RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I have a peanut butter sandwich and a Propel packet in water before my run, then a protein smoothie when I get back.  I haven't tried in-run eating for a while because everything I've tried has made me nauseous, but I know I need to try other things.

Anyone use an apple watch to track runs?

I'm usually one to never run with my phone but I just bought a flipbelt and think running with my phone will be more tolerable. I have a Fitbit surge right now but besides running it does nothing for me. Was thinking about getting the Apple watch since I can use it during runs and have use for it thoughout the day. Only downside is that I'd have to have my phone with me during the runs.

Also, I bought the surge due to HR tracking and was wondering if the Apple watch does this while running also it is it set more at random intervals?

Thanks!

I was under the impression the Apple Watch didn't have GPS, unless I was misinformed.  I'm not an Apple guy, so I didn't care about syncing with my other devices, and the Garmin watch being much cheaper was my move.

I was under the impression the Apple Watch didn't have GPS, unless I was misinformed.  I'm not an Apple guy, so I didn't care about syncing with my other devices, and the Garmin watch being much cheaper was my move.

It doesn't. That's why I said I'd have to now carry my phone with me. Works through the iPhone GPS.

Garmin would be cheaper but I'd want the forerunner 225 over the vivoactive since I'm interested in the heart rate monitoring capabilities so either way I'd be paying 270-330 for something already. Also I plan to use it more so for my marathon training and I know once I run my marathon I won't be running as much as I did (my first marathon, after I didn't run much at all for the next year) and I'll be getting my exercise from other outlets so the watch just won't be collecting dust.

Last edited:
^Ah, I missed that line the first time I read your post.  Seems odd that they'll charge that much and not include a seemingly simple feature.  There's the first upgrade for Apple Watch 2.

I have friends that speak very highly of the Forerunner as well.

It doesn't. That's why I said I'd have to now carry my phone with me. Works through the iPhone GPS.

Garmin would be cheaper but I'd want the forerunner 225 over the vivoactive since I'm interested in the heart rate monitoring capabilities so either way I'd be paying 270-330 for something already. Also I plan to use it more so for my marathon training and I know once I run my marathon I won't be running as much as I did (my first marathon, after I didn't run much at all for the next year) and I'll be getting my exercise from other outlets so the watch just won't be collecting dust.

I wish the Vivoactive had an HR feature!

Anyone use an apple watch to track runs?

I'm usually one to never run with my phone but I just bought a flipbelt and think running with my phone will be more tolerable. I have a Fitbit surge right now but besides running it does nothing for me. Was thinking about getting the Apple watch since I can use it during runs and have use for it thoughout the day. Only downside is that I'd have to have my phone with me during the runs.

Also, I bought the surge due to HR tracking and was wondering if the Apple watch does this while running also it is it set more at random intervals?

Thanks!

I have an apple watch. It monitors your heart rate in realtime, but only while you're running. I always have my phone on me, I need music.

The flipbelt is awesome. I really hated wearing an armband :lol:

I will NOT consider or look to buy a Apple Watch until they include a GPS built in it.

Which will probably be the 2nd or 3rd gen version.

Last edited:
32 degrees out right now... Impossible to "Be Happy" [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Edit: Feels like 40 w/ the humidity :x Good thing I brought water

Last edited:
Got the zoom Pegasus 32 and had my first run in them today.

Felt superb but then again I haven't gotten a pair of new running shoes since my last marathon (January 2013).

Contemplating some wireless headphones but don't want to break the bank or go over $50.00

Any recommendations? Would like some that do not need to be recharged every day and would last 5 hours+ off one charge. Also, sweat proof is possible and for exercising. Basically, the music quality isn't a big deal to me, but rather it lasts and stays in my ears.

I love my Plantronic Backbeat Fits (s/o to KM for the recommendation!)! You can probably find them on eBay for less...

Last edited:
Contemplating some wireless headphones but don't want to break the bank or go over $50.00

Any recommendations? Would like some that do not need to be recharged every day and would last 5 hours+ off one charge. Also, sweat proof is possible and for exercising. Basically, the music quality isn't a big deal to me, but rather it lasts and stays in my ears.
You get what you pay for tbh...

I remember someone here had an apple watch and was able to get there HR on the nike+ app.

I'm having trouble with it. Online says it's possible, but I have yet to have it show it in Nike running.

I'll start my run in the AW with Nike Running. Then go to AW workout app and start my run and go to the HR screen. I'll run for a bit then switch back to the nike running app. But it still won't show my HR in the Nike Running app.

Ran The Giant Race today. Shaved 15 mintues off my half time from The SF Marathon. Still looking to improve.

Very pleased with their finisher shirt. As good as it looked in pictures they are even better in person. Look forward to wearing it often.

Rock 'n' Roll San Jose is up next!

Back
Top Bottom