RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

What's up guys... I recently started running. IM HOOKED.! I can't explain it... Its like, I get out of working a 10 hour shift and it be very easy to say "I'm too tired today" but I wash up. Gear up. And get to it.. Every run I try to go a little further than my last... And it's just a great feeling of personal satisfaction to see my miles distance keep going up.. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

I'm still very new to this and would greatly appreciate any tips.. Here is my progress so far..

nice keep it up :nthat:

Does anyone here have a garmin VivoActive? Pros and cons ? Does it connect easily to Nike+? Or is there another watch I should pick up instead? 
I have it.  Once you set it up, your info uploads to Garmin Connect which will then import it to Nike+.  Works flawlessly since the last update (before, it would double count runs sometimes).  Highly recommend it.
Another question. Isn't a big deal that it doesn't have a built in hr monitor? Or do you use the attachment, and if you do how is it ?

Nice, didn't know NT had a running community. Dpoe!

Just started running this Summer for the first time in my life; I'm up 4-5 miles a day currently. I think I'm reading to start doing some 5Ks.

My feet hurt like hell while running. I got some new nike pegs recently.

I got over the shin pains but feet be feeling hurt after like a mile smh. I'm not overweight I don't think, a little out of shape that's for sure :lol: but 6' 190.. Been trying to get to my prime 175 weight.

NT running brethren what can I do with to deal with feet pain. Tighter shoes, thicker socks, different style shoes?

Last edited:
Different style shoes will have impact. Are you running on asphalt? Once a week I'll run at my old high school track and I find it easier on my knees and feet to run on the rubberized track. 

Another question. Isn't a big deal that it doesn't have a built in hr monitor? Or do you use the attachment, and if you do how is it ?
 I actually don't monitor my heart rate at all, so I don't know about how that may work.  Sorry.

I got over the shin pains but feet be feeling hurt after like a mile smh. I'm not overweight I don't think, a little out of shape that's for sure :lol: but 6' 190.. Been trying to get to my prime 175 weight.

NT running brethren what can I do with to deal with feet pain. Tighter shoes, thicker socks, different style shoes?

Your shoes may be too soft. I find if I run in an overly soft shoe the bottom of my feet hurt and I get shin splits. I have to have a firmer shoe to run comfortably. You may want to try something firmer than the Pegasus.

Any ideas for September's #NTrunningChallenge? :nerd:

Me personally would like to see what others gear up to run in. A nice pic with a layout of your top/shorts/tights/compression gear, and shoes, armband/watch/headset etc would be great.... Of course this would be coupled with how many miles you ran for a that day. Just an opinion.

I do shoe pics all the time! haha

How's everyone's August going?

Here's mine...

I felt like I had to make up for the months that I didn't hit 100mi to inch toward my 1,000mi goal for 2015.

Finished August with my first 16mile run. Zero sun out during the whole run, barely anyone out as well. Wish it was like this every long run :lol:
Took this on my half way point turnaround. When I start, the skyline is at a distance. Love going right into the city and having it next to me/behind me during these long runs :smokin

Finished August with 121 miles, thought I did 126 :nerd:.

Last edited:
Hey guys...don't know how I missed this thread for so long, was hoping you guys could help me out with opinion's. A few months ago I took up running and am totally hooked now...but due to my work schedule most of my runs have been indoors (trying to change that). 2 weeks ago I was able to run in my first 5k and the morning after the arch of my left foot was killing me for 2 days. I ran in the Free Flyknit 4.0...needless to say I think the barefoot style of shoe doesn't suite me. I was wondering whats the general consensus on the Zoom Structure 18 and the Zoom Elite 8 ? Thanks in advance.

Different style shoes will have impact. Are you running on asphalt? Once a week I'll run at my old high school track and I find it easier on my knees and feet to run on the rubberized track. 

Yeah, running around the neighborhood on asphalt.. I'll have to see if there's a track around my area.

Your shoes may be too soft. I find if I run in an overly soft shoe the bottom of my feet hurt and I get shin splits. I have to have a firmer shoe to run comfortably. You may want to try something firmer than the Pegasus.
Any suggestions on some I should check out :nerd:

Hey guys...don't know how I missed this thread for so long, was hoping you guys could help me out with opinion's. A few months ago I took up running and am totally hooked now...but due to my work schedule most of my runs have been indoors (trying to change that). 2 weeks ago I was able to run in my first 5k and the morning after the arch of my left foot was killing me for 2 days. I ran in the Free Flyknit 4.0...needless to say I think the barefoot style of shoe doesn't suite me. I was wondering whats the general consensus on the Zoom Structure 18 and the Zoom Elite 8 ? Thanks in advance.
If you're having an arch issue, I'd go with the Structure.  It's more of a stability shoe, and built to give a little more arch support.  The Elite (is a great show) is also more supportive than the Free, but there's no harm in "too much" stability.  I run in neutral shoes most of the time, but when I switch to a Lunarglide that has more support, it doesn't negatively affect me.

If you're having an arch issue, I'd go with the Structure.  It's more of a stability shoe, and built to give a little more arch support.  The Elite (is a great show) is also more supportive than the Free, but there's no harm in "too much" stability.  I run in neutral shoes most of the time, but when I switch to a Lunarglide that has more support, it doesn't negatively affect me.

