RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

How do you guys work on speed.? I'm slow AF... Lol...

If I do push my self to run a 7min mile, I get absolutely winded and can't run much longer....

I can run a 10k but I'm soooooo slow....

How do I work on speed AND distance.?

hills to help build some strength as well as doing intervals/fartlek runs where i’ll go go for a target pace for a certain amount of distance/time before slowing back down for a bit for recovery and a mixture of all that has helped me build pace.

i also think being able to get to run higher volume/mileage while really taking your easy miles easy helps a lot so that your body doesn’t feel so wrecked on those faster workout days

been gettin my *** back in shape, slowly but surely. Probably havent done anything athletic in the past 3 years so this has been a challenge lol been running about 1.5 miles a day, with a break on fridays. Just had 3 questions to pick peoples brains:

1.) what do yall do for recovery? the first couple of runs were brutal lol so I iced up afterwards, body is getting used to the running now though. And I soak in a tub with epsom salt on Friday. But just wondering what other things yall may do.

2.) what shoes yall running in? I grabbed some Nike Renew 2 joints for like 40 bucks, not bad, not the greatest, but I know down the line I want to get something higher grade.

3.) Lastly where the heck yall put yall phones at? Since its cold I run with a vest on and it has a nice zipper pocket to put the phone in but once It gets warmer I know Im gonna need another option. Any help would be appreciated!

been gettin my *** back in shape, slowly but surely. Probably havent done anything athletic in the past 3 years so this has been a challenge lol been running about 1.5 miles a day, with a break on fridays. Just had 3 questions to pick peoples brains:

1.) what do yall do for recovery? the first couple of runs were brutal lol so I iced up afterwards, body is getting used to the running now though. And I soak in a tub with epsom salt on Friday. But just wondering what other things yall may do.

2.) what shoes yall running in? I grabbed some Nike Renew 2 joints for like 40 bucks, not bad, not the greatest, but I know down the line I want to get something higher grade.

3.) Lastly where the heck yall put yall phones at? Since its cold I run with a vest on and it has a nice zipper pocket to put the phone in but once It gets warmer I know Im gonna need another option. Any help would be appreciated!

1) Do 15 minutes of stretching before the run. Run on different surfaces if possible and your streets aren't to busy try to run on the streets ( with traffic coming at you). I've found that asphalt has more give than concrete. Probably why the basketball court is called the blacktop? lol

2) Go to a running store and get fitted for some running shoes dedicated to your running style. When I first started running I was running in whatever running shoes I could find. It wasn't until I went to a store around my way called RoadRunner and they put me on the treadmill and recorded my run. That was when I discovered that I had an overpronation. After that, I got a pair of shoes that helps correct the overpronation and it has worked wonders. Also, the correct shoe may help with some of the pain/recovery.

3) I have an arm band that I got from amazon to hold the phone
Amazon product ASIN B072C3SCW6

I definitely recommend these two things for recovery - I ran 278 times last year and before every single one I hammered my lower body, feet, etc with these for 20-30 minutes before I went outside. Did not have a single injury all year, always felt loose.

fp_foamrolling_960x540.jpg

index.jpg

1) Do 15 minutes of stretching before the run. Run on different surfaces if possible and your streets aren't to busy try to run on the streets ( with traffic coming at you). I've found that asphalt has more give than concrete. Probably why the basketball court is called the blacktop? lol

2) Go to a running store and get fitted for some running shoes dedicated to your running style. When I first started running I was running in whatever running shoes I could find. It wasn't until I went to a store around my way called RoadRunner and they put me on the treadmill and recorded my run. That was when I discovered that I had an overpronation. After that, I got a pair of shoes that helps correct the overpronation and it has worked wonders. Also, the correct shoe may help with some of the pain/recovery.

3) I have an arm band that I got from amazon to hold the phone
Amazon product ASIN B072C3SCW6

Perfect, thanks so much. I definitely made that mistake the last go round when I tried to run some years back. Had some busted LeBron 11's I was running in and Im sure that is was messed my knee up. Im gonna look up a running store near me and get fitted. Thanks again!

