RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Hey everyone,

Glad to have finally found an NT thread of dedicated runners! I am a 1:20 Half Marathon, 3:01 Marathon (soon to hopefully break 3 this summer), 16:37 5K.

Quick question for anyone here who's familiar with the Nike Elite teams. I've been looking for these hats that are given out only to sponsored athletes. Notice that each one is different depending on what team the athlete runs for (Nike Trail Elite, Track & Field, or the XC hat which was given to High School Nike Cross Nationals race winners).

I've heard rumors that the Nike Trail one could be released to retail this upcoming Summer/Fall but haven't heard anything concrete.

Definitely a shot in the dark, but if anyone has one of these hats or info on obtaining one, it would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me if anyone has any info.

Thanks fellow NT'ers and best of luck on your training!
Soo, there isn't really one Nike Elite Team. Nike will sponsor various track clubs throughout the country , providing them gear, coaches, travel expenses, and the best athletes are salaried employees who have contract. Some of the premier clubs are the Oregon Project, Oregon Track Club Elite and the Bowerman Track Club. So, the people who have access to these products is pretty damn small.

That being said, there is a forum called tracktalk.net where a lot of Elite gear is traded around. That would be your best bet.  

Nike Elite? Like Black Roses of NYC? They are Nike sponsored and get special gear.

Ray, you shoudnt be mad at spending $150 for a pair of Brooks or whatever, IMO if its gonna get its moneys worth then its a good buy.
Nike Trail Elite is a group of Nike-sponsored trail runners that rece

Soo, there isn't really one Nike Elite Team. Nike will sponsor various track clubs throughout the country , providing them gear, coaches, travel expenses, and the best athletes are salaried employees who have contract. Some of the premier clubs are the Oregon Project, Oregon Track Club Elite and the Bowerman Track Club. So, the people who have access to these products is pretty damn small.

That being said, there is a forum called tracktalk.net where a lot of Elite gear is traded around. That would be your best bet.  
Thanks for the info, but Nike Trail Elite is an actual Nike team (I am friends with one ultra runner on the team and he has no info on the hats). Just an FYI.

Nike Trail Elite is a group of Nike-sponsored trail runners that rece

Thanks for the info, but Nike Trail Elite is an actual Nike team (I am friends with one ultra runner on the team and he has no info on the hats). Just an FYI.
Are they an actual team? I was aware there were some scattered Trail marathoners who Nike has recently starting sponsoring, but I didn't know they were affiliated with each other. At any rate I've been looking for some Elite Trail gear too, there is a sweet mug they've got, but they don't seem to have a website. 

16:37 5K 
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
 Beast...

Are they an actual team? I was aware there were some scattered Trail marathoners who Nike has recently starting sponsoring, but I didn't know they were affiliated with each other. At any rate I've been looking for some Elite Trail gear too, there is a sweet mug they've got, but they don't seem to have a website. 
Yes, they are a team. Consisting of Alex Varner, Tim Tollefson, Chris Vargo, Sally McRae, and a couple others.

The 10K was the first to go! The 1/2 is still open, but I'm on the fence now, as $215 is STEEP! The Infinity Gauntlet is $330 + fees... [emoji]128561[/emoji]

Welcome, Powermax! [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
Logged in exactly 15 miles so far this month. Need about 40 more if I want to be on pace to hit 1k miles logged on Nike plus app

I'm barely at 17 miles :smh: show off

EDIT

logged in a mile this friday morning on the threadmill before working out at 4:30am :smokin

Last edited:
Made it to Rotterdam today. Easy 8 and some strides. Followed by a beer and some pizza 
happy.gif
. Can't wait for the race. Weather is supposed to be perfect, and the legs feel good to go. 

Scooped these up for 60 at marshalls.

Straight to the track 8)

1st experience with the boost tech and it really is amazing.
would recommend

Scooped these up for 60 at marshalls.

1st experience with the boost tech and it really is amazing.
would recommend

Check your local Footlocker. They've got a few pairs of those Adidas Boost running shoes (I think it's the Energy Boost 2) on sale for $50. This is an in store price. The online price is higher.

I didn't believe in hitting the wall today. Thought it was all hype. Then I hit mile 20 of Rotterdam and died a slow painful death 
laugh.gif
. Seriously, hit the 31k on pace for 226, then a proceeded to run at least a 43+ minute 10k. Disappointed to say the least, but I can't complain to much as I am in Rotterdam running. 

I didn't believe in hitting the wall today. Thought it was all hype. Then I hit mile 20 of Rotterdam and died a slow painful death :lol: . Seriously, hit the 31k on pace for 226, then a proceeded to run at least a 43+ minute 10k. Disappointed to say the least, but I can't complain to much as I am in Rotterdam running. 

grueling. so you never hit the wall in any previous marathons?

i still wanna avenge my last marathon...same thing here, last 6 were brutal...

Back
Top Bottom