So, a cop tried to give me a ticket for riding my BICYCLE thru a redlight -_-

indifferent.gif

Was my exact face when dude started talking to me.. He didn't give me 1 but is this really a law now? & since when? This situation actually happened about a month ago, but I'm asking now because since then I've been riding in much more busy areas with wayy more cops and haven't had this problem
30t6p3b.gif

Dude was like " It has wheels right? U cant do it " .. You cant ride down 1 ways either
indifferent.gif
..  If this really is a law I think he didnt give me a ticket because he could see the look of cluelessness & disgust on my face
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Was my exact face when dude started talking to me.. He didn't give me 1 but is this really a law now? & since when? This situation actually happened about a month ago, but I'm asking now because since then I've been riding in much more busy areas with wayy more cops and haven't had this problem
30t6p3b.gif

Dude was like " It has wheels right? U cant do it " .. You cant ride down 1 ways either
indifferent.gif
..  If this really is a law I think he didnt give me a ticket because he could see the look of cluelessness & disgust on my face
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

He definitely can if he wanted to. Bike is considered a car, if you roll through a red or a stop sign its considered a moving violation.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

He definitely can if he wanted to. Bike is considered a car, if you roll through a red or a stop sign its considered a moving violation.

He definitely can if he wanted to. Bike is considered a car, if you roll through a red or a stop sign its considered a moving violation. If your going past 25 in a residential they could technically give you a speeding ticket as well. 

He definitely can if he wanted to. Bike is considered a car, if you roll through a red or a stop sign its considered a moving violation. If your going past 25 in a residential they could technically give you a speeding ticket as well. 

Pretty certain he could if he really wanted to, bikes are vehicles and should obey all the same traffic laws cars do. I don't think I've ever seen a cop enforce it, though.

Pretty certain he could if he really wanted to, bikes are vehicles and should obey all the same traffic laws cars do. I don't think I've ever seen a cop enforce it, though.

first ive ever heard of this.....so ridiculous

on a somewhat related note how serious is a BUI (biking under the influence)? i know the cops around isla vista give a ton of those out..........is that a felony like a DUI? if so....wow

first ive ever heard of this.....so ridiculous

on a somewhat related note how serious is a BUI (biking under the influence)? i know the cops around isla vista give a ton of those out..........is that a felony like a DUI? if so....wow

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Cmon fam, don't you know bicyclists have to obey the same laws as cars/motorcycles?
I've been riding bikes for who knows how many years and have NEVER encountered such a situation, nor do I know anyone who has. So no, I didn't know. And like I said, as recent as today I was biking in probably the busiest part of brooklyn going thru lights and other random things a car shouldn't be doing in the presence of 100+ cops and kno1 said anything.

laugh.gif
@ BUI.. thats forreal too??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Cmon fam, don't you know bicyclists have to obey the same laws as cars/motorcycles?
I've been riding bikes for who knows how many years and have NEVER encountered such a situation, nor do I know anyone who has. So no, I didn't know. And like I said, as recent as today I was biking in probably the busiest part of brooklyn going thru lights and other random things a car shouldn't be doing in the presence of 100+ cops and kno1 said anything.

laugh.gif
@ BUI.. thats forreal too??
nerd.gif

I would say 99 times out of 100 a cop will never do anything cause he would most likely be on foot, you could just ride away and with no plates it wouldn't be worth the hassle chasing you.

I have seen heaps of couriers taken out by cars or slamming into pedestrians mainly cause they don't follow the road rules which apply to road vehicles.

I would say 99 times out of 100 a cop will never do anything cause he would most likely be on foot, you could just ride away and with no plates it wouldn't be worth the hassle chasing you.

I have seen heaps of couriers taken out by cars or slamming into pedestrians mainly cause they don't follow the road rules which apply to road vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom