Sacramento Kings off-season thread

pimp.gif

i actually really like Stauskas, besides his defense. It was just a wierd pick considering who else was available.  

im all for it if his offensive game translates and he can improve his D.  He also seems to be a really good passer and plays the pick n roll well.

i think i would have rather moved down in the draft and taken James Young. This **** is just baffling to me.

and Pete actually just said they thought about moving up in the draft to get Stauskas 
roll.gif

I'm pretty sure Pete was worried Charlotte would take him next.

Like if we didn't pick him at 8, he likely would have been gone within the next few selections

What's done is done lol

There's a reason why Pete is at where he's at so hopefully it works out

If this turns out bad, Pete we'll be coming for you :lol:

Draft 3.0

On the bright side....

remember when Kevin Martin was hurt in 09 when Kenny Natt was our coach??

at least John Salmons isn't our best player anymore....

so there's something we can hang our hat on I guess

I just get the gut feeling we will end up starting next year with an overpayed selfish Point Guard and and a lame PF with a bad contract (JT and/or Landry)

That was a given prior to tonight

It's been rumored that we'll match anything near 6 mil a year for the pizza guy unless some stupid team offers him more than that

We could probably get rid of one of the lame PF by opening night but both lol that's a stretch

Petrie where are u :nerd:

I was hoping we draft a PF though
sick.gif
So was I.  I wanted Vonleh before the Lottery even happened.  Then i thought there was no chance Kings could get him without moving into the top 4-5.  Then they had him in their hands and blew it.

Poor DMC gonna have to go another season with a bunch of scrubs in the front court with him 
frown.gif

unless they can get John Hensen or someone like that

Mark my words Stauskas will be solid. If B Mac is on the team he'll overtake him after 2 months.

As far as the pf position...I would be ecstatic if we could somehow grab someone like Asik and move boogie down to pf.

Last edited:
I wanted smart, but he was gone. I'm glad the Lakers took Randle because I didn't want us to take him if he fell to us. I don't mind our draft pick, but I also liked Jimmer. I really like guards that can shoot and if they're cocky, then even better.

I think Stauskas will be legit, but it was a dumb pick at #8. There was talented players available that better fit our needs.

Like E Payton, a pass first PG who also happens to be a lockdown defender (Basically the anti pizza guy)

And Vonleh, a stretch 4 that can block some shots and stretch the floor to open up the paint for Cousins.

But we don't need a rookie that will be solid in two years, I thought this new regime was going for wins now? In my opinion this was a frustrating draft just like when Petrie was gm :smh: our pick was an asset which we wasted on an unproven rookie AGAIN

Last edited:
I wanted to hop on the Payton bandwagon, but I gotta be honest, I watched literally ZERO minutes of Louisiana Lafayette 
laugh.gif

other than reading draft previews and listening to the experts speak on Payton, I know nothing about the guy.

Back
Top Bottom