RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Im liking the Energy Boost 2 that im using right now. Either its the cold or maybe it needs to break in more but my feet were numb after a quick 2 mile run.

Any runners could tell me why my achilles hurts for the first half mile of my runs? Happens more often running outdoors, not so much treadmill. Is it just the lack of stretching? I make a conscience effort to stretch them out before I start, maybe its not enough? Any suggested stretches for the achilles besides stepping out of a wall (using my arms to push against the wall while one leg is bent and the other is out and flat).

I don't stretch at all prior to running. I do a bunch of dynamic warm ups for 5-10 mins prior to running. I save the actual stretching until the end of my run.

good looks @ILLustRAYt
! i'm gonna try to sign up me and my girl for that. see you there?

Possibly. I really want to do the Infinity Gaunlet (10K + Half Marathon).

Nike sent me this the other day... Pretty cool!

I wish they'd gave us %off codes or giftcards as rewards for achieving certain milestones with NIKE+ because I'd definitely shoot for 2,000mi per year! Hahah

Last edited:
Registration for the Avengers 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Infinity Gauntlet Challenge opens on 4/7/15.

The actual race weekend starts on November 13.

Pre-registration was yesterday and the Infinity Gauntlet challenge sold out in a matter of minutes.... same with the 10K (which is all I registered for this year)...

General registration will be even crazier, so be ready by 9am sharp... It's pretty much like trying to cop a pair of hot shoes online these days... gotta be quick and ready for anything (cart jacking, server crashing, etc.)...

Just a heads up to those that are going to sign up!

Pre-registration was yesterday and the Infinity Gauntlet challenge sold out in a matter of minutes.... same with the 10K (which is all I registered for this year)...

General registration will be even crazier, so be ready by 9am sharp... It's pretty much like trying to cop a pair of hot shoes online these days... gotta be quick and ready for anything (cart jacking, server crashing, etc.)...

What in the HELL?! :wow: :smh: On the brighter side, it's pretty awesome that people are looking to be active :smile:

These races are so expensive... Wish there was a way to go without paying so much. Any sites for coupon codes or tips on sign ups?

I ran the Disneyland Half a few years ago (my first official half) and finished at 1:37 (previous PR). Do the courses differ from each other, or are they the same with the addition of the theme?

IIRC, the Disneyland Half had 5-6mi within the resort.

Last edited:
I ran the Disneyland Half a few years ago (my first official half) and finished at 1:37 (previous PR). Do the courses differ from each other, or are they the same with the addition of the theme?

IIRC, the Disneyland Half had 5-6mi within the resort.

I've never done a rundisney Half yet, but they did change up the courses for the most recent Star Wars half weekend as opposed to the previous 3 rundisney events last year (basically running the other way, with a few path changes as well)

Registration for the Avengers 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Infinity Gauntlet Challenge opens on 4/7/15.

The actual race weekend starts on November 13.

Oh man, I was keeping an eye out for it today, I remember you or someone else saying it was on the 25th for some reason. :frown:

I've never done a rundisney Half yet, but they did change up the courses for the most recent Star Wars half weekend as opposed to the previous 3 rundisney events last year (basically running the other way, with a few path changes as well)

Ahhh I wish the majority of the course was in the actual resort. Nonetheless, Disney races are always fun to be a part of! :smokin

Last edited:
These races are so expensive... Wish there was a way to go without paying so much. Any sites for coupon codes or tips on sign ups?

Not wrong there. I want to do more but the price of some of these are crazy.

The run on the weekend was $55, but $30 of it went straight I charity which I don't mind.

The next run I'm looking at wants $100 and asked you to raise money for charity. I understand there's costs involved in organizing a fun run but it's getting out of control..

Not wrong there. I want to do more but the price of some of these are crazy.

The run on the weekend was $55, but $30 of it went straight I charity which I don't mind.

The next run I'm looking at wants $100 and asked you to raise money for charity. I understand there's costs involved in organizing a fun run but it's getting out of control..

Check out Disney's prices for theirs...:smh: They can be ~$170 for only their Half, and the Double challenges are +$300 :rolleyes And they STILL SELL OUT quick!

Last edited:
Check out Disney's prices for theirs...:smh: They can be ~$170 for only their Half, and the Double challenges are +$300 :rolleyes And they STILL SELL OUT quick!

$170 ??? Yikes!! That's around $217 in oz, roughly same price as a new pair of FLYKNIT Lunars.

Last edited:
Any of the USA guys have a link for runs between May & June?

Looks like I may be headed there so if there is something on might sign up for a run

Oh man! I have playlist organized to how I want to run. Each has more than 200 tracks per. Here are the five tracks that came up through shuffle on that playlist.

Kendrick Lamar - Backseat Freestyle
Wiz Khalifa - Initiation
Major Lazer - Jah No Partial
Linkin Park - Bleed It Out
TRON Legacy - Theme

I honestly hate running but preparing for the fdny I run min 3 times a week which is about 10-15 miles. Anyone us a heart rate monitor or have a GPS watch?

I use just my phone now but it's become pretty serious so I wonder if it would help at all.

Beast man. I cant even do 7:40 pace for a 5k. :lol:

Whats your weight/height? Any tips on how to improve your stride length? My friend said mine is short, is it even possible to change it?

Beast man. I cant even do 7:40 pace for a 5k. :lol:

Whats your weight/height? Any tips on how to improve your stride length? My friend said mine is short, is it even possible to change it?

You don't want to overstride necessarily. Do you know if you're a heel striker, midfoot striker, or forefoot striker?

Many people prefer to up their cadence to about 190 steps a minute. This means short, quick strides. Overstriding expends a lot of energy.

Back
Top Bottom