***Scammed in Fremont, CA - Can anyone get info on the guy? - INFO inside***

Next time take multiple pictures and get finger prints. Blood sample if possible.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by CWrite78

we needs pics. either you dudes are dumb as hell, or dude must have went all out to make the wood + garbage can to look like a tv.
there is no OR situation here.

Those dudes are dumb as hell.  That is the ONLY explanation.

OP if you and your boys are lookin to buy anything else on the cheap, let me know.  I got the hookups on anything you might want at fire sale prices.  The only condition is that it has to be a cash transaction and you have to hand over the money without inpsecting the product.

OP i think i found the guy.

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by CWrite78

we needs pics. either you dudes are dumb as hell, or dude must have went all out to make the wood + garbage can to look like a tv.
there is no OR situation here.

Those dudes are dumb as hell.  That is the ONLY explanation.

OP if you and your boys are lookin to buy anything else on the cheap, let me know.  I got the hookups on anything you might want at fire sale prices.  The only condition is that it has to be a cash transaction and you have to hand over the money without inpsecting the product.

Okay
indifferent.gif

Don't act like you would never do it when its clear thats what unfolded here 
laugh.gif

Next time take multiple pictures and get finger prints. Blood sample if possible.

Just reading the first few sentences, I knew exactly where the story was going.
laugh.gif

That sucks, but you and your friends are so incredibly naive.

My friends got scammed from an African-American man in a silver accord in Fremont, CA in Automall. He pulled up to us offering to sell 55'' Samsung LED   TV's "worth" $2499 according to the price tag. We were curious and had no intent on buying so we asked how much. He said $700 each so my friends got interested asap. My two friends realized that the max they can take out is $300 each. So the guy agreed and said he'll do 2 for $550. We figured the tv's were stolen and he just wanted to get rid of them asap. So we get to the bank, he acts fishy and nervous. He basically lies into our face and tells us the deal is legit. He swears by it and everything. Tells us we can call the cops with his info if he's a fraud. Tells us that if the TV's don't work he'll give us a refund. So he loads the 2 TV's in my friend's truck and he can't push the TV's in all the way since something is blocking it. He then goes "man y'all figure this out, I gotta get back  to work" and he shakes. We go to our friends house and carry one in. I inspect it because it looks too thin for a tv. It turns our it was a piece of wood with black garbage bag all over it. He used a Direct TV pamhplet and cut it and placed it on the wood to make it looks like stickers. It also had a remote and extension cord in the back so it looked legit from a distance.

He claimed he worked at Best Buy in the back.

Here's his info, I highly doubt it was his real name. And his license plate I bet was from another vehicle.

Jamal Wells
cell: 5109438267
lp: 6KGN020

CLIFFNOTES:
-Guy sells 2 TV's to my freind for a total of $550
-"TV's" were wrapped in bubble wrap to fool us
-We go to a friends house and open the TV's
-The TV's are actually a board of wood with black garbage bag, and direct TV pamphlet cut outs as stickers, TV cord was an extension cord.
- I would have been a victim to this crackhead if I had the funds in my bank account too
frown.gif

We thought about everything and about the signs he was a scam, we're aware of "if it's too good to be true, it probably is". Is there anything that can be done besides taking an L? Please let me know if NT detectives can get any info on the guy. He's had to have done t
his before. 

They handed money over to a random that allegedly had two 55" LCD TVs in a Silver Honda Accord
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

victim.

Seriously? You guys didn't even bother to inspect it first?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You guys were just asking for an L...

lol this is too funny. they deserved to get got if they fell for that.

everytime i go to the dry cleaners there is always a dude selling "laptops" "iMacs" "Flatscreens", you should know not to mess with em.

How the hell did he fit two... two... two... two 55" TV boxes in an accord......
roll.gif
I bet the box said 32" on it or something.
roll.gif

sounds like a fishy story...two tv's in a honda accord?!?!?!? doubt it son.
BUT..if it is true..I don't know how you all could have fell for that.. a 12 year old has better common sense...who the hell buys something without even looking at it, more or less off the street.

The number he gave us works but it's a cell number. We called it to see if the number was real and it was. Any other tips bro? We plan to do the last part
devil.gif
1) what kind of phone service was it?

2) post pics and I can help you from here!

Wow uhm take the L man..and come onnn you didnt even look at the thing first.......come on.......................................come on.

Back
Top Bottom