Showdown: Bose VS Beats By Dre's. Who Wins?

Originally Posted by RedMan

I never understood why there is so much hate towards Bose.

This.
nerd.gif

Beats are overpriced and their quality is garbage, can't complain about their sound though.
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

When I was younger, I just wanted the biggest bass sound available.  Now that I'm older and listen to jazz, rock, and classical music, I prefer headphones that offer nuance, precision and separation through mids, lows, and highs.  Best $100 I ever spent.

Amazon product ASIN B004PNZFZ8
819Ro4B%2BkpL._AA1500_.jpg

Bose> beats and I have actually used both
Beats got the nice bass but other then that it is comparable to ipod headphones
Bose doesn't have the extra bass boost because that's how the song is supposed to sound but
Aside from the bass beats don't compare to bose (im talking about over ear)

Originally Posted by flightman

While Beats may be considered overpriced, I've never complained or heard an owner complain about thier sound quality.

Thats because they want to justify spending their money for a name or they don't know what good quality is supposed to sound like 

What are some good brick and mortar stores to try and buy these higher quality head phones?

I'm not talking about Best Buy.

my mother just bought me a pair of Bose IE2s (early xmas gift). using them right now. definitely the best headphones ive ever had.

Spoiler [+]
dont listen to much hip hop or bass driven music if that helps.

i never heard beats

but my girl has a pair of them bose

and...

i really cannot imagine sounds actually sounding much better...

if the beats are better quality, our human ears cant hear the difference.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by RedMan

I never understood why there is so much hate towards Bose.

This.
nerd.gif

Beats are overpriced and their quality is garbage, can't complain about their sound though.
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This also applies to Bose

I didn't know much about Bose headphones, just heard people say they were good, but people also hated them.

Just checked the price, didn't know they were that expensive, for that price I'd take Beats > Bose then.

Beats by far the best if it wasn't for beats by dre none of the other companies wouldn't step there games up with there products

I'm bout to go overseas so I need a pair of dope headphones. I had the second top model Bose but they broke. The cord was mad long. Anyhow, I'm looking at these Sennheiser's since everyone raves about them.

http://www.amazon.com/Sen...id=1321380273&sr=8-5

My thing is this, what's the deal with needing an amp for headphones? I don't understand that at all. Anybody got these? And are they good for hip hop? I had no idea headphones were so damn particular

Originally Posted by staystrong

Beats by far the best if it wasn't for beats by dre none of the other companies wouldn't step there games up with there products
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're not serious, right?

Bose just arent that good. great for noise canceling but thats it.

beats by dr dre look good, sound great, noise canceling is meh. now are beats worth the retail price? heck no if you can get 50% off then your good.

Sennheiser, audio technica, shure, beyerdynamic, grado, denon, ultrasone, etymotic, klipsch, westone, ultimate ears >>>> over priced garbage

Etymotic in-ears > anything and they are under a $100. If you live near etymotic research I believe you can get them custom fitted for your ears.

These are flat transparent earphones, they play what is there to play. Bose and Beats are "hyped" headphones that boost the highs and lows like an equalizer, giving you a much less transparent version of your music.

Beyerdynamic DT's are the best or one of the best over-ears. Very detailed midrange and MAD COMFORTABLE. They are like bath robes for your ears. They are twice the price of beats though. The Yamaha digital headphones are the best for around $100, forgot their name tho.

/thread

Got a good deal on my Beats Studios and am very happy with them. With my main con being that they need to have batteries in them to work.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by staystrong

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're not serious, right?

my exact thoughts........
roll.gif