RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Just recorded over 1,000mi for the year with this run :smokin

End of 2014

Today

Last edited:
Grats ill!

Solereview is currently testing the Odyssey and it might be posted sooner than later so to those interested keep an eye out.

Thanks, Sir! I'm looking forward to that!

I know 2015 isn't over yet, but I'm thinking of challenging myself to run 2016K (1253mi) in 2016...

Definitely try rolling your legs before and after each run.

Can somebody give me a quick synopsis of the benefits of rolling? The run store has been trying to get to buy a massage roller since they got hot and I just don't see the value or believe some of the claims. Anybody use one and swear by it? :nerd:

^I think alsa could post on that...

Before, I'd never stretch nor warm-up, as I felt I could just do it "on the run", and I'd ALWAYS chew gum. Lately, I've been trying different things and getting a routine down; placed a focus on warming up / stretching for a good ten minutes and kicked the gum habit out. I've noticed that my overall paces have gone down... :smokin

For BF, I'm looking to purchase a Garmin (either the Vivoactive or 235) for have some sort of a discount. :nerd:

Question for Garmin owners...

I'm really into keeping track of how much mileage I put on my sneakers, which is one of the many reasons why I love NIKE+. With Garmins, after you finish your run, can you still add mileage to the sneaker through the app still? Or does Garmin also have some sort of sneaker mileage tracker?

Last edited:
^I think alsa could post on that...

Before, I'd never stretch nor warm-up, as I felt I could just do it "on the run", and I'd ALWAYS chew gum. Lately, I've been trying different things and getting a routine down; placed a focus on warming up / stretching for a good ten minutes and kicked the gum habit out. I've noticed that my overall paces have gone down...
smokin.gif

For BF, I'm looking to purchase a Garmin (either the Vivoactive or 235) for have some sort of a discount.
nerd.gif

Question for Garmin owners...

I'm really into keeping track of how much mileage I put on my sneakers, which is one of the many reasons why I love NIKE+. With Garmins, after you finish your run, can you still add mileage to the sneaker through the app still? Or does Garmin also have some sort of sneaker mileage tracker?
Yes you can track your shoe mileage  on the garmin app

I'll do that with you!

Maybe we should set-up a #NTrunningChallenge on NIKE+? Since your mileage accumulates in all of the custom challenges that you're in, we could have different distance goals; 500mi, 750mi, 1,000mi and 2016K?

NICE! Along with that, could you also add the mileage to the sneakers on the NIKE+ app?

Last edited:

I'll do that with you!
Maybe we should set-up a #NTrunningChallenge on NIKE+? Since your mileage accumulates in all of the custom challenges that you're in, we could have different distance goals; 500mi, 750mi, 1,000mi and 2016K?

NICE! Along with that, could you also add the mileage to the sneakers on the NIKE+ app?
Yes you can once you link your garmin app and nike+ app 

Cool! It seems like it's going to be a smooth transition [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Which Garmin are you currently using btw?

Can somebody give me a quick synopsis of the benefits of rolling? The run store has been trying to get to buy a massage roller since they got hot and I just don't see the value or believe some of the claims. Anybody use one and swear by it? :nerd:

Well I don't have a roller for starters. However I did look into getting one when I was in Sports Authority at one time. I took the much cheaper alternative and got a pool noodle and a water thermal I had laying around. For me the use of rolling before/after runs is to massage/loosen the muscle fibers in my calves and especially my shins. I suffered from shin splints and they use to bother after each long run. After each run I massage my shins with the soft pool noodle and the pain just melts away. I found a cardboard core from my job that helps even better for my calves. It's much much firmer and give me that deep muscle massage I needed after those long runs.

Last edited:

self myofascial release aka foam rolling helps get rid of muscle adhesions before/after a workout. it helps prior to stretching to allow the muscle fibers to relax and allow a proper stretch and also to help the correct muscles perform their job. if not you could compensate on a primary muscle with a secondary because it's tight and can't perform the movement. running especially because it can really knock off your gait and entire kinetic chain effectiveness which could lead to pulls, strains, tears, etc. after a workout helps limit the adhesion build up in muscles. I was a trainer for 6yrs and all my clients used it before/after and I use it for all my workouts.

Hit +100 month miles for the sixth time this year with this run! :smokin

I can't believe that I had a 42mi month :smh:, but I'm glad that I made it up.

Last edited:
wish me luck tomorrow brothers

doing run to the the hungry tomorrow. wanted to do the 10k but might switch to the 5k. legs are fatigue and sore from crossfit :x

shouldn't have gone to any cross fit classes this week :lol:

Good luck, bro!

I'm disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a Thanksgiving NIKE+ Badge... :rolleyes

Woke up to a notification from the Nike Run app, says run today since we'll be pigging out for Thanksgiving.

Assumed there'd be a badge, guess not. Might skip on today's run, hopefully not lol

Ended up buying the FR220 for $150. Is that a good deal? I know it is an older model but I am not sure I will use all of the added features of newer models.

Woke up to a notification from the Nike Run app, says run today since we'll be pigging out for Thanksgiving.

Assumed there'd be a badge, guess not. Might skip on today's run, hopefully not lol

Yeah, I received that too, but there aren't any posts in the #nikeplus IG search feed... :frown:

Ended up buying the FR220 for $150. Is that a good deal? I know it is an older model but I am not sure I will use all of the added features of newer models.

Not bad...

Anyone here use a HR monitor during runs?

Have used the Fitbit Surge and changed to an Apple Watch.

I know it's different for everyone but training for long distances, tracking it can be helpful even if it's not as accurate since you're using a wrist monitor.

Training for my second marathon in January after not have ran for a good 3 years. This time training seems easier. Long runs I try to keep my HR 155-165 and if I try to push it during tempo runs etc 170-180 is a good rate for me. Plus it's just a nice thing to see throughout the day.

That's the reason why I want the FR235! The 225 has it too, but they both aren't touch screens... On the other hand, I also want the Vivoactive or the 630 for their touch screens, but they lack the built-in HRMs. :smh: It's either one or the other... why couldn't they give us a COMPLETE GPS watch!? :rolleyes :lol:

Last edited:
finished my first 10k this morning. my time was 52:07 with a pace of 8:24 per mile pace

was hoping for sub 50 mins :smh: tried to push the pace the last two miles but my legs weren't having it :lol:

35 degrees this morning

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom