SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

At the very worst, the Hawks will franchise Wagner next year. It's all good.
It's goona be the non-exclusive rights tender, the exclusive rights tender would cost 13-15m/yr since it's avg salary of current top 5 LB's and that would be too much. Non-exclusive rights would be average of last 5 years and also would allow Wagz to seek a deal from another team which Hawks get right to first refusal to match, and if any other team signs him/the Hawks don't want to match, Hawks gets two 1st round picks from that team and Wagz would probably have to be overpaid to not get matched.

probably want to avoid using the tag tho since i think the tag doesn't differentiate 3-4 / 4-3 linebackers and olb and mlb...guessing the tag number is high

yeah too many folks overreacting to the Wagner tweet.

Plenty $$$ still left to secure him within a top at his position range

But understanding the player's perspective is one thing. Giving into his demands is something else entirely, and the Seahawks simply can't afford to go around handing out raises just because a guy might deserve it. That's true not only because there is a salary cap that limits the money a team can allot to its payroll in a given year, but because to give one guy a raise when he threatens not to report for the start of a season makes it that much harder to convince the next guy to honor his contract when he feels underpaid.

Precedent. That's the word that is used in these instances, and now Seattle's dealings with Marshawn Lynch last year are being cited as a precedent for the team giving in to a player's demands.

Just one problem with that: Seattle didn't give in. Not according to what I was told last August after Lynch reported and not what was reiterated to me this week. While Lynch's contract was adjusted last year with some performance bonuses being turned into base salary, I was told specifically that Seattle had already offered to make those adjustments previously in the offseason. No one from Lynch's side ever disputed that description. In other words, Seattle didn't give Lynch more because he held out. Rather, he accepted what had already been offered.
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2790025/Kam-Chancellor-the-Seahawks-and-the-price-of-success-in-the-NFL

JS & PC
pimp.gif
, the best out here doin' it man.

Bobby could be talking about other teammates in his tweet as well

Wags is too much of a priority to not get taken care of

Oh well Irvin just isn't worth it only shows up half the time and makes terrible jokes
I actually really like Irvin and wish we could keep him but I think it's unlikely.

He hasn't been put in an ideal situation from a positional perspective since they keep moving him around, but he's done everything he's been asked to do and been extremely versatile.  

All 14 open practice sessions of 2015 Seahawks Training Camp presented by Bing are sold out to the general public. But if you're still looking for a way to catch an early glimpse of the action at Renton's Virginia Mason Athletic Center, the team is offering a couple options to help give you a front-row seat.
On Friday, July 31 - the first day of Seahawks training camp - Q13 FOX (channel 13 in Seattle) will be broadcasting practice live starting at 10 a.m. PT
Q13 fox for locals.

Online live stream: http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Terms for Russell Wilson’s extension: $31M to sign. Base salaries: $700K in ’15, $12.34M in ’16, $12.6M in ’17, $15.5M in ’18, $17M in ’19.
Cap hits per year: $6.95M, $18.54M, $18.8M, $21.75M, and $23.2M.

Last edited:
Lock up Bobby and kick Okung to the curb after this season.

Stoked to have Russ for the years to come. Good structuring be his team too -- puts him in FA again at age 30. He'll likely end up getting another monster deal.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The guarantee for #Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner is $22M, to go with four years, $43M. A monster deal.
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

At $10.75M per year, Bobby Wagner becomes highest-paid MLB in the history of the NFL. The #Panthers and Luke Kuechly are up next.
Paul Allen@PaulGAllen

@Seahawks pic of @Bwagz54 and John Schneider tonight after extension contract inked. #GoHawks
Mike Rob was the first one to break the news.
pimp.gif

Bruce Irvin@BIrvin_WVU11  

Yall crazy if u think I'm not gon go get mines! Ain't no fun if the homies can't get none!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reading the numbers on Wagner's contract is just mind blowing in the sense that he is, at worst, the second best middle linebacker in the NFL, and his contract is only $43 million with about half guaranteed. Man, NFL players are woefully underpaid.

Back
Top Bottom