SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

we face the eagles Week 13 on Thrusday night
  Good thing the Hawks got Tarvaris. Phew! That could've been bad.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

@#$# the Eagles, we'll still beat them
laugh.gif

At least that game is going to be at home. Our schedule is rough this year though.....

laugh.gif

At least that game is going to be at home. Our schedule is rough this year though.....

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

laugh.gif

Our schedule is disgusting this year. Eagles, Ravens, @ Steelers, Falcons, @ Giants, @ Dallas, @ Chicago. Lets not even act like the Cards might not actually be a better team.

Whats good about a majority of the these games, were at home. But that Steelers game? Yeah thats not gonna be pretty
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The crazy thing about this season is the unknown. We don't know what we're gonna get outta Tavarius, but people are saying that he's coming with something to prove. We've got the weapons for him and now the protection. But man I wish to start making some more moves to get some Defensive players. We were in the bottom in Opp passing yards, and run defense.

laugh.gif

Our schedule is disgusting this year. Eagles, Ravens, @ Steelers, Falcons, @ Giants, @ Dallas, @ Chicago. Lets not even act like the Cards might not actually be a better team.

Whats good about a majority of the these games, were at home. But that Steelers game? Yeah thats not gonna be pretty
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The crazy thing about this season is the unknown. We don't know what we're gonna get outta Tavarius, but people are saying that he's coming with something to prove. We've got the weapons for him and now the protection. But man I wish to start making some more moves to get some Defensive players. We were in the bottom in Opp passing yards, and run defense.

It's that first place scheduling. Seattle is going to be a better team than last year and their record might not even show though. The huge key is to win in your division.

Thankfully, the rest of the West still has to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Cleveland and Cincinnati will be very winnable.

It's that first place scheduling. Seattle is going to be a better team than last year and their record might not even show though. The huge key is to win in your division.

Thankfully, the rest of the West still has to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Cleveland and Cincinnati will be very winnable.

We need to reel in a CB fast. A good one too. Hopefully they can pick up Asante or something. My fingers are still crossed for Cromartie.

I just don't want another Kelly Jennings
indifferent.gif

We need someone fast and athletic at that position, Tru is getting old.

We need to reel in a CB fast. A good one too. Hopefully they can pick up Asante or something. My fingers are still crossed for Cromartie.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

I doubt Cro with Nnamdi to the eagles, now the Jets have to keep him.

Tarvarius will start against the Chargers.

RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll expects Tarvaris Jackson to be the Seahawks' starting quarterback on opening day.

"In this situation, to make things the most competitive for our team, Tarvaris needs to be our starter right now," Carroll said Saturday morning during his first media availability of Seattle's training camp. "He comes in as our starter, he's going to own that position."

Jackson signed a two-year deal with the Seahawks on Friday, and then watched Saturday's practice in shorts and a T-shirt, unable to participate in camp until Thursday, when a new collective bargaining agreement is expected to be ratified.

Carroll says Jackson's familiarity with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell gave the newcomer the edge. Jackson and Bevell worked together in Minnesota from 2006-10.

"He's really good to work with; very detailed in his work," Jackson said of Bevell. "He makes sure to point out key things. This is a different experience for both of us, so it might be a different Bevell. I can't say exactly how it's going to be."

Jackson alternated between starter and backup during five seasons with the Minnesota Vikings from 2006 through 2010, starting 20 games and throwing almost as many interceptions (22) as touchdowns (24).

Carroll said Charlie Whitehurst will compete for the starting job once he gets caught up on Bevell's offense.

The coach said the Seahawks' thought process changed regarding the quarterback position during the 4½-month lockout.

The need to create continuity became important because of how little time there is to prepare. That's where Jackson's familiarity with Bevell came in.

"We realized that if we could sign Tarvaris, who's been with Darrell for five years, we can hit it running full speed," Carroll said. "If you can imagine, we only have seven days between (when Jackson can first practice) and our first game."

That game will be played on Aug. 11 in San Diego, when the Seahawks head south to take on the Chargers. Under rules ending the lockout, free agents who have signed new contracts may not practice until Thursday, when the new league year will take effect.

"It's tough, standing out here watching these guys out here competing," Jackson said. "You want to be out there with them and show them what you're about. Those are the rules right now, and I'm just trying to do as much as I can."

When Jackson does get on the field, he'll be throwing to one of his favorite targets -- former Vikings teammate Sidney Rice, who also was acquired this offseason by the Seahawks. On Friday, Rice's five-year contract was also made official.

"He was in the same offense I was in, so there's not a lot of turnover," Jackson said.

Still, Carroll had reason to be unhappy -- four potential starters were standing around in shirts and shorts under the same circumstances. Not only were Jackson and Rice unable to practice, but new left guard Robert Gallery and defensive tackle Alan Branch, acquired from the Oakland Raiders and Arizona Cardinals respectively, were under league-year limitations.

indifferent.gif

I doubt Cro with Nnamdi to the eagles, now the Jets have to keep him.

Tarvarius will start against the Chargers.

RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll expects Tarvaris Jackson to be the Seahawks' starting quarterback on opening day.

"In this situation, to make things the most competitive for our team, Tarvaris needs to be our starter right now," Carroll said Saturday morning during his first media availability of Seattle's training camp. "He comes in as our starter, he's going to own that position."

Jackson signed a two-year deal with the Seahawks on Friday, and then watched Saturday's practice in shorts and a T-shirt, unable to participate in camp until Thursday, when a new collective bargaining agreement is expected to be ratified.

Carroll says Jackson's familiarity with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell gave the newcomer the edge. Jackson and Bevell worked together in Minnesota from 2006-10.

"He's really good to work with; very detailed in his work," Jackson said of Bevell. "He makes sure to point out key things. This is a different experience for both of us, so it might be a different Bevell. I can't say exactly how it's going to be."

Jackson alternated between starter and backup during five seasons with the Minnesota Vikings from 2006 through 2010, starting 20 games and throwing almost as many interceptions (22) as touchdowns (24).

Carroll said Charlie Whitehurst will compete for the starting job once he gets caught up on Bevell's offense.

The coach said the Seahawks' thought process changed regarding the quarterback position during the 4½-month lockout.

The need to create continuity became important because of how little time there is to prepare. That's where Jackson's familiarity with Bevell came in.

"We realized that if we could sign Tarvaris, who's been with Darrell for five years, we can hit it running full speed," Carroll said. "If you can imagine, we only have seven days between (when Jackson can first practice) and our first game."

That game will be played on Aug. 11 in San Diego, when the Seahawks head south to take on the Chargers. Under rules ending the lockout, free agents who have signed new contracts may not practice until Thursday, when the new league year will take effect.

"It's tough, standing out here watching these guys out here competing," Jackson said. "You want to be out there with them and show them what you're about. Those are the rules right now, and I'm just trying to do as much as I can."

When Jackson does get on the field, he'll be throwing to one of his favorite targets -- former Vikings teammate Sidney Rice, who also was acquired this offseason by the Seahawks. On Friday, Rice's five-year contract was also made official.

"He was in the same offense I was in, so there's not a lot of turnover," Jackson said.

Still, Carroll had reason to be unhappy -- four potential starters were standing around in shirts and shorts under the same circumstances. Not only were Jackson and Rice unable to practice, but new left guard Robert Gallery and defensive tackle Alan Branch, acquired from the Oakland Raiders and Arizona Cardinals respectively, were under league-year limitations.

I think you guys will like Tarvaris. I hope he doesn't make me look stupid.

Well its either him or Whitehurst and no one in seattle wants that Hobo as my QB.

I've been wondering, why do you post in this thread so much aren't you a Vikings fan?
laugh.gif

Or are you more of a Tarvarius fan and just want him to succeed somewhere?

Either way hey we appreciate the support
pimp.gif

I think you guys will like Tarvaris. I hope he doesn't make me look stupid.

Well its either him or Whitehurst and no one in seattle wants that Hobo as my QB.

I've been wondering, why do you post in this thread so much aren't you a Vikings fan?
laugh.gif

Or are you more of a Tarvarius fan and just want him to succeed somewhere?

Either way hey we appreciate the support
pimp.gif

Grew up in Seattle and have lived all but 6 years of my life here. I listen to sports radio, I watch the games, and Seattle teams is what's always available so I know a lot about them.

I've pretty much converted to a full Mariners fan because of what we grew up with. Niehaus, Rizzs, Griffery, Edgar...Etc. Can't say the same about the Vikings though. My dad was from Minny and brainwashed me from a young age. Vikings really stuck. Diehard through and through, that definitely won't change.

Now, the Seahawks just so happen to have Tarvaris and Sidney, which makes me show up even more. Regardless of me following Minnesota teams, Seattle teams are def appreciated.

So yeah, that's my history.
laugh.gif

P.S. Tarvaris is my boy (don't really know know him) and I do want him to succeed. I can be objective about him and tell you he probably won't amount to a franchise QB ever, but he does have talent and at this point in their respective careers, should be an upgrade over Matt. The kid has talent...It's just his consistency that's held him back.

Grew up in Seattle and have lived all but 6 years of my life here. I listen to sports radio, I watch the games, and Seattle teams is what's always available so I know a lot about them.

I've pretty much converted to a full Mariners fan because of what we grew up with. Niehaus, Rizzs, Griffery, Edgar...Etc. Can't say the same about the Vikings though. My dad was from Minny and brainwashed me from a young age. Vikings really stuck. Diehard through and through, that definitely won't change.

Now, the Seahawks just so happen to have Tarvaris and Sidney, which makes me show up even more. Regardless of me following Minnesota teams, Seattle teams are def appreciated.

So yeah, that's my history.
laugh.gif

P.S. Tarvaris is my boy (don't really know know him) and I do want him to succeed. I can be objective about him and tell you he probably won't amount to a franchise QB ever, but he does have talent and at this point in their respective careers, should be an upgrade over Matt. The kid has talent...It's just his consistency that's held him back.

You got me on the train Paul, I really hope Tarvaris shines....He's already a step ahead of CW having his OC here with him, He was officially named the starter for the preseason so I hope it works out

Anybody hearing about Lofa not in camp yet cause of a contract situation? and a possible release?

After the Clayton tweet about our CB situation, doesnt seem we'll pull a big name hope we still grab someone...doesnt seem like we have much depth in the secondary

You got me on the train Paul, I really hope Tarvaris shines....He's already a step ahead of CW having his OC here with him, He was officially named the starter for the preseason so I hope it works out

Anybody hearing about Lofa not in camp yet cause of a contract situation? and a possible release?

After the Clayton tweet about our CB situation, doesnt seem we'll pull a big name hope we still grab someone...doesnt seem like we have much depth in the secondary

Hey its all good Paul any support works for me. Seahawks have to be the smallest demographic in the sports forum
laugh.gif

We def got issues with our secondary, but its seems our defensive line is coming together according to Carroll.

ENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks' thinking on their defensive line came into clearer focus Saturday.

The newly signed Alan Branch will indeed back up Red Bryant at defensive end, but that's not all. Branch also projects at defensive tackle and could start at the three-technique spot. The versatile Brandon Mebane will move back to nose tackle, a position he played early in his career. Mebane recently signed a long-term contract to remain with the team.

What does Mebane's move mean for veteran nose tackle Colin Cole? Coach Pete Carroll was vague, noting that Cole would be sidelined indefinitely while recovering from an ankle injury.

"It would be great to have him competing at the spot if he’s right because we know he’s played," Carroll said.

Carroll was much more effusive about Branch, who signed in free agency from Arizona.

"Alan Branch was a really important guy to get," Carroll said. "He tore us up last year. He is a guy that has not been maybe recognized yet and we're hoping to bring him out. He’s one of those guys that needs to emerge into the talent level and the potential that he has. Hopefully we’re going to be able to do that and he’ll help us. "

Carroll envisions Mebane and Branch pairing together on the interior. Branch will also back up Bryant.

"He has a unique body type, a monster of a guy, 6-5 and 330, just like Red," Carroll said. "We think where it was difficult in the draft to find that guy, we have been looking for this guy to come to us. We thought he had the ability to fill that dual role for us."

I am really hoping that Asante find his way to us, and maybe Cro wants to hit the free agent market and see what he could get.

Anyone heading to the home opener against Arizona? I'm thinking about getting some tickets

Hey its all good Paul any support works for me. Seahawks have to be the smallest demographic in the sports forum
laugh.gif

We def got issues with our secondary, but its seems our defensive line is coming together according to Carroll.

ENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks' thinking on their defensive line came into clearer focus Saturday.

The newly signed Alan Branch will indeed back up Red Bryant at defensive end, but that's not all. Branch also projects at defensive tackle and could start at the three-technique spot. The versatile Brandon Mebane will move back to nose tackle, a position he played early in his career. Mebane recently signed a long-term contract to remain with the team.

What does Mebane's move mean for veteran nose tackle Colin Cole? Coach Pete Carroll was vague, noting that Cole would be sidelined indefinitely while recovering from an ankle injury.

"It would be great to have him competing at the spot if he’s right because we know he’s played," Carroll said.

Carroll was much more effusive about Branch, who signed in free agency from Arizona.

"Alan Branch was a really important guy to get," Carroll said. "He tore us up last year. He is a guy that has not been maybe recognized yet and we're hoping to bring him out. He’s one of those guys that needs to emerge into the talent level and the potential that he has. Hopefully we’re going to be able to do that and he’ll help us. "

Carroll envisions Mebane and Branch pairing together on the interior. Branch will also back up Bryant.

"He has a unique body type, a monster of a guy, 6-5 and 330, just like Red," Carroll said. "We think where it was difficult in the draft to find that guy, we have been looking for this guy to come to us. We thought he had the ability to fill that dual role for us."

I am really hoping that Asante find his way to us, and maybe Cro wants to hit the free agent market and see what he could get.

Anyone heading to the home opener against Arizona? I'm thinking about getting some tickets

Back
Top Bottom