scripture of the day

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God -- that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

- 1 Corinthians 1:30 (NIV)

I don't think you can get forgiveness for killing yourself. Read up on it. There is only one God as I stated before. God is the tree and roots. We are the leaves, twigs, branches and buds on that tree. Notice how so many religions are just alike in certain ways? God is the root and the tree. We need to get closer to him and remain intact. Not break off and try to grow elsewhere.

Except the difference is, you think everyone else is going to Hell except people from your own religion. Even then, there is no guarantee for yourself.Essentially, all of us are going to Hell because in some other religions eyes, you are a sinner.

Originally Posted by roman736

honestly, why do you find this so discomforting?
everyone has their own beliefs, obviously you following yours.
and logic would say you believe your beliefs to be real and tangible in the world around you.
lets say everyone was superimposed with a single reality or truth.
uniqueness would disapear and we'd lose our identities as humans.

of course humans aren't perfect, not every Christian is an complete accurate representation.
promote tolerance and stop hating.

Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create theheavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.

Holy Qur'an [52:36-37)

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

I don't think you can get forgiveness for killing yourself. Read up on it. There is only one God as I stated before. God is the tree and roots. We are the leaves, twigs, branches and buds on that tree. Notice how so many religions are just alike in certain ways? God is the root and the tree. We need to get closer to him and remain intact. Not break off and try to grow elsewhere.

Except the difference is, you think everyone else is going to Hell except people from your own religion. Even then, there is no guarantee for yourself. Essentially, all of us are going to Hell because in some other religions eyes, you are a sinner.

Yeah I am a sinner. I never said who was going where. I said I don't think there is forgiveness for suicide. And as for other religions and beliefs, Idon't know. That's up to God, not me. I hope everyone who deserves Heaven goes. Stop labeling me with that. If you want to converse and find out moreabout me and what I believe rather then cliff notes then PM me bro.

Proverbs 25:28

Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Except the difference is, you think everyone else is going to Hell except people from your own religion. Even then, there is no guarantee for yourself. Essentially, all of us are going to Hell because in some other religions eyes, you are a sinner.

Yeah I am a sinner. I never said who was going where. I said I don't think there is forgiveness for suicide. And as for other religions and beliefs, I don't know. That's up to God, not me. I hope everyone who deserves Heaven goes. Stop labeling me with that. If you want to converse and find out more about me and what I believe rather then cliff notes then PM me bro.

I'd like to jump in on this.

The ten commandments says "Thou shalt not kill." - Exodus 20:13

You may come to a point in your life where you feel the only way out is through suicide. The fact is we as humans act too much upon our feelings rather than asincere thought out action. We can't rely on feelings. Emotions are like roller coasters always going a different direction.

Now with that said back to the point. If we were to commit suicide that means we have given up on all hope. It proves as a testiment to others that we arewiser than God and that He can't help us. When you resort to suicide you have set your mind that there is no way out. No man can help, and God cannot helpeither. But the opposite is true...

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:13-15
(13) And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
(14) If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
(15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

No matter how big or small your problem is always seek the Lord in prayer. He will comfort you and will provide an answer to you. Remember this is in God'stime, not ours.

And now about the other religions doomed to hell...

Well here's the thing. There will be lots of people in heaven from all kinds of religions. Nobody can say for certain if another man will rise with Jesusat the second coming of Christ. If we are to come to that conclusion we are yet again wiser than God so to speak. Leave the judgement up to your heavenlyFather and not to a sinner (humans).

There is a difference between judging and facts though. If you are caught stealing, you are a thief. FACT - If I say you're a thief that does not meanI'm judging you. I'm just stating the facts which were provided to me through your actions.

However for us to decide who is going to heaven or not is not our duty. Man looks on the outside, but God looks at the heart. If our heart is right with God,then our actions will also be in accordance to His law.

Rather than argue with each other about which religion is right or wrong, why not just love your brethren? We must not take this lightly. Our job on this earthis to spread Christs love for us and share it with others. If we spend the whole time quarreling with each other about this how much love have we shown?That's right none. We should on the other hand research the Bible ourselves and ask God to show us what is right. Don't follow something just becauseyour parents raised you that way or you just want to do what your friends are doing. You must discover it for yourself through personal study and prayer toGod. He will show you the truth.

I'll end by saying this. Whatever religion you choose, compare it to the Bible. If even one thing doesn't match up in accordance to Gods word, it'stime to move on.

I do believe there is one true religion, and I believe I have found it. It's up to you to find out for yourself though.