I definitely recommend these two things for recovery - I ran 278 times last year and before every single one I hammered my lower body, feet, etc with these for 20-30 minutes before I went outside. Did not have a single injury all year, always felt loose.

index.jpg

Nice! I will be picking these up from Academy this week. Im in my 30's and when my body talks to me I make sure I listen lol and its been screaming for me to take all precautions. Them days when I was 20 and could just get up and start running are over :lol:Thanks for the recommendations!

pathprojects.com - their shorts (and now pants too) are perfect for holding phones. Right below the back waistband, and zippered for security

index.jpg

I need to look into this. I had to overcome a lot of shin and knee pain before slowly ramping up to 5 mile runs. I’m there now but want to keep pushing. I do a few things after my runs maybe something before could help.

I need to look into this. I had to overcome a lot of shin and knee pain before slowly ramping up to 5 mile runs. I’m there now but want to keep pushing. I do a few things after my runs maybe something before could help.
Yes. There are different theories everywhere but Ive always been a big proponent of getting body warm and loose before activity. Far too often I see people almost literally roll out of bed, put their shoes on and go straight to running (or lifting). You are just asking for trouble. The problem is getting loose takes more time and time is valuable. But…I will use that Theragun mini on my legs/calves for a full 20 minutes before I do any running or any other warmup

Yes. There are different theories everywhere but Ive always been a big proponent of getting body warm and loose before activity. Far too often I see people almost literally roll out of bed, put their shoes on and go straight to running (or lifting). You are just asking for trouble. The problem is getting loose takes more time and time is valuable. But…I will use that Theragun mini on my legs/calves for a full 20 minutes before I do any running or any other warmup

lol im guilty of rolling out of bed and going straight on my runs without any stretching anytime i do a morning session.
thing though is i always run the first 3 miles at really easy paces (basically jogging) and use it as my "warm up" and its worked well so far in avoiding injury. take for granted im in my mid 20s so pretty sure i'll take the stretching/proper warm ups more seriously in a few years when my body won't take the beating the same way :lol:

I’ve been warming up with half mile walks after stretching and feel great with my 3-5 mile runs. It was almost immediate how much better it felt.

Anyone transition to Ironmans?

Usually try to keep fitness fun and with new experiences. Always run on and off along with biking (mainly peloton riding) and thinking about a 70.3. Of course swimming efficiently will be the crux but thinking I’m going to sign up for one.

Any good IGs or training programs?

Anyone transition to Ironmans?

Usually try to keep fitness fun and with new experiences. Always run on and off along with biking (mainly peloton riding) and thinking about a 70.3. Of course swimming efficiently will be the crux but thinking I’m going to sign up for one.

Any good IGs or training programs?

keep us updated if you do eventually compete in an ironman. been curious to try out that triathlon stuff but just hate swimming haha always feel so dead after and know ill be too lazy to get in the pool

Do you guys have any recs on phone holders for running or am I going to just deal with the ones that are sold on Amazon?

Do you guys have any recs on phone holders for running or am I going to just deal with the ones that are sold on Amazon?
I picked up some compression shorts from DSG with a phone sleeve/pocket on the hip. Phone doesn’t jiggle around or move at all. I’m not a fan of those arm phone holders. I used to have a belt holder but the phone would move around too much. The vest holders look interesting, anyone have a vest phone holder?https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...rts-20qyfm7cmprssnshrdsg/20qyfm7cmprssnshrdsg

Running hasn't been my forte this year.

Have been travelling more for work so less time to exercise and more time to eat at the buffet breakfast.

Just noticed when uploading a photo to the app, it is reducing the quality of the image. Is this happening for anyone else? Using a Pixel 6 and the quality of photo is perfect in the photo app.

Running hasn't been my forte this year.

Have been travelling more for work so less time to exercise and more time to eat at the buffet breakfast.

Just noticed when uploading a photo to the app, it is reducing the quality of the image. Is this happening for anyone else? Using a Pixel 6 and the quality of photo is perfect in the photo app.
What app are you using?

I used to use NRC thru my Apple Watch but I didn’t register some of my longer runs and that annoyed me. Strava is good I also use the garmin app with my garmin watch.

Technically using my Garmin Fenix 6x, but it pushes the day to Strava and Nike App.

Just like the consistency of posting to socials from the same app, and was using Nike first so I've stuck with it.

Back
Top Bottom