#SacRamenCo Fine Dining & Sports Thread #ramen #pozole #pho

Should UC Davis sports be discussed in this thread.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Great news for local Sacramento sports.....

St. Louis tax bill for their planned MLS stadium failed, this clears a path a little bit for Sac Republic

I don't really think it mattered. We are going to get one of the teams
I dunno, the agreement between the two Kevin's apparently still hasn't been formally resolved... and I think with all the bigger/non Cali markets coming out of the wood work, its given MLS some second thoughts on being 100% all in on Sacramento.

Granted, having said all that I still feel pretty confident about our chances. 
Does STL hate pro sports as much as SD?
I think they hate the idea of a public funded stadium equally

Last edited:
So what happened with that issue of filing for a pro team with the Sac Republic name? Did that get resolved.

I'd like to see Sacramento get an MLS team. That would be huge for the city. Let them be great, while the Kangz continue to Kang.

It got resolved. Republic FC will be used by Kevin Nagle and his ownership group in pursuit of that MLS team. The initial ownership group of the Republic will continue to own and operate the team in the USL. As soon as Sacramento gets the MLS team, ownership will be transferred to Kevin Nagle's ownership group.

Thinking about it, a Sac MLS team is perfect for our area. I would imagine that many cities and towns around Sacramento are more inclined to support the Republic instead of the Quakes just on how close the team will be. No more planning for all that bay area traffic. I'm thinking of getting in on some season tickets once the MLS team comes around. I'll be able to watch the construction of the new stadium from my building floor too. 

It got resolved. Republic FC will be used by Kevin Nagle and his ownership group in pursuit of that MLS team. The initial ownership group of the Republic will continue to own and operate the team in the USL. As soon as Sacramento gets the MLS team, ownership will be transferred to Kevin Nagle's ownership group.

Thinking about it, a Sac MLS team is perfect for our area. I would imagine that many cities and towns around Sacramento are more inclined to support the Republic instead of the Quakes just on how close the team will be. No more planning for all that bay area traffic. I'm thinking of getting in on some season tickets once the MLS team comes around. I'll be able to watch the construction of the new stadium from my building floor too. 

How long ago did it get resolved? I haven't read anything recently about it

I was able to watch Golden 1 during construction and was thinking photos every week from 20+ floors up to do a time lapse thing until my phone took crap on me :lol: but it was amazing to see

Last edited:
How long ago did it get resolved? I haven't read anything recently about it

I was able to watch Golden 1 during construction and was thinking photos every week from 20+ floors up to do a time lapse thing until my phone took crap on me :lol: but it was amazing to see

Around early February I believe. The deal is in principal, so I'm not sure if something legit as far as a contract of sorts has been signed. I wonder how much Warren is gonna get. One of the things I kept seeing around was that the money wasn't high enough to agree before the bid was submitted to the MLS.

That photo idea would be cool. I hope to have a window seat in my isle in the next few years haha

A friend of mine who is the director of a US soccer youth academy, and who's dad played on the USNT and was a scout for them (he also coached one of the youth national teams at one point) told me that last he heard, Sac Republic was in danger of going under.

Last edited:
eek.gif

A friend of mine who is the director of a US soccer youth academy, and who's dad played on the USNT and was a scout for them (he also coached one of the youth national teams at one point) told me that last he heard, Sac Republic was in danger of going under.
What? That's crazy if it's true.

I thought they sell out all games and have plenty of sponsors?

^^ yea...gave it a try in January based on my friends (non Asian) who were raving about it and nothing special bout that place. Should have known better :smh:

Bon Chon opening down the street from me in North Natomas :pimp: ....Now, I don't need to drive all the way down to Elk Grove to get my fix. Hate driving down there

My buddy's family who owns Starbread also expanding their bakery to Roseville :pimp:

^^ yea...gave it a try in January based on my friends (non Asian) who were raving about it and nothing special bout that place. Should have known better :smh:

Bon Chon opening down the street from me in North Natomas :pimp: ....Now, I don't need to drive all the way down to Elk Grove to get my fix. Hate driving down there

My buddy's family who owns Starbread also expanding their bakery to Roseville :pimp:

What do you normally get at Bonchon? I had it a few times now and haven't been impressed by it. It was good but seems overly hyped imo. Guess my expectations were too high for it :lol:

I'd take down some senorita bread all day though :smokin

What's your guys' favorite hibachi spots. Mine would probably be wasabi (Elk Grove) and a close second would be Tokyo (natomas)

What do you normally get at Bonchon? I had it a few times now and haven't been impressed by it. It was good but seems overly hyped imo. Guess my expectations were too high for it :lol:

Bon Chon, I get drums half and half or wings half and half. I don't really eat anything else lol. I probably get flame for this but I do like 99 chicken in San Jose better than bon chon tho.

Wish he had decent places for Cuban food. I've been craving it since coming back to Sac from the East coast.

Last edited:
^^ yea...gave it a try in January based on my friends (non Asian) who were raving about it and nothing special bout that place. Should have known better
mean.gif

Bon Chon opening down the street from me in North Natomas
pimp.gif
....Now, I don't need to drive all the way down to Elk Grove to get my fix. Hate driving down there

My buddy's family who owns Starbread also expanding their bakery to Roseville
pimp.gif
I wish there was a Starbread out here in VA.

Bonchon is good. Crazy how it was a big thing here and now it's expanding out in the West Coast lol.

What do you normally get at Bonchon? I had it a few times now and haven't been impressed by it. It was good but seems overly hyped imo. Guess my expectations were too high for it
laugh.gif

I'd take down some senorita bread all day though
smokin.gif
i usually eat with a group of 4+ people, we get the medium combo with the wings. half spicy and half garlic soy. their potstickers & waffle fries are pretty good too. personally, i like the chicken better from OB town in oakland.

senorita bread when it's fresh 
nthat.gif

any good AYCE KBBQ out there in sac? might have to take the drive back up there soon to look at more places to live.

Last edited:
How spicy are the bonchon wings? I feel like I may not enjoy them after they get too spicy.

Bon Chon, I get drums half and half or wings half and half. I don't really eat anything else lol. I probably get flame for this but I do like 99 chicken in San Jose better than bon chon tho.

Wish he had decent places for Cuban food. I've been craving it since coming back to Sac from the East coast.

No flame, 99 chicken is the goods. I like the fact that they use some grownass chickens vs. the baby chicks they serve elsewhere.

Last edited:
How spicy are the bonchon wings? I feel like I may not enjoy them after they get too spicy.

As someone who doesn't have a high tolerance for spicy food. I'd say was somewhat spicy but bearable

I've had wings that had me in tears and sweating for a few minutes though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom