Sneakerheads in College

Sorry if this has a lready been done, but I am a out of state college student going to school in Arkansas and I find it hard to get alot of Jordans that I wantor any shoe for that matter. ONE being that I am in Arkansas I mean I can get GR but ill have to drive to memphis or somewhere where they have a quickstrikeaccount to get heat. TWO being I am outta state so my schooling is higher plus I have a apartment so I got bills. To all college annd former colleges studentson NikeTalk. Is it hard for you to get releases cause your in college. (On the other hand though when I am out of college I guess I may be able to get whatever I want due to the money ill be making
laugh.gif
. But it still sucks walkinground campus or going back home ato Kansas City and seeing people rock heat that I could have gotta but at the time I had bills to pay or books to get forclass
tired.gif

Yeah it sucks not to have what you want but I'm here for my degree, if someone else is wearing heat all props to them.
I know in a few years I going to have the money to get what I don't have now and
some. Keep looking on the bay and online. Don't worry about what everyone else have.
In four years the break will be worth it.

i feel u ma dude...i live in new york, but i go 2 skool in jacksonville, florida. this place is so wak and no heat comes out down here...and den wen i go back2 da 718 i c nothin but crack +#* kicks dat i cuddah got but didnt cuz i was stuck in florida....i feel ya pain brotha
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

yeah I totally agree when I graduate its on lol. But shoot I im pretty sure its alot more goibg on in Jacksonville than in Pine Bluff, Ar. The hottest thing topeople here is fakes. The funny part they say that they shoes are real but a real sneakerhead knows.

from chitown here and going to college in michigan has actually helped me cop jays that are releasing. the lines back home would be ridiculous compared to theones here.

glad that i have a co-op job to help pay for kicks..otherwise i would be broke as heck
smile.gif

I'm in my first year of college and on my campus I see alot of fake J's.....but in terms of getting shoes I need to drive about 30 mins to get GR

Ya, i go to college near Pittsburgh, I have to call my boys sometimes from back home to pick me up new heat, and i just pay them back later, it sucks causeI'll buy them and i won't get to see them for a couple of months

I NEVER REALLY HAD A PROBLEM WHILE I WENT TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS. I STAYED OFF CAMPUS WITH MY PARENTS AND HAD A HIGH PAYING CO-OP SO I COPPED WHATEVERCAME OUT. MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT DEGREE IT WILL PAY OFF. NOW THAT I'M GRADUATED I HAVE THE INCOME TO COP MULTIPLES OF WHATEVER I WANT.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I NEVER REALLY HAD A PROBLEM WHILE I WENT TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS. I STAYED OFF CAMPUS WITH MY PARENTS AND HAD A HIGH PAYING CO-OP SO I COPPED WHATEVER CAME OUT. MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT DEGREE IT WILL PAY OFF. NOW THAT I'M GRADUATED I HAVE THE INCOME TO COP MULTIPLES OF WHATEVER I WANT.
Yo thats what im talking bout shoot when I get my degree it wont be a problem, I still hate missing multiple releases though lol

I'll be moving to Pullman in august to go to wsu. It doesn't get worse then that for gettin jordans

Yeah it's definitely tough to work sneakers into the budget while being in school. Workin a few shifts a week doesn't allow for much expendable income(though workin at FL and gettin everything for half price certainly helps)

I live In Boston when Im not at school and go to UMass out in Amherst. I could cop anything I wanted in Boston, but for the real hot stuff I would have to waitan hour before the store opened to guarantee my size. Out here I see tons of Jordans only amongst students because everyone is from all over MA and Jersey andNY and get them from home. Anyways because other than students on campus, no one out here in Western MA care about Js as much as people do closer to Boston soI was able to meet a guy in a town near buy who owns a mom and pops store who lets me pre order. So I never have to worry about rushing to the store in themorning at all. Sometimes I can even pick them up the day before they come out. I find it easier out here to find and connect with Jordan Heads because thereare less of them so it is much more of a bigger thing when you meet one, at least it is to me.

i hear you.....my problem during college was getting the funds to cop the jays....but online is your only solution..unless you got a homie back home that couldcop you a pair while you are away

I'm from san jose, and I go sjsu. However, I have to pay out of state fee because I moved to rainy #*% seatown for 4 yrs before moving back for school.Anyway, I'm not tripping about it, I have some homies that will hook me up with discounts.
pimp.gif

I'm in college! But I go to a city college! CCSF. So my classes are not that expensive n I don't have to pay for no room or anything. I'm stillable to cop my few pairs of heat there 1nce in a while.

Originally Posted by woody23

I'll be moving to Pullman in august to go to wsu. It doesn't get worse then that for gettin jordans
Spokane only an hour and a half away. You should be able to get whatever there.

im 20 years old in college
my mom dont work right now so im suporting fam on my
own n i have 7 bros i still get kicks its hard but i love sneaker

You can always move back home to get lower tuition rates or just forget about shoes for a second, bust your b, get a good education, get a good job/businessand buy all the J's you want and not have to worry about the credit card bills some students have.

i live in ny and go to school in williamsport i have to have my boys pick me up heat case nothin drops here

well im in high school right now and its hard cuz i have no car and usually work all saturday, but itll get better once i buy a car. But I was just atUniversity of Miami this weekend, which looks real nice, but its private, though I think I could get a lot of it paid for due to merit scholarships. But whenwe were driving off campus (i didnt see it) my brother shouts out that there was a niketown literally ACROSS THE STREET!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that store getslimited releases and stuff if I end up goin there.

Could someone tell me exactly what a co-op is? Would I be better off working there than at niketown, when it comes down to money, as welll as recommendationsand such?

I thought I would be a more of a sneakerhead after college, but then what's the point if you're wearing them 2/7 days of the week. I only get the kicksI REALLY like.

Back
Top Bottom