so for those observing Good Friday, what are you having today for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

^
glasses.gif

just had toast w. nutella for breakfast

don't know what I'm doing for lunch/dinner....maybe a grilled cheese or something... *shrugs*

we have an understanding of my lifestyle.........
i dont do that fasting or no meat thing

that is very catabolic.

Day's almost done in this part of the world.

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner: Fish. Fish. Fish.
laugh.gif

Tuna Pasta. Grilled Salmon. Grilled Blue Marlin.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Eggs technically considered meat?

If so then I failed already.

yea i think you did already
i had 5 omega 3 eggs this mornin

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Eggs technically considered meat?

If so then I failed already.

yea i think you did already
i had 5 omega 3 eggs this mornin
I kind of want to tell my mother this, but I think it will break her spirit. I'll just sweep this info under the rug, for her sake.

skipped breakfast. just coffee.
lunch will be tuna salad with lettuce and tomato.
dinner- linguine with calamari in sauce, or linguine with clams

i'm guessing a lot of people will be eating fish.
i used to always beast on the mcdonald's filet-o-fish.  i tried the wendy's fish sandwich once, it was way better and tasted like chicken.

why is fish okay to eat?  technically it's the flesh of an animal.  would eating bugs be off limits too (snails)?

"Abstinence The law of abstinence requires a Catholic 14 years of age until death to abstain from eating meat on Fridays in honor of the Passion of Jesus on Good Friday. Meat is considered to be the flesh and organs of mammals and fowl. Also forbidden are soups or gravies made from them. Salt and freshwater species of fish, amphibians, reptiles and shellfish are permitted, as are animal derived products such as margarine and gelatin which do not have any meat taste."

this according to the 1983 Code of Canon Law

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

"Abstinence The law of abstinence requires a Catholic 14 years of age until death to abstain from eating meat on Fridays in honor of the Passion of Jesus on Good Friday. Meat is considered to be the flesh and organs of mammals and fowl. Also forbidden are soups or gravies made from them. Salt and freshwater species of fish, amphibians, reptiles and shellfish are permitted, as are animal derived products such as margarine and gelatin which do not have any meat taste."

An interpretation of this is that eggs are from the flesh/body of fowl.  HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????????

It's not that serious but I'm bored...

Not Catholic but I plan on eating a lot of seafood today
pimp.gif

Made a garden eggs omelet and vegesausage for breakfast
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I'm having eggs as I type this. Not sure what's I'll have for lunch, and for dinner I'll have some sort of fish.

I don't know why I observe the whole "no-meat-on-Friday's-during-lent" tradition. I mean, I know why, but I don't go to church every Sunday. I guess it's something I've always done, so I'll just keep at it.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

So you cant eat meat on each and every Friday?

Son I do it out of tradition but I really don't get it.

Breakfast toaster strudel
Lunch tuna fish salad
Dinner pene a la vodka
Snack grilled cheese

Well you can't do a lot of things if you're going straight from the Bible, so most people just sort of pick and choose.

Back
Top Bottom