Showdown: Bose VS Beats By Dre's. Who Wins?

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by flightman

While Beats may be considered overpriced, I've never complained or heard an owner complain about thier sound quality.

Thats because they want to justify spending their money for a name or they don't know what good quality is supposed to sound like 
word. was just about to say this. they aren't being honest with themselves. i own them, andthe mids are terrible as hell. mids sound like 99 cent store headphones.

and, i copped my studio's for $110 shipped. AND THEY BROKE THE FIRST WEEK I HAD THEM 
indifferent.gif
monster took care of me tho, and sent me a newer 2nd generation pair, have had them for 9 months now without problems. good customer care, once you get ahold of them. they have like one person working the customer service line, so it takes like 30-90 min on hold to reach her.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Sennheiser, audio technica, shure, beyerdynamic, grado, denon, ultrasone, etymotic, klipsch, westone, ultimate ears >>>> over priced garbage

Yup, if you do a little research you'll find tons of superior headphones(or iems) for half the price.

Before beats by dre I didn't see nobody rocking any of those headphones companies you guys mention on streets maybe sonys

I use in-ears and I've owned Sennheiser, Shures, Ultrasone, Etymotic, and have tested Beats. IMO Shure>*

I currently use a Cowon J3 as my listening/viewing device and Shure SE425 headphones.

Originally Posted by ricky409

senheiser famb checking in

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
If you just want a ****tone of bass then I guess Beats would make sense...but I'm looking for good mids and an overall sound quality. That's why I bought sennheisers. Plus, my HD203 was like ...what....$50? if you're plugging it into an amplified source that thing sounds awesome too

Originally Posted by staystrong

Before beats by dre I didn't see nobody rocking any of those headphones companies you guys mention on streets maybe sonys

Agreed though, if it wasn't for beats then headphones wouldn't be popular.

I bought a pair of Sennheisers last month and them %!$@* broke two days later after I accidentally stepped on them. I had the 500x model, very good quality for the price I paid. I bought them off Amazon, but I heard there are a lot of fake Sennheisers out there. Can anyone name some legit sites that sell Sennheisers? Any other in-ear headphones aside from the 500x model I should look for?

Bose and the Beats get so much hate cause they're entirely fueled by hype and not accurate sound.  Everyone who has the Beats likes them because of the  aesthetic value and the over the top low end.  What you're listening to with those is not what the recording engineer intended for you to hear.  If you like the altered sound so be it. However the hype that drives these products makes it out to be the best out there and its not.  It might be the best at giving you a sound that is catered to your listening habits but its not pure in the least bit.  The goal of high end audio is to provide the most accurate representation of the original recording.  Bose does the something with their products in order to up the wow factor, but you're not hearing it how you should.  Its like watching a movie for the fight scenes. Its totally fine if thats all you want to take away from it but you're missing the message or total picture.  So in essence the Beats and Bose get hate from taking away from the artist intended work because of good marketing.
If you want headphones that reproduce true sound I highly recommend the Sony MDR-7506 or MDR-V6.  These produce excellent true sound for $100.  They are standards in the music industry and have been since they were released decades ago.  I have 8 or 9 pairs of these and they have never failed me.  Additionally the Sennheiser HD-25 are great cans for $200.  

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Shure and Sennheiser ftw.

With Bose/Monster, only one thing that will lose: your wallet.

/thread (and any other similar threads that follow)

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

yea totally no one listened to music before the beats came out. 
indifferent.gif

Honestly..i have tried both Beats (in ear) and Bose (on my iPod touch right now in ear too) and i love my Bose headphones..and I only paid 50 dollars off of Amazon about a year and a half ago..I see why they're expensive..but don't complain about the price..just wait till there are serious deals on them..

I've always been a big fan of Bose products tho..they put out a good product imo..

[*]Reprints
This copy is for your personal, noncommercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers here or use the "Reprints" tool that appears next to any article. Visit www.nytreprints.com for samples and additional information. Order a reprint of this article now.

http://www.nytimes.com/adx/bin/adx_.../www.foxsearchlight.com/marthamarcymaymarlene

November 19, 2011
[h1]Headphones With Swagger (and Lots of Bass)[/h1][h6]By ANDREW J. MARTIN[/h6]

DR. DRE, the sonic architect of gangsta rap, is surrounded by a gaggle of slack-jawed journalists and micro-skirted cocktail waitresses. It’s not quite 5 in the afternoon, and already the scene is a testosterone fantasy of swaggering grooves and flowing vodka.

Dr. Dre, however, is here on business.

Born Andre Young, he was a founding member of N.W.A. and honed the sound of Snoop Dogg, Eminem and 50 Cent. But now what began as a sideline has turned into multimillion-dollar business.

Mr. Young is the pitchman for the hot new sound in — headphones. On this October day, he is headlining a media party in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan for his creations, Beats by Dr. Dre.

To the surprise of almost everyone, except him and his partners, Beats have redefined the lowly headphone, as well as how much people are willing to pay for a pair of them. A typical pair of Beats sell for about $300 — nearly 10 times the price of ear buds that come with iPods. And, despite these lean economic times, they are selling surprisingly fast.

Whether Beats are worth the money is open to debate. Reviews are mixed, but many people love them. The headphones are sleekly Apple-esque, which is no surprise, since they were created by a former designer at Apple. Beats also offer a celebrity vibe and a lot of boom-a-chick-a-boom bass.

So much bass, in fact, that some audio experts say that Beats distort the sound of the music.

“In terms of sound performance, they are among the worst you can buy,

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

yea totally no one listened to music before the beats came out. 
indifferent.gif

Nah.....you def know what thet mean, its true.

dnt like how the beats rattle/vibrate when you hear something with a lot of bass. bose doesnt have that problem

So that article is pretty much what I been posting that you cats refuse to believe... I don't believe that beats have horrible sound but to each there own

BOSE hands down
their bass is more natural
you can hear the tiny details and sounds
and their noise canceling is unmatched

i actually own a pair of beats i got the solo hds and think they are great... are they worth the price? no... can you get better headphones for the price? probably... but are the headphones actually good? yes... i love these headphones and im glad i picked it up... definitely not thrilled with the price but they are the best headphones i have ever owned... the bass on these is incredible and clear where it doesnt drone out the treble 

laugh.gif
swear NTers all believe they are auido engineers. If we did a Pepsi challenge type of deal with these headphones, none of you would tell the difference. Stop kidding yourself. Hating on mainstream #weoffthat

Had a pair of Shure SE215 and a pair of Klipsch Image S4 .....can't tell the difference what so ever.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by JuiceEsquire

laugh.gif
swear NTers all believe they are auido engineers. If we did a Pepsi challenge type of deal with these headphones, none of you would tell the difference. Stop kidding yourself. Hating on mainstream #weoffthat

Had a pair of Shure SE215 and a pair of Klipsch Image S4 .....can't tell the difference what so ever.

-The Juice

I'm an audio engineer 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AusZero

laugh.gif

-The Juice

I'm an audio engineer 
ohwell.gif
There are roughly 50,000 members on NT. You think all of them are engineers? Most people are not trained to hear the differences in sound, I believe Skull candy and stock ipod headphones have proved this theory.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by AusZero

laugh.gif

-The Juice

I'm an audio engineer 
ohwell.gif
There are roughly 50,000 members on NT. You think all of them are engineers? Most people are not trained to hear the differences in sound, I believe Skull candy and stock ipod headphones have proved this theory.

-The Juice
What you got against skullcandy's? i've been using them for about 7 years now, best pair of headphones under $20 hands down. got the 50/50's awhile back and did a field test with the audio techs at best buy and they were blown away when i told them which brand made em and also how much i paid.

Back
Top Bottom