RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Yah I wish the hype wasn't so high on the movie because the one here in CA sold out quick, would have loved to be a part of it.

Yah I wish the hype wasn't so high on the movie because the one here in CA sold out quick, would have loved to be a part of it.

Yeah it did and I was short on funds when registration opened. I had to purchase through travel agencies to get into the race but had to purchase a 1-day park ticket as well. I was willing to pay the premium cause I did not want to miss both races.

RunDisneys Star Wars Dark Side medals revealed for DisneyWorld in April. Half Marathon still open for registration. I am really considering going as an excuse to visit DisneyWorld and Universal Studios in Florida.

SO DOPE. :smokin

Had my first (test) run in my Hokas... MY GAWWWWD. These are the TRUTH. I felt like I could keep a STRONG PACE/STRIDE for much longer! I feel these'll take my running to another level!

Seriously though, I wish some of these shoe companies would just hire me to be their lead designer. :lol:

Like that Hoka, despite the Skecher-esque sole, I could make that loof good with a good upper and right colorways. Quick and crappy rendering via MS paint on the sole alone and this would be an easy cop.

s4xKXB1.jpg

With the ridges ont he mdisole compeltely removed or at least painted black so it's less noticeable.
uOAJts5.jpg

If I hadn't already signed up for the Disney Half in January, I would definitely be going to the Star Wars weekend.  Maybe in 2017.

^ ^ ^

I was going to keep them in my rendering but I am using MS paint so I could only remove them but it probably has to be kept becaus eit likely provides some functions but it is what makes the sole look Skecher-ish so painting it the same color as the inner mid-sole will make it 10x better looking.

Those Hoka Oddysseys doesn't look bad, especially in black (I just love black and white color combo).

1007876-BKSV_2.jpg

If I hadn't already signed up for the Disney Half in January, I would definitely be going to the Star Wars weekend.  Maybe in 2017.

The Disneyworld half ? Or are you doing the Dopey or Goofy challenge.

I'm doing both the Rebel Challenge @ Disneyland next month and then the Darkside challenge in April @ Disneyworld.

The half marathon for Star Wars @ Disneyworld in April isn't sold out yet and it's the inaugural race next year.

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

I was going to keep them in my rendering but I am using MS paint so I could only remove them but it probably has to be kept becaus eit likely provides some functions but it is what makes the sole look Skecher-ish so painting it the same color as the inner mid-sole will make it 10x better looking.

Those Hoka Oddysseys doesn't look bad, especially in black (I just love black and white color combo).

1007876-BKSV_2.jpg

I love the gradient on the Topline! But, I prefer running in LOUD colors because I feel like I run faster! Hahah

Odyssey (8.4oz) vs. Clifton 2 (8.3oz) - Both in Size 9

They both look very similar at first glance, and both are in the lightweight neutral category and have the same offset. However, the Odyssey weighs more by 0.1oz., and people seem to favor the Clifton more because of their road feel... I may order the Odyssey just to try them out and compare with the C1s with their 30 day challenge policy.

http://www.hokaoneone.com/guarantee.html

Last edited:
100% AGREE with this guy! I feel that I should stock up on the C1s!

Taking mine out for 18 miles in the morning... sure wish I had grabbed a 2nd pair, since I think the DS population of these out there is getting quite small, and I'm scared to try the C2s!

The Disneyworld half ? Or are you doing the Dopey or Goofy challenge.

I'm doing both the Rebel Challenge @ Disneyland next month and then the Darkside challenge in April @ Disneyworld.

The half marathon for Star Wars @ Disneyworld in April isn't sold out yet and it's the inaugural race next year.
I'm just doing the half.

Since I live in MA, every race down there involves flights and hotels, and I have eyes on other destination races next year.

I tried the Hoka 1s once at a running store. They seemed okay. I opted not to buy them and kept my Brooks Beast and Asics Kayano 21s. I'll look at the prices online. How do they fit? I want to say I heard complaints about the narrowness?

Are they good for flat footers?

And good luck to all of the Disney Distance Ducks.

Last edited:
RunDisneys Star Wars Dark Side medals revealed for DisneyWorld in April. Half Marathon still open for registration. I am really considering going as an excuse to visit DisneyWorld and Universal Studios in Florida.

related, my girlfriend is crossing off a bucket list item next month and is running the Dopey Challenge in Disney. Going down there with her to cheer.

Old sweats and my recovery runners for long miles. 43° and I'm about to get this early morning run in....

I tried the Hoka 1s once at a running store. They seemed okay. I opted not to buy them and kept my Brooks Beast and Asics Kayano 21s. I'll look at the prices online. How do they fit? I want to say I heard complaints about the narrowness?

Are they good for flat footers?

And good luck to all of the Disney Distance Ducks.

Was it the Cliftons? I have pretty narrow feet and normal to high arches, and they fit TTS for me. Most seem to go with +1/2. I don't think they'd be good for flat footers though...

I ran 8mi in my Clifton1 for their inaugural run with a 6'36" mile to finish the run [emoji]128526[/emoji]! The following morning, I ran 10mi... They seem to make running "fun" again for me. I'm already trying to stock up like I did with the LR3s. It's a good thing that there are only 7-8 cws!

Last edited:
Gents, having posted in here in a while. I'm traveling out of the country for a month and want to get some runs in. Any ideas on how to track it? My phone will be on Airplane mode and I'm not really trying to use my gps, I run with the nike app.

Gents, having posted in here in a while. I'm traveling out of the country for a month and want to get some runs in. Any ideas on how to track it? My phone will be on Airplane mode and I'm not really trying to use my gps, I run with the nike app.

Nike sports watch would work.. No longer in production so could find it at the outlets going cheap..

Couldn't you turn data off on your phone and still track? I know when travelling I've cached normal maps while on wifi then turned off data so that could potentially work..

I'm pretty sure you can still track your runs even with the data toggled off.

I received my Vivoactive last Sunday. I'm really tempted to use it, but I think I'll hold off until I see FNL's Garmin update... I really hope they'll have the 235!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about Frost or Fog up in Chico in January. 5k, quarter marathon or 10-miler, interesting distances and in Bidwell park. I've done it once before. If you like running in the cold, it doesn't get much colder in the norcal valley! http://underthesunevents.org/frost-or-fog/

I'll look into that.

driving up from sac is about an hour rate?

:lol: if I stay in chico the night before I might not be able to resist hitting up all those college bars

Back
Top Bottom