RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Anybody using the Nike Zoom Fly 4? Thoughts?

was running with ZF 3s for about a year and recently broke out my ZF 4s and I have to say I love them. I was loyal to the pegasus/peg turbo lineup but the cushioning and durability of my zoom fly's are unparalleled. some folks may say they're heavy, but density of the react foam midsole is worth the additional weight. feet rarely ever feel sore after running in them. i probably logged in 900+ miles between two pairs of ZF3s and they still have life in them to be included in the rotation. i imagine that carbon fiber plate in the sole adds to the durability. traction on them is lightweight booboo. if you look at the soles, very minimal grip so definitely meant for road running and not trails or surfaces with loose gravel.

feel my pegasuses would tap out more quickly; after about 300-350 miles the soles of my feet would be sore even on shorter runs.

Last edited:
Another year done. Improvement in terms of distance covered and number of runs for the year. Increase from 722km in 2020.

Not sure what next year has installed.

Happy New Year #NTRunning

Screenshot_20211231-173259.png

Terrible year in 2022.

Lots of travelling for work and feel out of love with running..

Screenshot_20221222-082600.png

Strava is more accurate than Map My Run.(Strava wants me to subscribe to see my yearly results)
1671720136333.png

I'm surprised that I ran as many miles in 2022 compared to 2019 when I was training for races throughout the year and was in pretty good shape. I did not run any races in 2022. Looking to get back into running races in 2023
1671720358832.png

Past few months I’ve been upping my cardio at the gym and walking outdoors with my dog a lot and I’ve been having the same lower back pain sometimes. Could it be my glutes or hamstrings? I stretch and do exercises for my back and hams

I also have flat feet and I’m starting to think maybe it’s finally effecting me

Past few months I’ve been upping my cardio at the gym and walking outdoors with my dog a lot and I’ve been having the same lower back pain sometimes. Could it be my glutes or hamstrings? I stretch and do exercises for my back and hams

If it's something muscular and not skeletal get a foam roller. It really with muscle pain and to get knots out.

Have your tried massaging you back after your workouts or when it's sore. I use a massage gun every now & then to get the blood flowing and relieve the muscles and it helps.

How often do you stretch? It's good to get into a daily full body strech routine every morning to start the day. And throughout the day try doing standing back bends whenever you feel any tension in the lower back. That always gives me some relief. Also remember to stretch your hips. This is my go-to hip stretch on my back or sitting down.
ReclinedHipStretch_annotated-600c9e0c49234eb4b5b6f5a7d99446aa.jpg

internal-hip-rotator-stretch-and-exercise-gif.gif

Also, what shoes do you use for your cardio?

Signed up for a 21km next week on a whim. i could usually do a 12km in less than an hour rather easily. I have never gone passed 15k though .

Copped Takumi sen 9’s for this

Have your tried massaging you back after your workouts or when it's sore. I use a massage gun every now & then to get the blood flowing and relieve the muscles and it helps.

How often do you stretch? It's good to get into a daily full body strech routine every morning to start the day. And throughout the day try doing standing back bends whenever you feel any tension in the lower back. That always gives me some relief. Also remember to stretch your hips. This is my go-to hip stretch on my back or sitting down.
ReclinedHipStretch_annotated-600c9e0c49234eb4b5b6f5a7d99446aa.jpg

internal-hip-rotator-stretch-and-exercise-gif.gif

Also, what shoes do you use for your cardio?

That first stretch is a killer for glutes and hamstrings, especially if you pull your knee towards your chest. I do that one all the time especially after squats.

That first stretch is a killer for glutes and hamstrings, especially if you pull your knee towards your chest. I do that one all the time especially after squats.
Fax. I been doing this every morning for a couple years now and I can still feel tension every time. I do a combo of both pulling the knee closer while lifting my chest towards my knee like doing a crunch and holding at the same time. Similar to the second pic but laying down.

been slacking this year mostly due to going a bit too high stack and hurt my ankle earlier this year

but finally hit 6k, thought i was finally at volt then noticed im about 3300 miles short :rofl: so a couple more years to get there

might be closer but there was a year or two when they got rid of the pods that i may have stopped using nrc(?)

welp, onward and forward

IMG_5373.jpeg

Just signed up for the 2024 Chevron Houston Marathon.

