RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Hey guys, so I used to use the Nike GPS watch heavily, but after three watches all breaking after about 9 months of use, I gave them up and went back to a chrono watch. Any have any insights on other quality GPS watches, or know if Nike has upped the quality of theirs? Thanks 

Hey guys, so I used to use the Nike GPS watch heavily, but after three watches all breaking after about 9 months of use, I gave them up and went back to a chrono watch. Any have any insights on other quality GPS watches, or know if Nike has upped the quality of theirs? Thanks 

Sad to say but the NIKE GPS watches are so bad. The quality is terrible and like you've experienced, they all break. As far as I know they have stopped making them and were focusing more on apps so therefore the apple watch. However I'll wait till the watch has its own dedicated GPS and not relying on having to carry my phone with me.

I know a few Nike employees, even before the Nike watches were phased out, were using the Garmin watches.  They had great things to say about it.  My Fuelband is dead now, so I'm looking into a Garmin watch myself, which now integrates with Nike+.

started running this week. banged out 2 5miles run about an hour each. felt really good, knees are sore though. i just discovered the nike running app. how do i add yall?

My Nike running app is not syncing
Mine gets spotty from time to time if I mistakenly back out before I've finished logging in the run - usually when I'm taking it out of my armband.  Now I just make sure I get all the way back to the home screen before I do that.  I just ordered a Garmin watch, which will sync with Nike+ now, so I'm interested in seeing how that goes.

Welcome! Most of the runners I've SEEN on IG are wearing Nike, but it really doesn't matter. What matters is all of are out there running

Thanks man. I'm running in a pair of New Balance Baddelley 890v2's with Nike Elite cush running socks. Feels like i'm on 2 pillows for real!

What are you guys running from?

Health reasons. I have genetically high cholesterol. I'm skinny and have a super fast metabolism so it's harder for me to put on weight. There are many articles on the benefits of running. Put simply it stops you from getting sick and being tired all the time.

started running this week. banged out 2 5miles run about an hour each. felt really good, knees are sore though. i just discovered the nike running app. how do i add yall?

You JUST started running or going back into running?

Cause 2, 5 mile runs for just a beginner is pretty good, regardless of time.

Did 3 miles today, felt good. Its "easy" for me to finish 3 miles now and I feel like I still have some gas in the tank after, now I just wanna improve my pace. Still aiming for that 25 min 5k.

It's always great to see that some of you all can run consecutive miles with ease. Depending on the pace of my runs, I get winded after the one mile that I run. But at 230 lbs I think I do pretty good. I guess as I loose more weight, everything gets easier. This week I will attempt to run at a faster pace to exert more energy. I remember when I first started running I didn't know how to pace my steps with my breathing. I'm going to get me some better running shoes by the end of this week and hopefully another pair to rotate them periodically.

Last edited:
Props b ^^^ 8)
At least youre doing something bruh.

Just keep it up and slowly everything will improve.

And u know down here in sc the next couple of months will be GRUELING to say the least.

Last edited:
You JUST started running or going back into running?

Cause 2, 5 mile runs for just a beginner is pretty good, regardless of time.

Did 3 miles today, felt good. Its "easy" for me to finish 3 miles now and I feel like I still have some gas in the tank after, now I just wanna improve my pace. Still aiming for that 25 min 5k.

I used to run a lot. But I had a lower back problems that prevented me running longer. So I bike once a week and I play baseball once or twice a week depends on the schedule through September. So yea.

Last edited:
It's always great to see that some of you all can run consecutive miles with ease. Depending on the pace of my runs, I get winded after the one mile that I run. But at 230 lbs I think I do pretty good. I guess as I loose more weight, everything gets easier. This week I will attempt to run at a faster pace to exert more energy. I remember when I first started running I didn't know how to pace my steps with my breathing. I'm going to get me some better running shoes by the end of this week and hopefully another pair to rotate them periodically.
Living in MA, running is very seasonal for me, since I hate treadmills.  This year's snowfall made things even harder to get out on the roads, since I was pretty sure I would get hit by a car along most of my normal route.  So, when I get back into it, that first mile is always killer.  Once I steadily increase to two miles without walking, I feel like I'm over the hump and can extend when my program asks me to.  So, when you get through that wall, you'll notice that you can push your limits way beyond what you thought.

Stick with it!

The NIKE+ / Instagram handles of a couple #NTrunning runners are on the first page.

Here's another ROLL CALL haha

Instagram: illustrayt
NIKE+: iLLY

Last edited:
Added you guys to the roster on the first page. Hopefully, we'll have our first NEW #NTrunning NIKE+ challenge this Summer. Let the planning commence! :nthat:

What's a good distance for our first?

Yea i tried it for the first time dis morning and its definitely a much much bettet fit.

Alot less movement.

Am I the only one that prefers to not tie my running shoes too tight? When I play basketball I tug on my laces and try to get them as tight as possible, running shoes? Not so much, a fair tug on all the loops, and a not so tight knot. If I tie them too tight, my achilles starts to hurt for some weird reason.

Im more than comfy too, and never do I feel like my heel is sliding up and down. I tend to stay TTS to my running shoes as well, if I go .5 size up then my achilles feels it again, its my weak spot.

No. I don't tie mines THAT tight. The laces are only slightly tighter on my runners than my casual shoes, but I do double knot.

Last edited:
I make the knot tight so they don't come untied, but the knot isn't squeezing my foot, if that makes sense.  I'm interested in watching that video when I get home.

alsa2009: Welcome! I see that you've incrementally increased your distance every month. I think it would be a good "time" to focus on TIME. Rather than hitting distances, time yourself and try to best those times. You'll exert more energy in less time and achieve your fitness goals in "less time" as well.

illustrayt illustrayt Thanks for telling me to be more competitive and push myself. I'm so use to pacing my mile run and normally I can run that with ease in about 10-11 minutes. Taking the advice given, yesterday I challenge myself to run hard. This wasn't an easy task as when I was running my left lung felt like it shut down on me on my second lap lol. I had reduce my pace (no walking ) and I eventually finished. Despite me gasping for breath I ran a mile in 9 minute 15 seconds. Only thing is I back out of my log the wrong way and didn't save my log...

Eager to challenge myself once more this morning I got in a good stretch before running. I got in my groove and knocked out a mile in 8 minutes flat. I amazed my own self. A little under a week on this site got me pump to do better... I look forward to challenging myself from here on out. Thanks to everyone for being supportive.

I did get a chance to log time today. The app isn't the best at keeping out up with my distance as it says .08 miles but I know I've mark it for a mile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom