RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

For you guys that lift and run how do you balance the two? Recently my running feels like it suffering. Since my legs feel a little tired and sore from working out.
It is a balancing act. I can say that on a D1 track program the lifting we did was purely for strengthening running related muscles and improving running. Gains were not the goal. If you are trying to gain muscles mass I don't know what to tell you really. Probably one or the other will have to give, But unless your elite at either the losses in either would be small.  

Yo.

Real talk, my Nike+ GPS is being dusty right now. Weak GPS, and im at home on wifi (if that matters).

Havent had it work in a couple of days, Google isnt giving me anything. Anyone else having issues or had this issue?

Ran the date for Star Wars Day! :smoking

Last edited:
NT fam, I have a problem :\

I started running a month or two ago, and have been loving it. but about a month ago or more, my right calf started hurting after running 3 miles. Every since then it hasnt gone away after running for a while. I stopped running initially and gave myself a 10 day break, and it did nothing really. After 1 mile the pain would come back. I went and got fitted for shoes thinking that would help last week, and it did a little bit, but it's still there. I also got this rolling massager and it provides relief and helps. Today I ran 2miles doing about 8mins for each and felt had I kept going, the pain would've came, so i stopped. But I definitely felt stronger. it's only with my right calf..

Is there any advice you guys can give me, really don't want to spend tons of money to see a doctor just yet.

Should I work out that calf and get it stronger before i run any more?

What kind of pain is it? Is it a pain off a push? Or more of a sore? And does it stop right away after you stop running (dont feel it when you walk)?

Honestly, rest. I had a bad lower back, tried resting it for a few days, ended up resting for 2 weeks. Rest now and let it fully heal as opposed to gutting it through and damage it more. Stretch a lot, even if you arent gonna go for a run.

My Nike+ GPS is still not working. Im about to use Run Keeper to track my run then input it manually into Nike+ until its fixed.

It's a push, that starts after a run a mile+. It stops but stays sore for a couple hours. The next day it's fine but I can tell it's not 100%.

When I went to get fitted last week, I used the rolling massage stick for the first time, and it made it super sore for over a day, if that's means anything.

Last edited:
half-marathon last saturday. PR'd and finished in 1:37:02. last mile my core was DONE

It's a push, that starts after a run a mile+. It stops but stays sore for a couple hours. The next day it's fine but I can tell it's not 100%.

When I went to get fitted last week, I used the rolling massage stick for the first time, and it made it super sore for over a day, if that's means anything.

is it the muscle or a tendon? may just be very tight.

Congrats! [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

There better be a Cinco De Mayo badge for tomorrow! Nike+ has been stingy with the badges lately [emoji]128529[/emoji]

Do the badges still show up for people? When I first started using the app the badges would show in the summary after I ended a run. I never see anything show up anymore.

It's either I'm not earning any, or something ain't working for me.

*Update

So I went for a run and no badge notification showed up. However when I go to my profile tab and scroll down to badges, the cinco de mayo badge is there.

Any others who use the iOS up know how to get the badge notifications to show up after a run like it use to?

Also, since the latest app update, it seems I can't have another tracking app open. I usually run with the nike app and the strava app. But now nike app crashes with strava open.

Any help?

Last edited:
I'm game.

Welcome, Brother! :nthat:

Do the badges still show up for people? When I first started using the app the badges would show in the summary after I ended a run. I never see anything show up anymore.

It's either I'm not earning any, or something ain't working for me.

*Update

So I went for a run and no badge notification showed up. However when I go to my profile tab and scroll down to badges, the cinco de mayo badge is there.

Any others who use the iOS up know how to get the badge notifications to show up after a run like it use to?

Also, since the latest app update, it seems I can't have another tracking app open. I usually run with the nike app and the strava app. But now nike app crashes with strava open.

Any help?

The last badge I earned was the Valentine's Day badge (I believe), but I didn't notice it until I looked at my Trophies like you. I never received the notification or pop-up. It's definitely good to know that there are Cinco de Mayo badges out there! :smokin

Has your Nike+ gps been good?

I logged a run yesterday, and it was fine. Maybe try a soft reset on your device?

Last edited:
got my cinco badge!

ive never had any popup notifications of trophies and awards and what not ever since i moved over to my first iphone (iphone 6) only time i see them is if i log in on the browser or check the trophies in the app. i know when i was on android it popped regularly.

I think I fixed my Nike GPS.

Restarted my phone a couple times and deleted/re-downloaded the app. Seems to be good.

On another note, man my allergies are kicking in. I get them every other year (seemingly) and this year seems to bother me more than last time I got it 2 years ago.

Anyone with seasonal allergies, how do you guys handle it? I had to run on the treadmill today, havent had a chance to pickup Claritin or an Allegra yet. Which im also gonna ask, which works the best for you guys?

I don't know why it never occurred to me to find a runner's thread on here, but I'm definitely excited to hear from all of you.  I'm 40, but just started running a couple of years ago.  Can't wait to steal all your tricks, haha.

PS - Did not get my Cinco badge.

Last edited:
I don't know why it never occurred to me to find a runner's thread on here, but I'm definitely excited to hear from all of you.  I'm 40, but just started running a couple of years ago.  Can't wait to steal all your tricks, haha.

PS - Did not get my Cinco badge.

TRo repping! :nthat:

My Nike GPS is up and running again finally.

Ran around the UES, running and dodging people makes me run faster actually, kinda fun too. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom