So, do you think KOBEs will be worth as much as JORDANs are now in 20 years?

You know what?.....

I'll put a stack down, and bet all these ppl buyin and coppin these jordans that some of us grew up with, are below the age of 21.... Kids hyping all this JB sh**, never even saw Jordan play.... Smfh man... It's all hype.

Nothing more but just pure hype.

Originally Posted by never wear them

the same can be said for a lot of these Kobe/Bron releases... _____ scored 8 pts in 3 mins wearing a GR (that everyone was waiting to on sale)  now lets buy them all up

and it's not just ppl below a certain age doing this btw.

Originally Posted by never wear them

the same can be said for a lot of these Kobe/Bron releases... _____ scored 8 pts in 3 mins wearing a GR (that everyone was waiting to on sale)  now lets buy them all up

and it's not just ppl below a certain age doing this btw.

^The difference is ppl are actually seeing the player do it not watching nba classics of jordan.

^The difference is ppl are actually seeing the player do it not watching nba classics of jordan.

^^ i think kids these days(i'd go with with 18 and under because I'm 21 and grew up during the latter jordan era and remember kicks coming out and actually had a lot of jordan memorabilia growing up, however I think with my age range it can differ, some kids followed it some kids didn't, but with the kids in their teens still i think the number drops off quite a bit) but anyway i'd say kids these days are buying all these Jordans because they're seeing them blow up in pop culture, not because it has anything to do with MJ. I think most kids 18 and under could care less about MJ(not to say there aren't fans, of course there are), but the majority don't remember anything about him.

I can remember as a kid growing up and hearing about him and always thinking he was the best, I had AJs in elementary cause my mom bought them at discount, but back then I couldn't care less about the shoes, I wanted posters and especially his basketball cards. His shoes were just a part of everything, they weren't it though...if that makes sense. Now, it's all about just the shoes. People are buying Jordans because they're a brand of shoes with prestige and coolness labeled all over them thanks to pop culture, not MJ. That same reason goes for why JB can afford to produce the cheapest shoes they've ever made, most of that age range didn't experience real AJs as they were back in the day. The brand is completely different now; what they're producing and how they're selling it.

^^ i think kids these days(i'd go with with 18 and under because I'm 21 and grew up during the latter jordan era and remember kicks coming out and actually had a lot of jordan memorabilia growing up, however I think with my age range it can differ, some kids followed it some kids didn't, but with the kids in their teens still i think the number drops off quite a bit) but anyway i'd say kids these days are buying all these Jordans because they're seeing them blow up in pop culture, not because it has anything to do with MJ. I think most kids 18 and under could care less about MJ(not to say there aren't fans, of course there are), but the majority don't remember anything about him.

I can remember as a kid growing up and hearing about him and always thinking he was the best, I had AJs in elementary cause my mom bought them at discount, but back then I couldn't care less about the shoes, I wanted posters and especially his basketball cards. His shoes were just a part of everything, they weren't it though...if that makes sense. Now, it's all about just the shoes. People are buying Jordans because they're a brand of shoes with prestige and coolness labeled all over them thanks to pop culture, not MJ. That same reason goes for why JB can afford to produce the cheapest shoes they've ever made, most of that age range didn't experience real AJs as they were back in the day. The brand is completely different now; what they're producing and how they're selling it.

I might not. I don't think even Jordan will be worth much in the future. Why? Everyone is collector now. Your momma, papa, grandparents are collectors now. Market are flooded. Just like housing market, it has burst the bubble.

I might not. I don't think even Jordan will be worth much in the future. Why? Everyone is collector now. Your momma, papa, grandparents are collectors now. Market are flooded. Just like housing market, it has burst the bubble.

laugh.gif

@ the people who don't think that kids are buying Jordans over Kobe's shoes, then thinking they need to know about what Jordan did! I guess adults need to know who and what Johnston and Murphy were about, in order to buy their business shoes as well. 

Many kids think that Kobe is a burger. They may see that he is nice with his game, but that off court crap proves that he has no concept of hip at all. I read all of this stuff about how Kobe's shoes are doing well in sales, but where? I have yet to see anyone, and I play in THREE, THREE leagues in NYC, wearing these shoes. On the street, I saw high school kids going to summer school, and they are wearing Jordans, not Kobe's. I don't even see the kids who play for Rice High school in Harlem wearing them on the streets, and they get'em for free!

Kobe is a great player and all, but his personality does not transcend his game. 

laugh.gif

@ the people who don't think that kids are buying Jordans over Kobe's shoes, then thinking they need to know about what Jordan did! I guess adults need to know who and what Johnston and Murphy were about, in order to buy their business shoes as well. 

Many kids think that Kobe is a burger. They may see that he is nice with his game, but that off court crap proves that he has no concept of hip at all. I read all of this stuff about how Kobe's shoes are doing well in sales, but where? I have yet to see anyone, and I play in THREE, THREE leagues in NYC, wearing these shoes. On the street, I saw high school kids going to summer school, and they are wearing Jordans, not Kobe's. I don't even see the kids who play for Rice High school in Harlem wearing them on the streets, and they get'em for free!

Kobe is a great player and all, but his personality does not transcend his game. 

Nah. The Jordan brand is iconic in many ways. From the ban on the Is, new premium materials that changed the "shoe game" (IIIs), the headlines on the news of kids getting jacked, commercials, and so forth. Kobes don't carry that nostalgic value with consumers. He's not marketed anywhere near as much as Jordan was. 

Nah. The Jordan brand is iconic in many ways. From the ban on the Is, new premium materials that changed the "shoe game" (IIIs), the headlines on the news of kids getting jacked, commercials, and so forth. Kobes don't carry that nostalgic value with consumers. He's not marketed anywhere near as much as Jordan was. 

The jordan line is over hyped, they will never be another line of shoes that can live up to the hype. As far as the shoe line goes without all the hype I can see the Kobe line worth more than the jordan line. In 10 years when my son goes to buy basketball shoes he isnt gonna want the Jordan 2020, all the good OG jordans are gonna be unwearable and the cheap quality retros arent gonna be worth the money to play highschool ball in. The Part of Florida I live at Jordans already lost there steam, Im debating if I should sell now before im stuck with a case of unwearable sneakers and cheap retros.  

lol, people in china are more advanced then us techonolgy wise and sneaker wise, they already know where the money is gonna be at and the stocking up on shoes, and its not Jordans

The jordan line is over hyped, they will never be another line of shoes that can live up to the hype. As far as the shoe line goes without all the hype I can see the Kobe line worth more than the jordan line. In 10 years when my son goes to buy basketball shoes he isnt gonna want the Jordan 2020, all the good OG jordans are gonna be unwearable and the cheap quality retros arent gonna be worth the money to play highschool ball in. The Part of Florida I live at Jordans already lost there steam, Im debating if I should sell now before im stuck with a case of unwearable sneakers and cheap retros.  

lol, people in china are more advanced then us techonolgy wise and sneaker wise, they already know where the money is gonna be at and the stocking up on shoes, and its not Jordans

Back
Top Bottom