Originally Posted by abernja

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Yeah I am a sinner. I never said who was going where. I said I don't think there is forgiveness for suicide. And as for other religions and beliefs, I don't know. That's up to God, not me. I hope everyone who deserves Heaven goes. Stop labeling me with that. If you want to converse and find out more about me and what I believe rather then cliff notes then PM me bro.

I'd like to jump in on this.

The ten commandments says "Thou shalt not kill." - Exodus 20:13

You may come to a point in your life where you feel the only way out is through suicide. The fact is we as humans act too much upon our feelings rather than a sincere thought out action. We can't rely on feelings. Emotions are like roller coasters always going a different direction.

Now with that said back to the point. If we were to commit suicide that means we have given up on all hope. It proves as a testiment to others that we are wiser than God and that He can't help us. When you resort to suicide you have set your mind that there is no way out. No man can help, and God cannot help either. But the opposite is true...

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:13-15
(13) And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
(14) If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
(15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

No matter how big or small your problem is always seek the Lord in prayer. He will comfort you and will provide an answer to you. Remember this is in God's time, not ours.

And now about the other religions doomed to hell...

Well here's the thing. There will be lots of people in heaven from all kinds of religions. Nobody can say for certain if another man will rise with Jesus at the second coming of Christ. If we are to come to that conclusion we are yet again wiser than God so to speak. Leave the judgement up to your heavenly Father and not to a sinner (humans).

There is a difference between judging and facts though. If you are caught stealing, you are a thief. FACT - If I say you're a thief that does not mean I'm judging you. I'm just stating the facts which were provided to me through your actions.

However for us to decide who is going to heaven or not is not our duty. Man looks on the outside, but God looks at the heart. If our heart is right with God, then our actions will also be in accordance to His law.

Rather than argue with each other about which religion is right or wrong, why not just love your brethren? We must not take this lightly. Our job on this earth is to spread Christs love for us and share it with others. If we spend the whole time quarreling with each other about this how much love have we shown? That's right none. We should on the other hand research the Bible ourselves and ask God to show us what is right. Don't follow something just because your parents raised you that way or you just want to do what your friends are doing. You must discover it for yourself through personal study and prayer to God. He will show you the truth.

I'll end by saying this. Whatever religion you choose, compare it to the Bible. If even one thing doesn't match up in accordance to Gods word, it's time to move on.

I do believe there is one true religion, and I believe I have found it. It's up to you to find out for yourself though.

Wow. Thank you! That's pretty much what I was aiming for. You know I can't stand when they say we're judging just because we say something iswrong. If something is the truth then let it be heard. Same with me, if I'm living wrong I hope someone tells me so I can correct myself. Now if someonetells you or me that we're going to hell then that's judging.

Nice scriptures though
pimp.gif

"Whosoever chooses to follow guidance follows it for his owngood; whosoever goes astray, goes astray to his own loss." Holy Qur'an (17: 15)

Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.

- 1 Corinthians 15:1

Everybody wanna quote the bible, but nobody wanna quote the scriptures that blatantly perpetuate hate, slavery, misogyny, and ignorance.:D

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

The religion of slaves, a lot of my ancestors killed themselves before they subjected to this mess.

Last edited:
Favorite verse of all time:

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." - Proverbs 14:12

So cold blooded. It screams, HUMBLE YOURSELF !!!

Last edited:
Everybody wanna quote the bible, but nobody wanna quote the scriptures that blatantly perpetuate hate, slavery, misogyny, and ignorance.:D

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

The religion of slaves, a lot of my ancestors killed themselves before they subjected to this mess.

So if your child tries to pull the wheel while you are driving, wouldn't you scold them for doing such a thing? I use that as an example because I actually did that when I was young, I did it to see what would happen if you ask me why.

And if thats what you look for when then you my friend are reading it for the wrong reasons. The Bible holds the key to life and death, good and evil, it has documented some of the worst atrocities to happen in mankind, but thats not the point, its sort of like when Cam'Ron said he raps about violence because thats what really happens in the hood. Stop looking for the negative, search for the good.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. -Matt. 7:7

Last edited:
So if your child tries to pull the wheel while you are driving, wouldn't you scold them for doing such a thing? I use that as an example because I actually did that when I was young, I did it to see what would happen if you ask me why.

And if thats what you look for when then you my friend are reading it for the wrong reasons. The Bible holds the key to life and death, good and evil, it has documented some of the worst atrocities to happen in mankind, but thats not the point, its sort of like when Cam'Ron said he raps about violence because thats what really happens in the hood. Stop looking for the negative, search for the good.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. -Matt. 7:7

LULZ, people can't possibly be this stupid

How about I just don't use a work for fiction to dictate life and death chief. :D

Back
Top Bottom