RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

What's everyone's prefered tracker? Just an iPhone with a arm band? Or do you guys have a dedicated tracking device? Just getting into running, and would like to track progress and see where I can improve. Especially in the lung/cardio capacity area.

Thanks!

I know this is NT, but you guys only run in Nikes?

I'm currently rotating between the Kinvara 5 and NB Zante. I highly recommend the NB Zante. It's very lightweight, the upper is sock like reminds me of the Presto upper. The cushion set up is a great balance of responsiveness and bouncy-ness. This will be my shoe for half marathon-full marathon distances. Added bonus, it retails for $100.

Would like to try a Nike shoe again. The Zoom Elites is something I'm interested in.

What's everyone's prefered tracker? Just an iPhone with a arm band? Or do you guys have a dedicated tracking device? Just getting into running, and would like to track progress and see where I can improve. Especially in the lung/cardio capacity area.

Thanks!

I use Nike+ primarily for my running. For hikes, walks, etc, I use RunKeeper.

I know this is NT, but you guys only run in Nikes?

I'm currently rotating between the Kinvara 5 and NB Zante. I highly recommend the NB Zante. It's very lightweight, the upper is sock like reminds me of the Presto upper. The cushion set up is a great balance of responsiveness and bouncy-ness. This will be my shoe for half marathon-full marathon distances. Added bonus, it retails for $100.

Would like to try a Nike shoe again. The Zoom Elites is something I'm interested in.

Personally, yes. The only reason is pricing. All the shoes that I run in costs no more than $70.

Nike needs to put out a new version of the Nike+ Sportswatch.

Dont want to lean onto the fitbit since its trash and the current Nike sportswatch is super outdated

Nike needs to put out a new version of the Nike+ Sportswatch.

Dont want to lean onto the fitbit since its trash and the current Nike sportswatch is super outdated

There won't be a new NIKE Sportswatch. When the Apple Watch is released it will all be in that.

I'll gladly pick up a Nike Sports Watch when they become obsolete! They'll probably be sold for less than $100 by then...

Bro, get different shoes for running. Roshes have almost zero support. Your feet will thank you later.

I used to actually run in these lol

I have weak ankles and I'm flat footed. I don't really know what to wear as far as running.
I've tried air max 1's that I had laying around and it felt wierd. I also tried an air presto but it would hurt the side of my foot because the shoe was too thin. So right now I'm just using the roshes

Last edited:
Never run in Roshes! I learned the hard way and paid the price for 2 weeks. Ankles were messed up

I have weak ankles and I'm flat footed. I don't really know what to wear as far as running.
I've tried air max 1's that I had laying around and it felt wierd. I also tried an air presto but it would hurt the side of my foot because the shoe was too thin. So right now I'm just using the roshes

I would suggest that you go to a running store and get fitted for a running shoe. They'll watch how you run and how your foot strikes the ground, then based on that you'll get to try on a bunch of shoes. Go for the one that feels the best for you. Running in the right type of shoe is important if you'll be logging in more and more miles. New shoes is also a motivator to get out there and run :D

Being flat footed, you might also benefit from specialized insoles like SuperFeet.

i've been running in nike for my entire life and decided to purchase some mizuno's over the weekend.

went for a nice 3 miler today, and after 1 run i have decided that i am NEVER running in nike again. been a die hard supporter of nike, but their technology is a joke. many say that nike is just a marketing company that produces shoes. i agree.

i've ran in nike for a long time. i've gone through pretty much ever stability, race, neutral, etc. shoe. i HIGHLY suggest trying out brooks, mizuno, or even asics if you want to get serious about finding the right shoes for your feet. although nike's are way cooler, they may not have the best functionality.

Im liking the Energy Boost 2 that im using right now. Either its the cold or maybe it needs to break in more but my feet were numb after a quick 2 mile run.

Any runners could tell me why my achilles hurts for the first half mile of my runs? Happens more often running outdoors, not so much treadmill. Is it just the lack of stretching? I make a conscience effort to stretch them out before I start, maybe its not enough? Any suggested stretches for the achilles besides stepping out of a wall (using my arms to push against the wall while one leg is bent and the other is out and flat).

Any of you guys doing the Disneyland Avenger Half Marathon?

I'm seriously considering it or waiting until next jan for the Star Wars one... Goal is to break 1:33.

Registration for the Avengers 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Infinity Gauntlet Challenge opens on 4/7/15.

The actual race weekend starts on November 13.

Last edited:
I would suggest that you go to a running store and get fitted for a running shoe. They'll watch how you run and how your foot strikes the ground, then based on that you'll get to try on a bunch of shoes. Go for the one that feels the best for you. Running in the right type of shoe is important if you'll be logging in more and more miles. New shoes is also a motivator to get out there and run :D

Being flat footed, you might also benefit from specialized insoles like SuperFeet.

Do all nike stores have this?
I remember seeing it at the grove but that location is currently closed :frown:

I'll gladly pick up a Nike Sports Watch when they become obsolete! They'll probably be sold for less than $100 by then...

Over here in oz they have stopped selling them at retail stores. All have been sent to the outlets to clear. I think they $80 over here.

Unfortunately they aren't the best. Have seen so many break that it has put me off from getting one. The band on them is cheap and break easily

Back
Top Bottom