RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I have a 5-miler on Thanksgiving.  You get a pie at the end.  I should give it to your hungry people.

nice good luck
smokin.gif

it'll be my first time running in this event. last year i think the turn out was about 30k
eek.gif
Wow!

I've never been in a field over 5K.  I think Disney in January will hit 25K...I'm a little claustrophobic so I'm not sure if I'll freak out a little bit.

Wow!
I've never been in a field over 5K.  I think Disney in January will hit 25K...I'm a little claustrophobic so I'm not sure if I'll freak out a little bit.

The Chicago marathon was so crowded :x. Had I wanted to go crazy fast, i honestly wouldn't have been able. There's way too many people in front of you at all times, you would have to be weaving the whole time. People told me and i didn't expect it to be that bad :lol:

I'm sure with the correct corral placement, it wouldn't be an issue, though.

Last edited:
The Chicago marathon was so crowded
sick.gif
. Had I wanted to go crazy fast, i honestly wouldn't have been able. There's way too many people in front of you at all times, you would have to be weaving the whole time. People told me and i didn't expect it to be that bad
laugh.gif

I'm sure with the correct corral placement, it wouldn't be an issue, though.
 My biggest pet peeve in a race is when the beginning bottlenecks and you're tripping over other runners. I know you gather by overall pace, but if you don't start at that pace, you're in the way.

My biggest pet peeve in a race is when the beginning bottlenecks and you're tripping over other runners. I know you gather by overall pace, but if you don't start at that pace, you're in the way.

YES! However, on a training run / ordinary run, I don't mind juking my way through, esp on the Golden Gate Bridge with all the tourists, cyclists, walkers and fellow runners! :tongue:

I've only down one race but thats already becoming a pet peeve for me :lol:

i started all the way in the back at the SF women half marathon because i wanted to pace myself and I'm a slow starter but once i got going :x all the people that started ahead of me that are taking over 3 hrs to finish was in my way :smh: |I

I've only down one race but thats already becoming a pet peeve for me
laugh.gif

i started all the way in the back at the SF women half marathon because i wanted to pace myself and I'm a slow starter but once i got going
sick.gif
all the people that started ahead of me that are taking over 3 hrs to finish was in my way
mean.gif
tired.gif
That happened at my first one, too.  I had no idea about pacing - I knew what I thought my overall pace was, and I conservatively started at an even slower corral.  I regretted it after about a tenth of a mile.

When I registered for Disney, I put myself in the 8.15 group (since that was the average pace of the last one I had run when I registered), but I've been consistently running under 8, so I hope I can switch when I get down there.

Sorry, I don't.  I probably should, but I actually like running in the dark.  I know the route pretty well, and there aren't a lot of cars at the time I run.  I just rely on being reflective.

yeah I don't run outside in the evening.

don't want to consistently be worried about my surroundings ie bad drivers :x

I don't run on the street. It's at a park around a lake so I only have to worry about other people walking. But there is no lights around so the visibility isn't good.

I run early it's dark and at sundown and my streets/path is lit up about 40% of it.

I've seen people use their cellphone as a light, and older people have wrist lights. Sorry never researched brands or light types

I love that cw on them!

Just received my Hoka Cliftons. They're definitely narrow in the forefoot, but I'm GLAD that I went TTS. Thanks, Tim! I was more concerned about length than width since I have narrow feet. These things feel like a super cushioned LR3, which makes me a HUGE fan already. I probably won't run in them until next year though haha

Last edited:
Sup everyone, haven't been here in a while.

Haven't ran in two months and coming off a cough and cold that's been haunting me for the past two weeks but decided to run the RunDisney 5K anyways. Dressed up as Scarlet Spide but I don't think anyone recognized me. :\

Really sucks to get a rubber medal though :lol: I wanted the metal 10k or half-marathon ones (and the Infinity Gauntlets) so bad. Really gon try and sign up for the Infinity Gauntlet next year. My time was terrible though, go to get back on the grind.

NadjLAp.jpg

XPBMmxr.jpg

5XsBydT.png

Didn't get to sign up for the Star Wars one (sold out so quick) but they had the medal display on the expo and they look awesome.
LL

Last edited:
Disney runs seem like so much fun! Shame I'm across the country.

I really miss running, only 1 run in a month. Forcing myself not to run is hard :lol:, but I want my knee to feel normal again. :frown:

Nice seeing you post again, RFX! Of all the races that I ran, Disney remains my favorite! I remember hobbling around to "enjoy" park admission hours later hahah

~958mi so far in the year... 42mi to go! [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom