Since Paypal Doesn't Protect Sellers, This Guy Took Matters Into His Own Hands. Vol Confronting Sc

Man I need to sell my iPhone and was thinking of selling it on ebay. All these threads have me second guessing. Is there anything you can put in the description such us "no refunds" or anything like that to cover you?

You really just need to take a couple extra steps to cover you *** since its a phone. Send it USPS priority mail with signature confirmation and ONLY ship to confirmed addresses. If you REALLY want to protect yourself, especially with something like a phone, make videos showing the phone works as you're boxing it up [with something like a newspaper with the date on it to show it was recent] and a video of you dropping it off at the PO, it should really help if they buyer wants to try and scam you and say they didnt get it or something.

I will say it seems the biggest slip up people have, regardless of with the item they're selling is, is the first bit ( no signature confirmation to confirmed addresses) you're just asking for someone to say they didn't get it and having them ask for a chargeback if you dont require it (confirmed addresses) and add (signature confirmation).

Hope that eased your apprehension on selling online! Good luck!

Last edited:
How did he take a L even though he got his engine back? He said he sold it for $1400 and there's no way he spent that much on gas going there. Only took a day, too. I think he came up on top with the best feeling ever. Wasn't there something similar to this that had to do with the yeezys? Dudes parents drove crazy amount to get them back and ended up on judge Judy or something? :lol:

That was me.

Google needs to step up and come up with their own online payment system. **** PayPal.
oh-no-o.gif

You really just need to take a couple extra steps to cover you *** since its a phone. Send it USPS priority mail with signature confirmation and ONLY ship to confirmed addresses. If you REALLY want to protect yourself, especially with something like a phone, make videos showing the phone works as you're boxing it up [with something like a newspaper with the date on it to show it was recent] and a video of you dropping it off at the PO, it should really help if they buyer wants to try and scam you and say they didnt get it or something.

I will say it seems the biggest slip up people have, regardless of with the item they're selling is, is the first bit ( no signature confirmation to confirmed addresses) you're just asking for someone to say they didn't get it and having them ask for a chargeback if you dont require it (confirmed addresses) and add (signature confirmation).

great advice

but, that is not close to a guarantee that you'll be protected, smh

paypal and ebay are terrible, wild wild west out there right now

guy just let a motor sit on his floor for a year? what the hell?

maybe he tried to unload it and had no takers :smh:

Last edited:

Thanks for the advice man. As crazy as it sounds that is more than I would have thought of doing beyond the confirmed address. I have sold a few lower priced items but if I am selling something for around $400 I want to try and cover myself as much as possible especially since everything is basically in like new condition.

Man I need to sell my iPhone and was thinking of selling it on ebay. All these threads have me second guessing. Is there anything you can put in the description such us "no refunds" or anything like that to cover you?

great advice

but, that is not close to a guarantee that you'll be protected, smh

paypal and ebay are terrible, wild wild west out there right now

They can still say they received an empty box and even after u show a receipt proving the box wasn't empty u still lose (happen to me). Best thing would be to get all that's mentioned above and I guess insurance so if he says its not in the box, u can file a claim.

Like one of the NTers said.. take a video of you packing the item at the post office with no CUTS.

I guess start shooting the video if you are the one next inline at the post office..take a 10 sec video of the item, put it back in the box then to the shipping box then seal it with packing tape. hand it to the post office employee and finish the transaction (tracking,signature confirmation and insurance). you can even filled out all those forms before you reach the desk for faster transactions. take a video of the receipt and all the tracking no.. then walk out the post office and CUT!!!

if you're selling a phone, take a video of the phone while its ON and show the IMEI/Phone identity then shut it off slide into the box then to the shipping box.

Im going to do this when my 2 current ebay listing ends/sold.

is this a good proof for paypal against scammers?

Like one of the NTers said.. take a video of you packing the item at the post office with no CUTS.

I guess start shooting the video if you are the one next inline at the post office..take a 10 sec video of the item, put it back in the box then to the shipping box then seal it with packing tape. hand it to the post office employee and finish the transaction (tracking,signature confirmation and insurance). you can even filled out all those forms before you reach the desk for faster transactions. take a video of the receipt and all the tracking no.. then walk out the post office and CUT!!!

if you're selling a phone, take a video of the phone while its ON and show the IMEI/Phone identity then shut it off slide into the box then to the shipping box.

Im going to do this when my 2 current ebay listing ends/sold.

is this a good proof for paypal against scammers?

ive seen people go through this much prevention and still lose the case because if the buyer files a chargeback its pretty much a giant CC company vs paypal
and paypal is usually not willing to fight on your behalf and will give you the runaround sucks but thats how it is paypal is great for the buyer horrible for the seller people are already using alternatives to paypal hopefully sooner or later a paypal killer emerges

I mean good for him and all but 20 hrs spent driving.... countless amount of time wasted going back and forth it's still an L.

As someone who uses paypal i believe it's ridiculous with the amount of **** the buyer gets away with but i'll be damned if i go confront someone in another state
It's the principle.
Exactly! It amazes me how many NT'ers lack principles.

not even going to lie i have the type of temper that would get me locked up if somebody did this to me. i would of smashed on site when i got to his house.

some scammer tried to leave me negative feedback on ebay after trying to scam me. i noticed he was about an hour away so i told him if he didnt reverse it i would drive to house and show him he f'd with the wrong person. feedback got reversed. :smokin

same man

ebay/paypal been went to crap

i damn near dont even trust buying off there at least from individuals itd have to be from a company

buyers and sellers get screwed

BAWSE :nthat: repped.

I got scammed twice, I know I can't drive there. Some Pewters to some ******* in Canada, and 2 pairs of custom Elites to some dip**** in HongKong lol

the "no refunds" as a seller is worthless

if the buyer wants their money back they will get it back. eBay will just send them a USPS or ups sticker and they'd ship the item back to the seller then they'd get refunded

so IMO dont sell on ebay anymore. dont deal with paypal. look into eBay classifieds. it's local so you can meet up with buyers(public places of course) and sell your items that way

Back
Top Bottom