Runner’s Body Is Found in Queens Marsh....Hung Jury p. 13

Bunch of NT True Detectives in here. :lol:

I'm not even mad at it, human nature I guess, but the "solve it now" rationale like this is a 60 min SVU episode, is kind of bizzare.

Last edited:
High profile cases can have copy cats

Doubt its a copy cat, not quite yet.

Dude prolly left the state after the first one, went to Massachusetts and now plottin in another state.

I wish thr government would put bountys on these peoples heads. Dead or alive.

Bunch of NT True Detectives in here. :lol:

I'm not even mad at it, human nature I guess, but the "solve it now" rationale like this is a 60 min SVU episode, is kind of bizzare.]quote]

NorthOakland : I agree , I just want them to get it right and not grab just anybody of the street

Last edited:
I agree get it right and take your time. Would be devastating if they rushed things and got the wrong guy. Seems like DNA testing should be top priority. Too many DNA exonerations have happened after the fact that the innocent guy spent years behind bars.

Stuff like this is so saddening.

On the map it is just a green fringe, nestled between Jamaica Bay and Howard Beach, Queens, but for the New York City detectives investigating the murder of a jogger it has revealed itself to be a desolate wilderness. Clearing the crime scene required machetes. The police now patrol the area daily on all-terrain vehicles.

In the three weeks since Karina Vetrano, 30, was strangled while on an evening jog through the wetlands and woods known as Spring Creek Park, investigators are struggling to generate leads, said one law enforcement official who was briefed on the investigation last week.

“This won’t be solved easily,” the law enforcement official said, explaining that the most promising initial lead — DNA evidence quite likely from the assailant — had not helped identify a suspect. The DNA evidence was found on Ms. Vetrano’s hands, her throat and her cellphone, the official said. But when a profile developed from the DNA at the crime scene was searched against the DNA profiles of known offenders, it did not result in a match.

New York Police Struggle to Generate Leads in Murder of Queens Jogger

Damn. They found him in Brooklyn. Serial rapist/murderer of a high profile case was walking in the neighboring borough without a damb given. They went through old stop and frisk reports and zeroed in on him. Justice for the family, but kind of a loss for constitutional rights.

Last edited:
More info:

The man accused of killing Queens jogger Karina Vetrano lived at home with his mother and was flagged three times for summonses around the rural park before the savage slaying, authorities said Sunday.

Chanel Lewis, 20, is expected to be arraigned on murder and sexual assault charges after DNA recovered from her body and phone linked him to the crime, officials said.

Link

I wonder if he'll have any ties to the murder of the woman in CT shortly after Vetrano's death?

Damn. They found him in Brooklyn. Serial rapist/murderer of a high profile case was walking in the neighboring borough without a damb given. They went through old stop and frisk reports and zeroed in on him. Justice for the family, but kind of a loss for constitutional rights.

well well well.... :nerd:

btw, he's idiot for volunteering for a cotton swab...they found his DNA under her fingernails.

btw, he's idiot for volunteering for a cotton swab...they found his DNA under her fingernails.

Wouldn't they need a court order or some form of legal document for a DNA sample?

I'm beyond happy that they have a suspect, but I just really hope this isn't being pinned on someone for the sake of closing the case.

Last edited:

Wouldn't they need a court order or some form of legal document for a DNA sample?

I'm beyond happy that they have a suspect, but I just really hope this isn't being pinned on someone for the sake of closing the case.

once you're committed a felony, NY state laws allows them to store your DNA forever.

jogger-fiend-found-february-5-2017.jpg

Detectives keyed in on Lewis after reviewing a 911 call made from the area by someone who said the unemployed man was acting suspiciously.

On Thursday, Lewis voluntarily submitted a DNA sample when cops interviewed him, Boyce said. That sample came back as a match two days later to the DNA found under Vetrano’s fingernails as well as on her back and cell phone after the Aug. 2 assault, Boyce said.

Police later discovered that Lewis had been hit with three summonses — dating back to 2013

They brought that up after they had him wrapped up like a christmas ham. Makes no sense.

Last edited:

once you're committed a felony, NY state laws allows them to store your DNA forever.

If he had no record, how are they getting his DNA?

*edit*

I mean, the NYDN article said he "voluntarily" submitted his sample...but why???

Last edited:
They had no prints or DNA from him since he had no record or anything.

He let em get his DNA. He must be an idiot since I don't see how without any evidence or proof or whatever pointed to him so all they could do was ask and if he said no.... he would still be free unless there's a new law where they could forcefully get it

Back
Top Bottom