So Comed really has a monopoly going on here...

theres is NO alternative in illinois to using comed
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
this is $%^&*()_

Il just actually de-regulated electricity, i switched to Champion. Comed still delivers the electricity and services the lines, but i pay Champion every month. I am locked in to a cheaper kwh price than what Comed was at.
Here is more info provided by the state of IL:

http://pluginillinois.org/

Originally Posted by bilingue23

Il just actually de-regulated electricity, i switched to Champion. Comed still delivers the electricity and services the lines, but i pay Champion every month. I am locked in to a cheaper kwh price than what Comed was at.
Here is more info provided by the state of IL:

http://pluginillinois.org/

what are the savings coming out to?

15% savings according to the site. I used 724 kwh last month. Other good thing is that they give everyone a referral code when signing up. So every person you get to sign up gets $25 off their bill, and you get $25 off your bill. Similar to directv's referral program.

I just got off the phone with ComEd. I just moved in to a new spot in Chicago in Oct. and my bill is crazy cheap, like $10-$15 a month. Seems off, right? So, I get a letter yesterday stating they have been trying to contact me because they can't access my meter yet I've never received a call and I get a bill every month. So I call and they say that the meter is in the basement of my building and they can't get in therefore, they have been billing by estimate. What the heck is that crap. So I asked, if this applies to all 6 units in my building and she says yes, please contact your landlord and let them know we need a key. She said they don't know if they are over or under billing everyone in my building. Clearly every tenant has received this same letter and seeing as how my bill is so cheap I am not going to be the one to contact the landlord.

Originally Posted by Lou Baton

I just got off the phone with ComEd. I just moved in to a new spot in Chicago in Oct. and my bill is crazy cheap, like $10-$15 a month. Seems off, right? So, I get a letter yesterday stating they have been trying to contact me because they can't access my meter yet I've never received a call and I get a bill every month. So I call and they say that the meter is in the basement of my building and they can't get in therefore, they have been billing by estimate. What the heck is that crap. So I asked, if this applies to all 6 units in my building and she says yes, please contact your landlord and let them know we need a key. She said they don't know if they are over or under billing everyone in my building. Clearly every tenant has received this same letter and seeing as how my bill is so cheap I am not going to be the one to contact the landlord.

sounds like typical comed !$*!$#%# to me.......

There is a "green energy company" option in Chicago. Their green rates are a few cents cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom