Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 2h
One more nugget: Source says Hansen's #SeattleArena land purchase will be closer to $80 MILLION, after it exercises option on another piece.

More land? This thing is getting crazy.

Last edited:
A bidding war isn't necessarily a good thing. If it reached $700 million then how much are the lakers and Knicks worth? $1 billion? More? The TV deal is $930 million per year. What network is going to pay $2-2.5 billion for the NBA rights?

A bidding war isn't necessarily a good thing. If it reached $700 million then how much are the lakers and Knicks worth? $1 billion? More? The TV deal is $930 million per year. What network is going to pay $2-2.5 billion for the NBA rights?

So just hand over The Kings so we can end this....

Lightweight is right though... if it does get to 700 mil there will be an expansion team.

The Lakers are the NBA highest valued team...

#35 Los Angeles Lakers
Value: $900 million
Owner: Jerry Buss, Philip Anschutz

The value of the Lakers soared 40% as the purple and gold struck a deal with Time Warner that will begin next season and is valued at an average of $200 million a year, far higher than the $35 million they got under their old agreement. Time Warner will show games on two regional sports channels, one in English and one in Spanish. The Lakers have by far the biggest audience on TV, averaging 258,000 households on Fox Sports West last year.

Last edited:

Then blame the Maloofs for not accepting a penny less for a backup to the Seattle offer. As it stands now, they're being sold at a franchise value of $525 million, regardless of who gets them. Considering the Kings were one of the lowest valued franchises in the NBA, that means not a single franchise is going for less than $500 million here on out. That is insane, in and of itself.

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 18m
1-2-3-4 I SMELL A BIDDING WAR!!!!
:lol:

Tony Bizjak ‏@TonyBizjak 33m
Source close to talks sez Seattle Hansen/Balmer group may up bid to buy Kings by $25 million, after Sac group says it'll match Seattle's bid

:smokin

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 14m
Let me save you all the time-

Sacramento cannot win a bidding war with Steve Ballmer

True.

I don't think anybody doubted that.

Hell I'm not even sure why Hansen/Ballmer need to contemplate it
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL if they have given his time time to Sacramento to match an offer thats months old, its only fair for Seattle group to bid higher if they want and which they should be able to. They have done everything by the book and waited long enough. If Stern goes against the bidding then i hope him and the NBA get sued.

Ill be honest i dont want Kings fans to lose the team even though they suck but its not fair to the Seattle group who have played this fair and done everything already and be forced to wait just to give the city a chance when months ago they werent even serious about this

Seattle should get the team because they clearly have the money and should be able to up their bid how ever much they want.

LOL if they have given his time time to Sacramento to match an offer thats months old, its only fair for Seattle group to bid higher if they want and which they should be able to. They have done everything by the book and waited long enough. If Stern goes against the bidding then i hope him and the NBA get sued.

Ill be honest i dont want Kings fans to lose the team even though they suck but its not fair to the Seattle group who have played this fair and done everything already and be forced to wait just to give the city a chance when months ago they werent even serious about this

Seattle should get the team because they clearly have the money and should be able to up their bid how ever much they want.
expound on this

Right. Because Sacramento has been breaking rules and asking for too much time between January and when the owners are supposed to meet :rolleyes

^Well its kinda Sacramento's fault... they should have known the team was for sale! They had every chance to save the team!

LOL

Hansen was smart for attempting to keep this deal on the hush hush, too bad Falk's daughter leaked it.

The $30m deposit was a cool tactic too to railroad the deal thru...

It would have leaked regardless. Can't keep anything under wraps these days.
Agreed. But I think its a safe bet that Hansen would have rather the news not leaked out until the BoG meeting 
laugh.gif

best case scenario for everyone...

Seattle gets the Kings since we are waiting to break ground & Sacramento gets an expansion team in a couple years, since they still have studies that can take up to one year.

Both teams get a new start for a new era :smokin

Last edited:

Right. Because Sacramento has been breaking rules and asking for too much time between January and when the owners are supposed to meet :rolleyes

never said Sacramento broke rules. Im just saying the Seattle Group has been ready and offered up the money months ago and have been waiting. They should get a chance to beat the bid regardless. Its not fair for either team but they have given Sacramento a lot of time and what not.

never said Sacramento broke rules. Im just saying the Seattle Group has been ready and offered up the money months ago and have been waiting. They should get a chance to beat the bid regardless. Its not fair for either team but they have given Sacramento a lot of time and what not.

Shut up..

You're so uninformed you sound stupid as hell..

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 2m

Following reports of increased bids, sources highly skeptical that the NBA is willing to allow a bidding war at this time.

Seattle group officially ups Kings offer by $25m -- raising NBA record valuation to $550m, league source tells SI.com.
— Ian Thomsen (@SI_IanThomsen) April 13, 2013
[h3]An Update[/h3]
hansen-mic5_180_180.jpeg

Chris Hansen

We would like to announce that we have reached an agreement with the Maloofs to raise the price we are offering to purchase the controlling interest in the Sacramento Kings NBA franchise by $25 million — from an enterprise value of $525 million to an enterprise value of $550 million.

While we already have a binding purchase agreement to purchase the controlling interest in the team, the Seattle Ownership Group has elected to voluntarily raise its purchase price as a sign of our commitment to bring basketball back to our City and our high  degree of confidence in our Arena plan, our financing plan, the economic strength of the Seattle market, individual and corporate support for the team and, most importantly, the future of the NBA.

— Chris Hansen
At least they didn't raise the bid until after Sacramento submitted their offer.

I have a feeling this is where the 25-30 local investors comes into play after forgoing the 7%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 7m
RT @BrianMFloyd: If Stern rejects a bidding war, the owners, who stand to profit from inflated valuation, will revolt

The NBA wants a bidding war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom