RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Signed up for the email reminder for Vegas registration.  Unless I get EXTREMELY lucky with a local waiver raffle for Boston, Vegas will be my first full marathon.  Gives me a long time to prepare/worry/poop myself.

Just signed up for the California International Marathon in Sacramento for 2016.

The 2015 race just happened last Sunday. They have a promotion for the first 500 registrations for next year at $89.

I'll look into that.

driving up from sac is about an hour rate?

:lol: if I stay in chico the night before I might not be able to resist hitting up all those college bars
Hey maybe Fleet Feet will put on a pub run the night before...they do pub runs, but probably not the night before a race!
And actually it takes about an hour from me in Marysville, so I would say closer to 2 hours from Sac

Hey maybe Fleet Feet will put on a pub run the night before...they do pub runs, but probably not the night before a race!
And actually it takes about an hour from me in Marysville, so I would say closer to 2 hours from Sac

one day I want to do the beer mile :lol: chug a beer at the beginning and at every quarter mile

that seem so counter-productive of the run :lol:

sounds fun but not really something I want to do after I train for the run

that seem so counter-productive of the run :lol:

sounds fun but not really something I want to do after I train for the run

:wow: think the record is 4 mins and some odd seconds, I cant even log sub 5 when I'm sober

:lol: I got the chugging part down

I'd be too damn bloated half way through that run, chug every quarter mile? That's about 7 chugging at the halfway mark.

Lots of rain this morning, and I knew going into it that flyknit isn't the best shoe upper to run in rain, but wow, they are like the UNshield pack! Immediately soaking toes, and by the end of 5 miles, they were over twice the weight as when they started. And the new Nike shield jacket I was testing out also couldn't withstand the wet for more than 2 miles. Does Nike make a waterproof running jacket that's not $500?

one day I want to do the beer mile :lol: chug a beer at the beginning and at every quarter mile

There are some interesting races out there :lol:! There was this 1/2 marathon that really intrigued me... I forgot what it's called, but, at each stop or close to it, there would be dessert stations! I have a sweet tooth, and I'd definitely want to run it!

Lots of rain this morning, and I knew going into it that flyknit isn't the best shoe upper to run in rain, but wow, they are like the UNshield pack! Immediately soaking toes, and by the end of 5 miles, they were over twice the weight as when they started. And the new Nike shield jacket I was testing out also couldn't withstand the wet for more than 2 miles. Does Nike make a waterproof running jacket that's not $500?

Yikes! :lol: I did the same last month! It was POURING on the track. I had on the "Max Shield Element" jacket and FKRs on, and I WAS SOAKED. The rain and soaked gear resulted in a

Last edited:
Even the Flash Pack has its limits. I ran in a driving rain for 10 miles, in Flash LunarGlide 6s, but the rain just ran down my leg into the shoe and still got my feel soaked and heavy.

But you're right, Ray...it's fun.

Tweaked my ankle during yesterday's run... :\ I had to alter my right foot gait and excessively pronate to finish my run. I still feel some significant discomfort in my ankle when I land (on) and push off my right forefoot. I hope this is only a minor injury, as I really want to break at least 1,100mi for the year.

Tweaked my ankle during yesterday's run... :\ I had to alter my right foot gait and excessively pronate to finish my run. I still feel some significant discomfort in my ankle when I land (on) and push off my right forefoot. I hope this is only a minor injury, as I really want to break at least 1,100mi for the year.

Did the stack height in the Cliftons play a part? They seem to be pretty stable considering, but if the ankle goes, that can't be a good thing! Speedy recovery to you!

Even the Flash Pack has its limits. I ran in a driving rain for 10 miles, in Flash LunarGlide 6s, but the rain just ran down my leg into the shoe and still got my feel soaked and heavy.

But you're right, Ray...it's fun.

It was quite fun for me this morning! Now my problem is that I decided to wash my soaking wet flyknit lunar1s along with an old pair I don't run in anymore, and I really should have not put them in the dryer, even on the cool setting... the toes on both pairs shrunk quite badly! Anyone else have similar experiences in flyknit, or am I the only idiot?!

Hoping they stretch back out...the toes are super tight!

Did the stack height in the Cliftons play a part? They seem to be pretty stable considering, but if the ankle goes, that can't be a good thing! Speedy recovery to you!

I thought about that... I really hope it's not, as the Cliftons have GROWN so much on me... BUT it is my first time running with such a stacked shoe.

I'm planning to give it a go tomorrow. I hope the pain'll dissipate by then...

Speaking of the Cliftons... I just noticed that the colorway you own has a gradient on the mesh sections! I'm a sucker for gradient cws! Hahah

Last edited:
The flyknits just look like trouble when it rains! I have a 15k run event tomorrow and the weather forecast shows 80% rain. I'm still debating on whether to wear my new somewhat new pegs32 or my beater brooks glycerin12s. 

I've never had any luck with running jackets so I just prepare to be soaked. Houses/apartment's here rarely have dryers so it takes awhile for the shoes to get dry. And when they do, they stink!

It was quite fun for me this morning! Now my problem is that I decided to wash my soaking wet flyknit lunar1s along with an old pair I don't run in anymore, and I really should have not put them in the dryer, even on the cool setting... the toes on both pairs shrunk quite badly! Anyone else have similar experiences in flyknit, or am I the only idiot?!

Hoping they stretch back out...the toes are super tight!
Yeah, there isn't much you can do about the Flyknit.  I remember when the shoe launched, there were people who were steaming the toebox (with their foot in them) to get a more custom fit, but it was determined that you could only do it once, because there was no way to fix it.

As for air drying shoes and having them not smell great after, I usually stuff paper towels into mine with baking soda, and that seems to absorb at least some of the smell. (The baking soda is inside the paper towel, so it doesn't end up all in your shoe.)

To dry out shoes so they don't smell you need a Peet shoe dryer. It's only like $30 and it dries them over night

I machine wash all my running shoes. I believe the most that I've washed in one load was three pairs. Air drying them afterwards is my only option. They look so CLEAN after the whole process! I love that most running shoes (with mesh) are easy to maintain and clean.

As for odors... I've never had that problem, but I saw this in the Flyknit thread...

Can someone recommend odor eliminating spray they use for their flyknits?
i've tried a few but i can't tell which one's are good.

Thank you!

Just try your drier sheets i put those in my work boots at the end of the day and its fresh next shift

Last edited:
Dryer sheets and baking soda, i will try that next time. Thanks!

Today I did my first back to back run event. First 15k event was a killer, it was one those you just had to power through and kept questioning why the F am I doing this. As soon as I finished, I grabbed my bag and hopped in a taxi and on to the next event 2 hours later. It was only a 10k, but this run felt better. I don't think I'll be doing this again anytime soon though. 

Switched back to the Peg30s from the Hokas. I still feel the pain when I push off my forefoot, but the Pegs kept me safe. :smile:

get well bro.

the height of the hokas concerns me. i have a pretty bad left ankle that i messed up playing basketball in the reebok questions low :x

Hey I see all the talk about the flyknits. Was wondering if these were a good price for these. Nike free Flyknit 3.0. $34.99

Ordered this for the Dark Side Run at WDW in April next year. The proceeds were sent to fight pediatric brain cancer so I was more than willing to pay the $25.

ILLustRAYt take it easy on the ankle don't make it worse. I work on my feet so mine took a little over a month to heal. The worst part of my ankle was when I did it a runner on the trail walked over to me just to tell me how my ankle was never going to be the same

Richie: I love the Cliftons for their ultra PLUSHNESS, but maybe they're "too soft"? o_O

Alsa: That's a deal!

chris: That's a dope design! Best of luck in your training!

jhow: Man, that's a scary thought! How does your ankle feel now? Do you think that runner was right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom