stomach like gels though.

#NTRunningChallenge bump! Pretty gloomy day, was nice for a change. Made it to Navy pier, pretty cool :pimp:

Last edited:
Nice man!!!
That was an awesome run.
Definitely open the chews ahead of time and just put them in your pocket, or plastic sandwich sack.

ran another 9 today... had to go slow cuz my running buddy was with me... she broke some PR's too :smokin

i really need to invest in some knee braces for running... my left knee hurts |I

Depending on where the pain is, body weight squats might help.  I've worked them into my routine and they've helped with my IT band pain (side of my left knee).

I've been running with the Brooks Glycerin 12 for the past year and so far they've been great even though the shoe feels 1/2 size too large. Just picked up the Pegasus 32 and look forward to seeing how those feel. 

I didn't get a chance to try on the Free 3.0 or 5.0 yet. Anyone have any experience with those or should I just stick with the Pegasus? My running will be mainly road running, training for 2 marathons at the end of the year. Thanks.

I've been running with the Brooks Glycerin 12 for the past year and so far they've been great even though the shoe feels 1/2 size too large. Just picked up the Pegasus 32 and look forward to seeing how those feel. 

I didn't get a chance to try on the Free 3.0 or 5.0 yet. Anyone have any experience with those or should I just stick with the Pegasus? My running will be mainly road running, training for 2 marathons at the end of the year. Thanks.

The Free's would take a great deal of time to transition into. Most people who start running in them need to rebuild some of their muscles and work on keeping form. Also many people report the cushioning for Free's to not hold up well in longer training sessions and races.

The zoom in the Pegs will take some getting used to. Having both the forefoot and heel zoom is great for some, while not for others. The heel zoom causes a higher heel offset and can promote improper gait in runners using a pose style.

Try the pegs, the should be somewhat similar to the brooks. But if you haven't had any pain from running, why look to change into a different system of running shoe?

i really need to invest in some knee braces for running... my left knee hurts |I

If you're feeling pain in longer runs, but not shorter runs, you probably have a minor defect In your stride.
You can use a knee brace to mask the pain and help get through longer runs. Doing this will not fix the pain, rather prolong the injury.

If the pain is caused by some other outside source (kneeling, twisting, jumping) it might have carried into your running.

Either way, just be careful. Knee injuries are the number one injury to runners and in most cases is solved with rest or tightening form up.

I raced my first half in a pair of Free Run 2s (they're classified as a 5.0) and finished at 1:36. They're not bad, but I don't think I'd consider them again if I'm racing or running for time. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Frees, but I like them more as casual shoes. If you want to go FAST, I'd look elsewhere. I think you should stick with the Pegs, esp for the fulls you've got on your plate.

Last edited:
If you're feeling pain in longer runs, but not shorter runs, you probably have a minor defect In your stride.
You can use a knee brace to mask the pain and help get through longer runs. Doing this will not fix the pain, rather prolong the injury.

If the pain is caused by some other outside source (kneeling, twisting, jumping) it might have carried into your running.

Either way, just be careful. Knee injuries are the number one injury to runners and in most cases is solved with rest or tightening form up.

i was afraid of this... i think i don't run right then...

Thanks for the comments regarding the pegasus. For socks, I've been using the Thirty 48 for the past few months and they feel great. Very comfortable and I've noticed they've reduce the frequency of blisters on long runs. They come in a variety of colors too.

Amazon product ASIN B00NPAHITI

I wear the low tab DriFit running socks - Marshall's/TJ Maxx has them from time to time.

I have some of the cushioned ones I use from time to time as well.

I run in the Nike Elite cushioned no show tab.
Usually can get some of them at outlets.

I tried the anti-blister and they weren't cushioned enough.

Hello everyone I havent been in here in a few. I see a lot of you hitting the pavement, and participating in the #NTrunningChallenge. A lot of PR'S, great splits, and informative insight on proper running techniques. I'm still inactive due to my groin pull but I'm healing quite well. I can't wait to get back out there and hit the trails and pavement.

Hopefully I can start some lite work in the next 2 weeks. I'm only a month in on what's said to be a 12 week healing process. So I wanna take it easy....

I added a couple new runners to my small but yet efficient arsenal. The Saucony ISO Triumph and the Adidas energy boost 2 ESM. I've been wanting to check out how the Boost feels on the pavement as they have great reviews.

Nt runners.. Any pre run supps you guys could recommend to give you a little energy to start out with and help with endurance on longer runs?

Regular preworkouts just cause a burnout because of the amount of caffeine and or sugars

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Heads up! There'll be another update to the NIKE+ Running App for iOS.

If you guys have any feedback with the current version you'd like me to forward to their developers, please feel free to post here. :D

Last edited:
Nt runners.. Any pre run supps you guys could recommend to give you a little energy to start out with and help with endurance on longer runs?

Regular preworkouts just cause a burnout because of the amount of caffeine and or sugars

Thanks for any help

I Don't take any supplements, didn't know or heard of people doing that for running. I usually just eat a powerbar and drink a gaterade with it, almost 80g's of carbs. If I'm just doing a short run, I'll just eat A banana or 1/2 of it.

Last edited:
Preworkout before a cardio exercise is just asking for a heart attack.

Like Kev said, carb like an hour or so before going out. You really don't even need to carb up for anything under 1 hour.
Casual running is more about recovery and getting protein and carbs into your system after or during the run.

Peanut butter, honey, bananas, coconut water. All these are good to go out on a 4-5 mile run. Then rest and within 30-45 min of finishing you should eat something with protein.

Back
Top Bottom