Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

you guys here the latest thing people are trying to pull to stop this. Apparently paying $2-3 more a year on property taxes is to much SMH sometime i hate this area
Not trying to derail this thread, but Sacto in 2006 voted down a $0.0025 sales tax increase
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its been said that even if its for cancer research people would still vote it down
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

you guys here the latest thing people are trying to pull to stop this. Apparently paying $2-3 more a year on property taxes is to much SMH sometime i hate this area
Not trying to derail this thread, but Sacto in 2006 voted down a $0.0025 sales tax increase
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its been said that even if its for cancer research people would still vote it down
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Jesus Christ SAC smh....

I was reading it might be even cheaper than that
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Jesus Christ SAC smh....
The city of Sac or me???
laugh.gif

Most people won't even know they're paying an extra dollar. If the arena happens and they build the Seattle version of LA live Sodo will be 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
They start the Seahawks parking lot project next year.

k53ezc.jpg

5dkwvs.png

If its brought to a vote they will
laugh.gif
and most are mindless sheep and see a tax raise and will vote no. its stupid.

In the event we do get a team back, will we still get the name "Sonics"? Do we get the history back? Will we have to "purchase" our history back? How will that work?

I know we're still a LONG way from that, but just thinking out-loud.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

In the event we do get a team back, will we still get the name "Sonics"? Do we get the history back? Will we have to "purchase" our history back? How will that work?

I know we're still a LONG way from that, but just thinking out-loud.
From what I understand, I could be wrong
laugh.gif

but Clay owns the name, logo and we share the history. If we get a team the name and logo is ours

If we get a team, we would have to purchase or Clay give it to us to fully own it back, or else we continue to share it....Which is confusing as hell, if that's correct

laugh.gif
that'll be interesting to see if Bennett tries to make you guys pay for it
30t6p3b.gif

If he's willing to give up the name and logo, he should do the same with the history.

It's not like OKC fans want the Sonics history.

but as always there is money to be made
30t6p3b.gif

He's a shrewd businessman... so he'll probably make us buy-back our history at a premium too.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Jesus Christ SAC smh....
I swear the voters of Sacramento County are out of their minds. They want improvements and jobs to improve the economy within Sacramento, yet they cry about the smallest tax increase.

I addressed it a few pages back. The team would be called the Sonics, Hansen will try and buy back the rest of the history from OKC (it's currently shared).

As for this silly property tax thing, it's just a ploy by people who know that as soon as the word "TAX" is thrown around, they know people will flip out. People have already flipped out because they see the word associated with the arena, when in reality it's only a tax on tickets, concessions, parking, etc. So if you don't want to pay for the arena, then don't attend a game. It's that simple.

Safeco was paid for with a hotel, restaurant and car rental tax. It was a one-half of one-percent increase. People whined and whined, but refused to look at the reality: tourists footed most of that bill. Unless you lived in a hotel and rented a car as your main form of transportation, the tax barely affected anyone.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I addressed it a few pages back. The team would be called the Sonics, Hansen will try and buy back the rest of the history from OKC (it's currently shared).
Ah, good lookin-out as I missed it.
Still fumes me that we have to buy back our own history... 
mad.gif

So, I want to move to the PNW -- mainly Seattle or Portland -- and obviously I'm an avid Thunder fan. What are the chances I would have to shank someone???

Originally Posted by buggz05

So, I want to move to the PNW -- mainly Seattle or Portland -- and obviously I'm an avid Thunder fan. What are the chances I would have to shank someone???

Go to Portland...
Originally Posted by Brandon3000

u guys deserve your team
Thanks Brandon.

Just don't wear the clothes in Seattle. I literally have not once seen a piece of Thunder memorabilia in Seattle since the move, and I go out a lot to watch sporting events. Even the front runner former Sonics fans who root for OKC (these would be people I didn't hear a peep from until this season) don't dare wear any merchandise. When I was in LA a couple months ago, OKC was playing the Clippers, and I saw people walking around with Thunder gear on, and it was the first time I'd ever seen Thunder gear in person. It's practically banned around here.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Jesus Christ SAC smh....
The city of Sac or me???
laugh.gif
The city!!!!! That is crazy. With all the cheap housing down there they can afford that percentage
tired.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Just don't wear the clothes in Seattle. I literally have not once seen a piece of Thunder memorabilia in Seattle since the move, and I go out a lot to watch sporting events. Even the front runner former Sonics fans who root for OKC (these would be people I didn't hear a peep from until this season) don't dare wear any merchandise. When I was in LA a couple months ago, OKC was playing the Clippers, and I saw people walking around with Thunder gear on, and it was the first time I'd ever seen Thunder gear in person. It's practically banned around here.
QFT i can only name one store that sells OKC stuff and i they said they barely sell any of it at all. if the wrong dude see's you in your OKC gear you could end up with a broken jaw

Jesus Christ SAC smh....
The city of Sac or me???
laugh.gif
The city!!!!! That is crazy. With all the cheap housing down there they can afford that percentage
tired.gif
You would think that, but the average, uninformed citizen of pretty much anywhere will typically vote down any proposal that will raise their taxes for whatever reason.

Apparently the new ownership group will include the Nordstrom family and Steve Ballmer. This is a really great move on Hansen’s part. Both were season ticket holders for decades with the Sonics.

Back
Top Bottom