Will be my first full since 2016 (damn, that’s a long time ago) but my times were pretty bad. Have a goal in mind of under 4:00.

Recently have ran 2 half marathons with a time of 1:35 and 1:32 - what are some good training regimens? I could also use the help with nutrition.

As of now I laid off of running for bit just 7 mile runs 2x a week for the past year. Sprinkle some really low intensity 10 milers here and there. Keep in mind in Houston it’s 100+ degrees as well.

My main issue with previous training cycles for marathons were I would get burnt out a month away from the marathon. I’d run a 18-20 miler and just stop running cold turkey. Plus back then, I’d just run to run, no real training just run by feel and tbh just go at it without any steady state or slow endurance running. Also I never ran with anything - no gels, food, or water - just drink from water fountains along the way or during a race drink water/eat food that’s handed out.

Wow, good luck training!
I've ran 2 half marathons (my first was the great wall!). Fastest time I think was 2:15 lol, but I was more going for the finishing the distance.

Looking for motivation to get back in shape this summer.

Not sure if you figured out why or not, but for me it was having a weak core and low back. I noticed once I added in strengthing for more core and low back, I was able to run longer without feeling pain.

Wow, I found it. Been wondering if there was a running thread here. Cool.

Getting back into running again myself.
I’ve been getting little injuries here and there since last November, dislocated finger from work, strained calf muscle, and just being lazy. Right now wifey is the one going out and signing up to multiple races.

In 2019, I completed Rock n roll’s 10 half marathon series. Man, I do badly want to get back to running 8+ miles . But at the same time I just want a beer and chill. 😆

Currently I’m up at 4 miles, 10 min miles. (Don’t judge me). I really just cruise on my runs til I’m in a race and then I’ll be running 7-8 min miles. I run 2x week, one light run during the week( <3 miles) and on the weekend it be 3+ miles. That’s cuz I’m a delivery 🚚 driver so I’m on my feet all day.🥵 And that weekend run I’ll be able to rest all day.

Those 1:35, 1:32 are pretty good times imo. I ran 1:50- 2:15 half marathons. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I also incorporated medium to heavy lifting when I was running. Imo squats, calf raises, lunges, core worked for me. And resting a few days before a marathon definitely helps, 3-4 days.

Just signed up for the 2024 Chevron Houston Marathon.

Will be my first full since 2016 (damn, that’s a long time ago) but my times were pretty bad. Have a goal in mind of under 4:00.

Recently have ran 2 half marathons with a time of 1:35 and 1:32 - what are some good training regimens? I could also use the help with nutrition.

As of now I laid off of running for bit just 7 mile runs 2x a week for the past year. Sprinkle some really low intensity 10 milers here and there. Keep in mind in Houston it’s 100+ degrees as well.

My main issue with previous training cycles for marathons were I would get burnt out a month away from the marathon. I’d run a 18-20 miler and just stop running cold turkey. Plus back then, I’d just run to run, no real training just run by feel and tbh just go at it without any steady state or slow endurance running. Also I never ran with anything - no gels, food, or water - just drink from water fountains along the way or during a race drink water/eat food that’s handed out.
Follow up on this: was thinking this plan (honestly just saw it) but as stated previously 16 weeks may be a bit too much. Personally I run about 15-20 miles a week at this time split between 2-3 runs - no real training program just getting out there.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...IRTUAL_TRAINING_PLANS_2023_2.pdf?v=1689199340

Is the Nike Running App working for others?

Went for a run today, but can't open the app.

Deleted and reinstalled.

When I click login, it just thinks for a second and nothing.

ha! no way.. I've got my data on NIKE running app going back 2012..

Got the app working now. Updated my phone, had another update after having one a couple of days ago and all works now.
Make the switch to Strava!

I have a Google Pixel 7Pro using a Garmin Fenix 7 watch.

You're appreciate Strava more and get a better read of how many miles you're running.

Back
Top Bottom