RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Have we started the leadership board in here yet since they updated the app?

Could always use the motivation.

I'm at 40.5 miles at 8 runs far. gonna add my last one tomorrow morning to close out april strong [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Leadership Board? :nerd:

Nike+ Leaderboards allow you to compete with your Nike+ friends with Nike+ accounts. Weekly and monthly Leaderboards give you an at-a-glance look at who in your Nike+ friends circle has run the most miles or earned the most NikeFuel.

Select your device or experience below for instructions.

They just brought em back after they did away with them foolishly.

http://support-en-us.nikeplus.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36170/p/3169,3700,3745

Anyone interested?

When did they get rid of it?

can't be recently cause I've noticed the leadership board for the past couple years or so :nerd:

Nike+ Leaderboards allow you to compete with your Nike+ friends with Nike+ accounts. Weekly and monthly Leaderboards give you an at-a-glance look at who in your Nike+ friends circle has run the most miles or earned the most NikeFuel.

Select your device or experience below for instructions.

They just brought em back after they did away with them foolishly.

http://support-en-us.nikeplus.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36170/p/3169,3700,3745

Anyone interested?

It never left for me... You just have to be friends with other users for them to appear on the board. I just wish you could use filters rather than having ALL FRIENDS on the board. An #NTr filtered board would be dope.

Last edited:
Messed up my foot, wore sneakers that were too tight at work on Monday. I was fine yesterday but for some reason after the gym this morning (after the train ride to work) the same foot was hurting with every step. Wanted to get one run in before April finished but oh well.

Happy May running guys! Cant wait for the Pegasus 32 to drop.

Apparently when you begin to struggle during your run, count from 1-100 repeatedly to get your mind off of it. Heard it works. What do you guys do to take your mind off your tiredness?

]
It never left for me... You just have to be friends with other users for them to appear on the board. I just wish you could use filters rather than having ALL FRIENDS on the board. An #NTr filtered board would be dope.

When did they get rid of it?

can't be recently cause I've noticed the leadership board for the past couple years or so :nerd:

Okay. I've never used it, but my friends were complaining that it was dropped when they updated the app.

Creating a custom challenge is the only way that we can have a separate leaderboard...

Last edited:
NT I need advice.

I need to run 1.5 miles in 13 minutes a month from now. I know it may not sound like much but I get winded really fast.

I've always seriously lifted weights 3 times a week and would sometimes mess around on the treadmill afterwards.

My question is, should I give up the weights for a while and solely focus on running or go lighter on the weights and try to find a balance maybe?

Anyone do Yasso 800?

NT I need advice.

I need to run 1.5 miles in 13 minutes a month from now. I know it may not sound like much but I get winded really fast.

I've always seriously lifted weights 3 times a week and would sometimes mess around on the treadmill afterwards.

My question is, should I give up the weights for a while and solely focus on running or go lighter on the weights and try to find a balance maybe?

Anyone do Yasso 800?
For 1.5 miles Yasso 800s would be pointless, it's a marathon fitness indicator.  In regards to your race that is like 8:45 a mile. No reason to stop lifting to to get that kind of fitness. Just try running 3-5 miles a few times a week after lifting, at a reasonable place, an you will be good to go

Apparently when you begin to struggle during your run, count from 1-100 repeatedly to get your mind off of it. Heard it works. What do you guys do to take your mind off your tiredness?

I switch up whatever I'm listening to. Or think of something that will make me mad :lol:
I only run between 4-6 miles though if that matters.

i aint gonna lie, i didnt think this small group would help, but seeing folks post up with the hashtag and seeing some yall's speed/pace and mileage actually does motivate me. ALMOST to the point that i might want to incorporate a better diet so i actually become in better shape with all the running i do instead of still gaining weight.. or just maintaing the same ish :rofl:

to answer what some folks posted above. ive been running on lunarglide 6s. im not sure what it is, but the 6s dont seem to have become "one" with me even though i logged over 200 miles on it already. i ran in LG 5 and 4s before these 6s and after i while it like those shoes bonded/molded with me and just felt right. i may switch it up, but if the LG 7s come out as great looking as they do from pics i saw. im gonna keep using lunarglides
i did use to run in nike free runs.

as far as struggling during the run, i mostly run around a damn track. you know how hard that is on your mind. running around in a circle! lol i just listen to my music, think of other stuff. i know my mind is in a bad place when im thinking of how many laps before the 3 mile mark. ughhhh.

Last edited:

The music! The right playlist can make me "go that extra mile". :smokin

i aint gonna lie, i didnt think this small group would help, but seeing folks post up with the hashtag and seeing some yall's speed/pace and mileage actually does motivate me. ALMOST to the point that i might want to incorporate a better diet so i actually become in better shape with all the running i do instead of still gaining weight.. or just maintaing the same ish :rofl:.

Thus, the purpose of [COLOR=#red]#NTrunning [/COLOR] and this thread :nthat:

Last edited:
NT I need advice.

Anyone do Yasso 800?
For 1.5 miles Yasso 800s would be pointless, it's a marathon fitness indicator.  In regards to your race that is like 8:45 a mile. No reason to stop lifting to to get that kind of fitness. Just try running 3-5 miles a few times a week after lifting, at a reasonable place, an you will be good to go

Thank you

Ran the date for MayPac in the TR5v6s. They feel so clunky compared to my other running shoes. I know my pace wasn't impressive, but I feel I'm working out my legs more. I hope I'll see and feel a difference in pace when I make the transition to my actual running shoes. :smokin

Last edited:
Anyone else's GPS on Nike+ been red a lot lately? Tracks and routes that normally are green for me are in the red and my gps is "weak". I like the satisfaction of having my run outlined.

For you guys that lift and run how do you balance the two? Recently my running feels like it suffering. Since my legs feel a little tired and sore from working out.

For you guys that lift and run how do you balance the two? Recently my running feels like it suffering. Since my legs feel a little tired and sore from working out.

Its tough man, if I run before then im tired when I lift. If I lift, im tired for running. I try to do short runs on work out days and longer runs on off days, if anything I try to space it out. Also I try to run first, then eat so ill be good for my workout.

Also, saw these at Nike and had to get em. Sick colorway. I believe these are an older OG colorway but if you look closely, they have a zebra type pattern.

Last edited:

I did  leg day yesterday ran today
mean.gif
.  Had to run today since the weather was nice but I suffered. 

Its tough man, if I run before then im tired when I lift. If I lift, im tired for running. I try to do short runs on work out days and longer runs on off days, if anything I try to space it out. Also I try to run first, then eat so ill be good for my workout.

Also, saw these at Nike and had to get em. Sick colorway. I believe these are an older OG colorway but if you look closely, they have a zebra type pattern.

I did  leg day yesterday ran today
mean.gif
.  Had to run today since the weather was nice but I suffered. 
I deadlifted and squatted yesterday so I was suffering on my run today. I might need a full off day before a run day to give my body time to recover

Back
Top Bottom