Snowboarders Please Enter..

Looks like you're from the Bay Area. Go check out Sports Basement. They should still have some boards from last season since it was a horrible year last year.

If you are in the bay,

I would buy your setup this season just cause we're suppose to have a great season.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Yea I'm in the bay. I'll check out sports basement this weekend. I have one a few minutes from me. Hopefully I can snag some beginner stuff for the low for me and the wife. Gotta get a rack for my Honda Ridgeline too. I'm pumped. Always loved going to the snow, but my folks were too broke to take me snowboarding etc. we just played at rest stops and free areas lol.

I wish I recorded our dumb ***** today. Found a big log and started rolling it down the hill and just kept hitting ollies over it while it was rolling. Then my boy was somehow able to balance on it and roll down the hill on it. :lol: would never be allowed anywhere except trollhaugen at 2am.

Last edited:
My parents got a Ridgeline 07. we just throw everything in the back bed. got it for the snow and bought the cover to go on top of it. makes it hella easier plus it looks better then having the shell option of the truck

bought myself a subaru impreza '16 for the snow. came with crossbars and everything. gonna install the snowboard carrier one of these days. gonna make it way easier for days trips and what not for the gas and not borrowing the truck

first snow trip of my life will be this weekend. any tips? currently, i am on amazon ready to buy sum waterproof gloves, waterproof jacket, waterproof pants and googles. what else should i get? im trying snowboard on the bunny slopes.

Learn how to heel down the slope and then toe after then you can start to carve (combining the two). Stick to it, you have more control than you think. Stretch before and especially after cause youre gonna be sore as hell the day after.

Eh youre a first timer, dont get too crazy. You can get some cheap snow pants from Sports Authority for like $20 then just wear some long johns under. Someother guy posted info in here that was great, fleece as the first layer, then an insulating layer to keep the heat in then a shell. Your standard North Face jacket should be ok but if anything cop a cheap shell from Burton, Columbia, North Face, or another snowboarding brand. Gloves are important, and also get yourself a decent beanie and neck warmer. I find scarves too cumbersome, oh and get cheap goggles, maybe a clear lens if youre a first time. If you get a colored lens and youre not used to it, its gonna distract you from actually learning how to board.

If youre gonna be going more than once, I say put money into your gear. I bought all my stuff last year, and luckily I liked boarding so I stuck with it

It will be crappy buying the same things twice if you choose to go the cheap route now

If youre gonna be going more than once, I say put money into your gear. I bought all my stuff last year, and luckily I liked boarding so I stuck with it

It will be crappy buying the same things twice if you choose to go the cheap route now

yeah i agree and that's what i finna do lol. i always wanted the yellow lenses. do you also think it will be too distracting?

yeah i agree and that's what i finna do lol. i always wanted the yellow lenses. do you also think it will be too distracting?

"Yellow or gold ski goggle lenses are excellent for flat light, enhancing detail so that you can better ski moguls, eye jumps, and avoid rough spots. Yellow ski goggle lenses are also optimal for snowy days, as the lens tint sharpens vision while filtering out the snow's brightness. Because a yellow-colored goggle lens filters out blue light, this lens color can also be worn on sunny days, making it the best all-around ski goggle.

Additionally, yellow or gold lenses reduce glare and increase depth perception, as well."

Not too late to learn. I started last year. Have some patience and it will be enjoyable
I think I need to learn when the snow is fresh and falling isn't a issue.

The two times that I tried to learn, snow was hard and came home a bruised tailbone lol.

My parents got a Ridgeline 07. we just throw everything in the back bed. got it for the snow and bought the cover to go on top of it. makes it hella easier plus it looks better then having the shell option of the truck

bought myself a subaru impreza '16 for the snow. came with crossbars and everything. gonna install the snowboard carrier one of these days. gonna make it way easier for days trips and what not for the gas and not borrowing the truck

The ridgeline is a great vehicle. A lot of people in the truck world bag on it, but I think it does everything I need it to. I do want a cover for it or a rack.

If I ever get rid of this my snow car would definitely be a Subaru of some sort.

I stuck with my snow pants and shell jacket from SA for like 3 seasons. Snowboarding gear is stupid expensive, no need to go all out. Get some quality stuff but dont sleep on the SA stuff that can get the job done.

Heading to Colorado for the rest of week
Don't think theres been any fresh snow, but the base is good, so hopefully it'll be nice

10000-15000mm for snow pants and jackets if youre in rough areas. Itll help you from getting soaked

first snow trip of my life will be this weekend. any tips? currently, i am on amazon ready to buy sum waterproof gloves, waterproof jacket, waterproof pants and googles. what else should i get? im trying snowboard on the bunny slopes.
If you are just hitting the bunny slope, you really don't need all that gear. You don't need googles, unless it's snowing hard. It's what a mile long on a groomed path. You wont see any different terrain. Pants, I seen people in skinny jeans on the bunny slope. Most of the time it's well groomed and since newbies can't deal with fresh snow. The cheap attix pants from sa, a jacket, beanie, gloves, and thermal socks are my recommendations.

You should at least see if you like it or not before going all out. It's expensive and time consuming(drive wise).

You don't need to go all out on gear.

You don't need goggles, you don't need special gloves just go and see if you even like it first.

Back
Top Bottom