Thank you for the reply...this is where my lack of knowledge on the subject in general will show. I totally enjoy the barefoot feel...and had zero discomfort during the run. I even woke up the next morning and ran another 4 miles at the gym before work, my foot didnt start to hurt until later in the evening the day after the asphalt run. I totally love the comfort of the barefoot style, but guess my foot or my stride doesn't agree with me. If it matters any I totally land on my forefoot / ball of foot during runs. I guess what I am asking or wondering is ... is there a such thing as the barefoot style with a little more sole stability? Or should I just forgo that type and move to something more stable all together. Sorry if these are stupid questions...I'm new to this and the amount for information / difference in shoe types can be over whelming at times.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply...this is where my lack of knowledge on the subject in general will show. I totally enjoy the barefoot feel...and had zero discomfort during the run. I even woke up the next morning and ran another 4 miles at the gym before work, my foot didnt start to hurt until later in the evening the day after the asphalt run. I totally love the comfort of the barefoot style, but guess my foot or my stride doesn't agree with me. If it matters any I totally land on my forefoot / ball of foot during runs. I guess what I am asking or wondering is ... is there a such thing as the barefoot style with a little more sole stability? Or should I just forgo that type and move to something more stable all together. Sorry if these are stupid questions...I'm new to this and the amount for information / difference in shoe types can be over whelming at times.
Not stupid questions at all - runners deal with this all the time.

The Structure has Zoom Air in the heel, but leaves some flexibility in the forefoot (not as much as the Free).  The Elite has the Zoom Air in the forefoot, so that will be stiffer, and probably not the direction you want to go.  Zoom Air is a thinner air bag with tensile fibers that contract and expand and provide more response.

You may want to try the Free again, and when you get back from your run, immediately ice down your arch, or roll your arch over a frozen water bottle.  In  a Free, you use all of your foot muscles, so it's like when you work a new muscle group in a weightlifting exercise, and you'll experience some pain until you get your muscles used to it.  Running in a Free works the same way.

If you get two weeks in and don't feel any improvement, then you may want to try a different show.  Frees aren't for everyone - I can't run more than a mile or two in them and I'm done.

Not stupid questions at all - runners deal with this all the time. You may want to try the Free again, and when you get back from your run, immediately ice down your arch, or roll your arch over a frozen water bottle.  In  a Free, you use all of your foot muscles, so it's like when you work a new muscle group in a weightlifting exercise, and you'll experience some pain until you get your muscles used to it.  Running in a Free works the same way.
If you get two weeks in and don't feel any improvement, then you may want to try a different show.  Frees aren't for everyone - I can't run more than a mile or two in them and I'm done.

Thanks again for the quick response. When talking to some others they also suggested it could have been from overuse in a new area so suddenly (the running on asphalt) compounded with adding to it by running again about 8 hours later. Once my foot healed I went back to using the frees for my gym running and have zero problems with that....I probably need to work on my outdoor running more. Thank you again.

I run in Under Armour Speedform Gemini's now and before that I was big into Asics Kayanos. The gemini's are just right for me and I doubt I'll go back to asics anytime soon, they have just the right amount of firmness and cushioning without being too hard or soft.

If you are strictly a Nike guy I'd try something that lacked zoom air. I've not run in a Nike for a while though...anybody got any ideas on a good firm Nike option :nerd: ? Your best bet is to visit a specialty running store, try on and run in several pairs to see what works best for you.

Last edited:
I do shoe pics all the time! haha

How's everyone's August going?

Here's mine...

I felt like I had to make up for the months that I didn't hit 100mi to inch toward my 1,000mi goal for 2015.

My August. Took a couple of days off to rest, but stayed over 100.

[emoji]128552[/emoji] at your guy's time.! Good stuff. Hope to one day be able to consistently run all miles under 9 minutes.

Anyone here use Photive bt-E50    Bluetooth headphones? They're only $25 and I'm wondering if it's one of those you get what you pay for things

I run in Under Armour Speedform Gemini's now and before that I was big into Asics Kayanos. The gemini's are just right for me and I doubt I'll go back to asics anytime soon, they have just the right amount of firmness and cushioning without being too hard or soft.

If you are strictly a Nike guy I'd try something that lacked zoom air. I've not run in a Nike for a while though...anybody got any ideas on a good firm Nike option :nerd: ? Your best bet is to visit a specialty running store, try on and run in several pairs to see what works best for you.
Nah I'm not strictly Nike :lol:

I'll check out those ua ones and see how they feel.

Appreciate the help fam

Last edited:
via @NTrunning's IG

"This month's #NTrunningChallenge is to show us the route you ran or create some #RunArt! [emoji]9999[/emoji]️ Show us your running routes (or #masterpieces [emoji]127912[/emoji]) with the hashtag #NTrunning! This challenge ends 9/30/15 (Wednesday). #HappyRunning, #NikeTalk! [emoji]127939[/emoji]"

Anyone here use Photive bt-E50

Bluetooth headphones? They're only $25 and I'm wondering if it's one of those you get what you pay for things

If you're willing to pay $50, you can get some Plantronics Backbeat Fits... I LOVE my set!

finished just under 80 miles this month

should be able to hit 100 miles in sept :nthat: wish me luck bros

You got it, bruh! :smokin

[emoji]128552[/emoji] at your guy's time.! Good stuff. Hope to one day be able to consistently run all miles under 9 minutes.

You'll get there too if you keep it up! :smokin

Finished August off with 5 miler.

Back
Top Bottom