Shoehead question???????????

Originally Posted by Grailman911

Originally Posted by indohan

I really don't. I've haven't been in touch with the game lately. In fact, I haven't been in touch with NT much lately.
You can blame that on the rapid appearance of kids, who discussed and asked amazingly foolish questions, in this forum.

All hatred aside, "tennis shoes = athletic shoes. It's all the same"?
LOL. Tsk tsk tsk.... NT kids never stop to amaze me.
kids???im 20 i been on NT for about 5 years now.
Look, pal. I came in here, asked you an honest question regarding Brand Jordan's tennis shoes product.
Look how ridiculous your response was. Moreover, it doesn't make the situation get any better because I didn't get my answer.
How's that so hard to say "No, they didn't make tennis shoes"?

Being in NT for 5 years? That really amazed me because nobody on NT calls the shoes as "tennis shoes", regardless of age or IQ.
The worst I've seen so far were: Jay's, J's, BREDS, RAPTORS.
None called them "tennis shoes". You claimed that you know a lot about it. Obviously you don't know one significant point that Air Jordans arebasketball shoes.
You can argue that some Jordans are casual shoes, or some Jordans are cleats. Let's face it, there's no such thing as Air Jordan with cleats in 1985.

This is the reason why I haven't been in touch with NT lately.
Started a thread just because older members say something about your sneaker knowledge. BIG
indifferent.gif
Reflect that and see how mature you were.
And, about the "kids". Yeah, 20, so what? 18 is the age where you are: not a minor driver anymore, or you can travel alone, or even buy cigarettes.
Dude, you're not even old enough to, legally, drink at your own bachelor party. Wait for another year to claim to me that you're not a kid anymore.

I dont wear jordans. I had 2 pairs and called it quits after that. Im more of a 90 or 95 man because of comfort. If I became a basket ball player then jordansall day but untill then its running sneakers, skateboarding, and Adidas shell toes for me.

I rock j's beacause i have respect for Mj, wat he did on and off the court, and because most j's are fire

i rock jordans cuz i love the shoes and it really brings me back during the good ol days. memories......

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

I rock/buy Air Jordans because I love Michael Jordan, his legacy and his sneakers.

I'm a Michael Jordan fan before I'm an Air Jordan fan. But I ain't the type of fan that would run up and hound him for an autgraph (I've heardthe stories).

He's an amazing basketball player, but he's not a god for goodness sake. I respect teachers, paramedics and social workers more than I respectathletes. The shoes are just the epitome of class and style, so that is why I like them, same as a model of car or clothes.

I buy Jordans because I like the shoes...now. When I was growing up it was more about Jordan the person. When I was in elementary/middle school everybodyreally wondered, "IS IT THE SHOES?". As a kid I had to have some because when I wore them I actually thought I was more "LIKE MIKE". Iwould step on the court with a new swag, it could be at the park, at the Y or in the yard, it didn't matter. I buy them now because they are stylish,represent an era and are nostalgic for me.

Originally Posted by indohan

Jordan making tennis shoes?! Am I missing something here?
that's what I was thinking. I was around to see the man in action (beating my blazers..) and he was just so amazing that one couldn't helpbe in awe. but also Tinkers designs, not only on J's, were such trend setters that they continue to stay in fashion till this day. rock them for whateverreason you want. I don't care. I know some older heads have an elitest view that younger folks who don't know about the legacy don't deserve towear em but that to me just doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by HobbyRockswiththewhitemilk

I was wondering how many people actually rock jordans because of his legacy????? I dont! I just rock them because Jordans are the best looking tennis shoe's out there and have been since i've known about shoes. Im asking this because i see alot of old heads on here talkin about the younger NT members saying that they dont know anything about jordan and therefore they are an abomination to the NT community. I know alot about MJ and his shoes but that really doesnt matter to me when it comes down to these kicks. NT wat do you feel about this???
Then You're the epitome of straight HYPE.
how? i dont condone hype an neither do i fall for it. i just like the kicks. its not that i dont know anything about them because i know alot!!!!!In no way am I a noob in the game. I was just thinking about that after i saw a couple post of older NT members get on younger/new NT members for not knowing what they know. You will never catch me going to buy kicks just because everyone has them. I dont deal with fusions or spizikes. I own 1 pair of Dub-zero's. how is that being a hypebeast???
If you wear jordans just because they're nice...that's fine. But that is hype, no different from a bape sweater, Crooks and castles, andsupreme clothing. The reason why I personally wear jordans is because of the amazing things he's done with them, 6 championchip rings and my all timefavorite - the Blazers vs. Bulls in the 92 final. These are the reasons why michael jeff jordan and Jordans mean a lot to me. Even watching will smith rockall the original 4 colors of the OG 5s during the 1st and 2nd seasons of fresh prince means something to me. So If you wear it just because they look good,and claim that you know "A LOT" about them, then contribute something worthwhile to NT.

The reason why I hate most NTers is because they're totally clueless on what Michael Jordan did during his career. I only have like 50 posts, but I'vebeen observing Nike talk for a good 4 years now, and I've seen the severe decline. So for you "GRAILMAN" I commend you for your bravery onspeaking your mind, but if you call jordans tennis shoes, then I think I proved my point.

I rock/buy Air Jordans because I love Michael Jordan, his legacy and his sneakers.

Couldn't agree more.. There's nothing like having on a fresh pair of Jordans right out the box...

co-sign plus the all the ones he wore on the court

alot of people wear them now because its a fad, they never even watched jordan play, and wear them also to show off and think they look cool smh

Originally Posted by homer420

yea same here i only rock the jordans that he actually wore on the court and in the movie

ok...
so you buy jordan'shoes that he wears you guys the same size and you got his number or something does he just give them to you or sell them to you?

joke

tennis shoe's is more of a general term. kind of like how some people call all sodas "coke". it doesnt mean shoe you play tennis in. i wouldthink that yall would be smart enough to know that. ive been browsing this site for at least 5 years. almost everyday!

tennis shoe's is more of a general term. kind of like how some people call all sodas "coke". it doesnt mean shoe you play tennis in. i would think that yall would be smart enough to know that. ive been browsing this site for at least 5 years. almost everyday!
The more general term is "SPORT SHOES". Visiting NT on a regular basis since 5 years ago doesn't mean you're "IN" thecommunity for 5 years.
If you don't want the older members to comment on younger members, like you, than stop doing stupid things. For instance, calling it tennis shoes, orcreate this type of thread.
This thread has nothing to do with the brand; it is not informative, and it's just pure argumentative.

Yeah, part of the reason why i purchase Jordan sneakers is because of how determined he was to get things done on the court.
I never really seen anything like it, im still young but people younger than me at times tend to talk about MJ and didnt even have the chance to see this manplay except for on YouTube. Its all good though, better late than never. If they only knew how the 90's were, beautiful decade!

well i only rock jordans cuz i like them but when i buy them i want 2 do some resarch and c how they fit in jordans legacy

why are ppl saying that wearing jordans just bcuz u like the way they look makes u a hypebeast???
like really.....MJ makes no decisions ...he doesnt even wear the shoes like that anymore
i understand that a lot of ppl like the sneakers bcuz of wut MJ did in them
but calling ppl hypebeast bcuz they dont know anything about MJ or wear them just bcuz they look gd is dummmmm
like i said b4 MJ has nothing to do with jordans anymore ....he just gets paid
and 4 him to get paid ppl that like the sneakers has to buy them
regardless if they know anything about MJ

I wear them cause I love sneakers. I actually hated Jordan during his playing days simply cause he would always torch the Knicks.

Originally Posted by maicolkickhead

why are ppl saying that wearing jordans just bcuz u like the way they look makes u a hypebeast???
like really.....MJ makes no decisions ...he doesnt even wear the shoes like that anymore
i understand that a lot of ppl like the sneakers bcuz of wut MJ did in them
but calling ppl hypebeast bcuz they dont know anything about MJ or wear them just bcuz they look gd is dummmmm
like i said b4 MJ has nothing to do with jordans anymore ....he just gets paid
and 4 him to get paid ppl that like the sneakers has to buy them
regardless if they know anything about MJ
what are you talking about....................
mad.gif
who do youknow that works for jb.......................i have been able to meet the person in charge of the player exclusives and even before he says its ok...........jordan him self has to say kool...........you are trippin if you think mj dont do nothing for his own brand
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom